Dallas Actors Retrospective of DALLAS with Patrick Duffy & Linda Gray 3/23/2017

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Tina Ewing, Feb 16, 2017.

1. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Great videos from the press conference :gotcha: ;Thanks again for sharing with us Tina ; they are great as usual !!!!!!:yep:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Barbara Fan

Barbara Fan Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +9,613
    Medals:
    thanks for pics and posting, Patrick needs a shave and i wish Linda would wear something thats not brown lol

and stop praising TNT, it sucked and failed and we switched off due to that, even a die hard like me

ORIGINAL Dallas please PD and LG!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,259
    It's that elephant in the room mentality, something which I've always seen as an opportunity to divulge my thoughts which often goes against the norm. During the years of my working life attending the most inane training courses I've certainly had fun nipping at the heels of those steering the training lesson. I've lost count the number of times I've rolled my eyes at yet another Powerpoint presentation.

As much as I would have loved to attend this event would I expect Linda and Patrick to be forthright with their opinions regarding TNT Dallas? I doubt it. We'll probably hear about the wonderful moments during the course of Lorimar Dallas but nothing will be spoken of regarding the deterioration of it. The same will be said of TNT Dallas. How wonderful it was to have the three musketeers back together and working with the younger actors but again we won't dare speak of Cynthia & Co's handling of it.

It's this kind of mentality which achieves nothing. I'm not saying a straight out attack but accept some acknowledgement of the failure that was TNT Dallas.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ms Southworth

Ms Southworth Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,612
    AMEN !!!!! :giggle:

5. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,064
    Medals:
    Thanks again @Tina Ewing for posting those videos. :)

You know the press conference one was long but there was actually some new stuff in there. I liked that they addressed Dallas TNT at the end and yes it's true it did end on a bad note and was disrespectful to the fans. The way it ended sucked really. But then again the way the original Dallas ended sort of sucked too and maybe that was a part of why it could be resurrected since it hadn't been tied up properly in the first place.

Hilarious also with the fangirl in the middle rambling on for minutes. :giggle:For a moment there I thought she was asking Patrick who was the better kisser, Victoria or Priscilla, but I guess she had asked him that earlier. Anyway he sort of answered that later on at this press conference too.

I liked what Patrick had to say about the impact the show has had in people's lives. Linda sort of dodged that question and went more into describing how she had done her research to create Sue Ellen instead, which was interesting too in a way.

Anyway I'm looking forward to hearing more about the event tomorrow. Also I wish they'd make a bigger event for the 40th Anniversary next year with more cast members...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,559
    Medals:
    I've heard it went good but that crazy fan girl was there trying to take over as usual :( I dread her being at the next event I will be at. Her behaviour is absolutely outrageous. I've stayed tight-lipped about this but no more - if you meet her at an event and she tries to stampede over you to get to Linda - tell her to back off!!!

I choose to stay positive about Linda and Patrick because at least they are doing everything they can to keep Dallas alive for us. Does it matter what they wear or how they look? Patrick could be growing a beard for another role - he's an actor. We can't expect him to look like Bobby for the rest of his career and just because he has a bit of stubble doesn't mean he's trying to escape his sex symbol image.

I'm just very grateful to them both for doing this for fans. That's my view anyway. As one newspaper article says, 'they came to Dallas to give Dallas the send off it deserved'. Let's be grateful to them for doing that. :kiss:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  7. Alexia

Alexia Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +565
    Very well said Sarah!!!!:bravo:

• Like Like x 2
  8. DALLASguy

DALLASguy Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +329
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,612
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Tina Ewing

Tina Ewing Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    currently unemployed
    Ratings:
    +166
    Couldn't agree more with you, Sarah!
    I also love and respect both Patrick and Linda and their achievements so much that it does not seem right for me to criticise them for their appearence or what kind of clothes they wear. Just my humble opinion, I don't mean to offend anyone.

As for the topic of TNT and Cidre - yes, I have to admit that the third season was not my cup of tea entirely. The direction the show took in that season was too far from the original we all loved - too many new characters, lack of the original characters, original characters behaving in a strange way (grumpy yelling Bobby, Cliff the monster, etc), stupid storylines, even made up storylines that were supposed to occur in the original series which made the longtime fans wondering 'what the hell are they talking about?', etc etc. It has been talked about so many times.

