Recreated stories from the Original Dynasty

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by JeffUSA, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +337
    I think you're going to get it: Tom had an affair with Cesil's wife so he could be Monica's father. Fallon gave Monica a nightclub as a gift so she has that in common with Dominique.

2. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +27
    That's quite interesting actually. I don't know if that's what the show was going for, but a great thought. I wish Whitney was alive to play Dominique. Patti Labelle would work though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gabriele

Gabriele Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13
    i.would.like.to.see.Rita.Lesley's.story.also:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gabriele

Gabriele Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13
    And.of.course.Fallon's.aliens.abduction
    :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))9

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,339
    I'd love to read a Q&A with the show-runners where a reporter asks them point blank:

"If the show has a long enough run, will we see Cristal's doppelganger lock her in an attic and take over her life?"

I would love to hear their thoughts on that....polarizing story, if not just to see how much they want to hit Dynasty's high points (and low points).

6. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,478
    Actually... I kinda want to see them do the scene of Alexis loving Cecil to death. :lol: I mean come on, why not? Although I'd have it so that unlike the original, Cecil really does die right there in the sack, just before he and Alexis are about to tie the knot (he believed Blake slept with his wife, so why not get revenge by marrying Blake's ex? Plus, its a convenient way of writing the character out, since he doesn't seem all that popular). So Alexis no longer has a chance at sinking her claws into the Colby fortune...

...or at least, that's how it looks at first... before she marries Jeff. :lol: C'mon, think about all the cradle-robbing jokes Fallon could make! Heck, it would certainly make things awkward for Steven, too. And there'd be a new reason for Blake and Jeff to be at each other's throats. It even opens the door for Monica/Monique/whoever to have a fight or two with Alexis! And of course it would really go to show how far Alexis will sink in order to get money and power.

Besides, they could get divorced after a few episodes, or at least by the end of the season... once Jeff spots Alexis sporting with a man named Dex Dexter!

7. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,339
    I like the way you think, but I tend to believe Jeff would approach Alexis to marry her, since he wants to make the Carringtons miserable even more than Alexis does. She might do it just to make Fallon (and Blake to a lesser extent) squirm, and of course gain access to his (supposed) millions. Maybe Jeff has some dirt on her from long ago and blackmails her into marriage, so she returns the favor by marrying him, then engineering his 'accidental' death in some clever, keeping-her-hands-clean kind of way.
    He'd go into this believing he could marry Alexis and "manage" her as a tool in his war, but of course she'd be the one 'managing' him (much like Fallon turned the tables on him when he tried to marry/manipulate her).

In a nod to their Atlanta setting, perhaps their wedding reception could be held at the Marietta 'Big Chicken', and Jeff could end up falling off the beak? The Giant Chicken is as much an Atlanta-area icon as Stone Mountain!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,965
    Jeff in the jungle.
    But instead of finding the treasure/artefact, he stumbles upon a mysterious new energy source, hm, I haven't figured out yet what that should be. But it's something big, and it could change the world forever!

9. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,339
    He is lost and starving as he wanders the jungle, so he samples a strange fruit that he doesn't recognize. It's so good he eats handfuls of it...only to experience what the doctors call "excessive, obnoxious flatulence" so acute, that he eventually bottles the 'product' to power the hot-air balloon that helps him escape to civilization.

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,206
    But will he be fighting giant ants?

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I just wonder how nuAlexis will come into money. She can't be trailer bound forever.

12. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,478
    Well, like stated in the above comments, she could marry Cecil like in the original show... or she could marry Jeff. :lol:

13. JeffUSA

JeffUSA Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +39
    It's not been terribly clear where the Colby fortune originated. Colbyco has been mentioned a couple times and we know that Jeff is self-made based on whatever he did after leaving Carrington Atlantic, but is Colbyco his company or Cecil's? And if it was Cecil's, what is Colbyco? (For that matter what is Jeff's business?)

I've never been certain in this iteration of the show if the Colbys were wealthy to begin with or if they are new money, living off of Jeff's wealth.

The whole Colby family story is not well defined, despite all of the promotion of the new show stating it was "A modernized reboot of the 1980s primetime soap [that] follows two of America's wealthiest families, the Carringtons and the Colbys, as they feud for control over their fortune and their children."

I expected more from the Colby family than what we have been given. They have been completely one note and it's been off-key.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,339
    From what I gather, Jeff (and perhaps even Monica) was given a scholarship or some sort of assistance by Blake to attend college (likely to assuage his guilty conscience*) and Jeff founded a tech company/start-up of some sort they refer to as ColbyCo. The company has made Jeff independently wealthy. I got the impression that Cesil was never well-off, and in fact he would never have been able to support Jeff's (or Monica's) college plans.

* Since we don't know all the details of Tom's affair with Mrs. Colby, nor how Blake or Alexis figured into the cover-up, we can only assume that Blake felt he needed to look after the Colby kids in some way since he sent their father to jail on questionable charges.

That movie (Empire of the Ants) was filmed in and around where I currently live. Of course I wasn't living her in 1977 when it was filmed, and things have been developed so much in the intervening years that very little of the area is recognizable in the film...but still, it's fun to imagine Dame Joan trudging through the mangroves on Sailfish Point, avoiding the Styrofoam ants.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1