On a positive note, however, I'm grateful. I'm grateful even though the continuation did not work out as we all hoped. I'm grateful we were given the chance to see our beloved actors in the roles they were born to play, and what is the most important, I'm grateful we had the chance to say goodbye to Larry Hagman/JR Ewing. It was meant to be no matter how it all ended eventually.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Tina Ewing

Tina Ewing Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    currently unemployed
    Ratings:
    +166
    • Like Like x 6
  12. pd fan

pd fan Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Thanks Tina for the pics and yes these persons were lucky to take some pictures with them !!!!:gotcha:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,259
    100% agree. I have just begun to watch the last season of my much loved DVD collection. It does however finish with "Swan Song", when we say goodbye (temporarily) to Bobby. The previous two seasons had it all and JR was at his menacing best. The season I'm watching is where my love for Dallas begins to wane. From the opening episode I immediately notice the absence of Bradford May's stunning photography. It looks like the producers are using old film stock. "Where the hell is Miss Ellie?" Not even a mention of her until episode 2 I believe when Clayton visits Bobby in hospital. How convenient for Bobby to tell Clayton not to inform his mommy about his condition. I suppose it gives the producers time to select their new Miss Ellie.

Watching the first few episodes something strikes me as odd. The writers give us a glorious shot of Katherine hounding the Real Estate lady to purchase her parents former home (stunning by the way) in Houston. We have shots of Katherine visiting Bobby in hospital, her interactions with Pam and Cliff. It was like the producers were going to keep her around until that scene when she visits Bobby and attempts to give him a lethal injection. To me this felt a little forced. It was like something had happened in the writers room and suddenly she and others were on the nose. Exit stage left for Katherine and Afton.

Arriving stage right; Jamie Ewing. Someone please, get a ranch hand and shoot this thing for trespassing onto the greatest show on Earth. I cannot believe that ridding us of Katherine Wentworth, Afton Cooper and Mark Grayson and handing us Jamie Ewing was a good thing. "Where the hell is Miss Ellie still?"

And on and on and on it goes until the inevitable end with Bobby's death and unfortunately the death of a once great show. Not even the return of Patrick and Barbara Bel Geddes could save it. Some nice moments here and there but not enough to entice me to purchase the remaining seasons.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Ms Southworth

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,612
    Absolutely LOVED Linda's outfit, shoes, hair, makeup, etc. at last night's event! She was drop-dead
    GORGEOUS! In some ways, I think that Linda is even more beautiful now than in the early Dallas years (if that's even possible)! :kiss::kiss::kiss: I was happy to see Patrick in a nice suit. Even though he still had a full beard, he looked so much better than in the interviews a few days ago! :kiss::kiss::kiss: Are the shoes/clogs that he was wearing the latest in fashion? Maybe it's just me who's oldfashioned! :confused:

I can appreciate and I do respect that Linda, Larry and Patrick supposedly truly enjoyed TNT Dallas. I think that they really liked playing Sue Ellen, JR, and Bobby! Also, I imagine that they enjoyed spending long workdays in each other's company. The three musketeers were back together, and that in itself meant a lot to them, I think. :group:

I just have a hard time understanding how Linda, Larry, and Patrick supposedly appreciated the massive changes in the storylines (and the "old" characters) that Cidre introduced. :think: IMHO, it was a lack of respect to the Dallas fans of many years that TNT Dallas seemed to quickly lose the connection to its roots! TNT Dallas was geared toward a different audience than the one who loved the original Dallas! :(

Anyway, like I said, I'm happy to hear that LG and PD had a big hoot filming the show (even though I as a viewer didn't cheer)! :bye:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,490
    I actually felt sorry for Katherine when she bought her parents' old house. To me, it symbolized just how much she missed her parents and the life she used to have before they died and she managed to screw up her life with the Bobby thing. I bet she wished that she had never come to Dallas in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,259
    I'd love to know what that "different audience" was. I appreciate today's television landscape has changed dramatically. Most of the youth I'm working with are watching Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, True Blood etc. But I believe the TV Executives are doing themselves and their advertisers a great disservice by not offering a more adult/contemporary family drama like Dallas. I still believe there is a market for it. I'll be keeping a very close eye on Dynasty 2.0. If it fails than I'll suggest the market for family drama is dead and viewers today have an appetite more for Keeping Up With The Dash-hounds.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Presea

Presea Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,490
    While I do think that this was a nice thing for Patrick and Linda to do and am glad that a lot of people enjoyed it, a part of me can't help thinking that this is just a way for them to milk this for all that it's worth. I mean, I can't see Dallas coming back, so what big purpose does it serve to keep dwelling on it with events like this?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,259
    Linda looks bloody incredible and I love the ruggedness of Patrick. There must have been something in that Southfork pool. :)

19. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +9,064
    Medals:
    Couldn't agree with you more Sarah. :)

Thanks for sharing the photos. The first photo on the stage somehow reminds me a bit of when we saw them on Wogan back in 2006. It was sort of the same set up with them sitting around talking. Only difference really was that back then Larry was still with them. Oh and I bet Wogan was funnier than the moderator for this event!

20. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +753
    I enjoyed the interview videos, but ugh at the part where Patrick starts talking about drilling for oil on Southfork and the storyline the TNT writers had written and had to re-write. Like FFS, the show had no chance with that bunch of uneducated (Dallas history uneducated) nitwits running the show.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1