Rewatching Knots Landing

Discussion in 'Knots Landing' started by Karin Schill, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,995
    I agree that Greg was much better suited with Laura or Abby than with Paige!

IMG_20180302_00021.jpg

This photo is from "Merger Made In Heaven".
    Abby and Greg get married and make a big splash PR wise with their wedding. Paige keeps chasing after Greg and is all broken hearted and having a hard time understand why he marries Abby rather than her. She is too young to see that Greg is right. He is too old for her and she can do better than him. But she is too blinded by love to realize it.

Meanwhile Karen and Mack are quite amused by that Abby and Greg are getting married as they match each other so well. Also Mack quits his job to take a case where he can help the homeless.

Tonight it was "Mrs Peacock in the library with the lead pipe".

Finally a Ewing centered episode. Jill's perfect alibi has some wholes in it as she hadn't counted on that the guy she supposedly slept with had syphilis. :giggle:
    So now Jill and Gary has to get tested and when their tests comes back negative Gary gets suspicous. He also finds out that Jill has a prescription for sleeping pills that she won't need renewed. Actually this is a goof on the writer's part as Jill used Val's prescription that she stole off her fridge in the last season to try to kill her. But oh well I guess they needed to come up with a reason to make Gary realize that Val was telling the truth and not Jill. So I'll buy it.

Val also finally gets the twins back. :)
    But her aunt Virginia brings them home. Too bad they couldn't get Julie Harris to guest star as Lilimae.

Also Jill is stalking Gary and is going more and more crazy. She seems to actually believe that she and Gary are engaged even though it's over between them. :(

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Top Jimmy

Top Jimmy Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +120
    I could be wrong, but I think Jill had her own sleeping pills that she used to knock out her self-proclaimed one-night stand David Lamb, and she used other pills on Val. It's a little convoluted, so who knows? I love the episodes around this time, when Jill is nuttier than ever, but seemingly one step ahead of Gary, Val, Mac, Karen and the rest of the Knots Landing "detectives."

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,886
    "Mrs. Peacock" is also the episode where they have that amusing cat-and-mouse game between Greg and Abby where he keeps trying (and failing) to catch Abby without her eye make-up.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,995
    You are both right!
    Yes that scene with Abby and Greg was hilarious. Oddly enough I don't think they were in tonight's episode at all...

But it was revealed that Jill had used her own sleeping pills to knock out David Lamb so yeah she's one step ahead of the "detectives" for now.

Also I enjoyed Gary and Val's talk about how everyone hoped they would get back together again... ;)

5. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,886
    Val: "They still say that?"
    Karen: "Only at the mention of your name or his."

I love it when a soap can be self-reverential, as long as they do it sparingly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,995
    So tonight it was "Poor Jill"...

In this episode Gary has finally had enough of Jill and goes to her office and tells her to move back to where she came from. But it is Val's visit at the office that scares Jill. How she can go from being scared for her life to end up in Gary's trunk is a mystery...

But I seem to remember that Gary became accused of her murder...

If I remember it right it was crazy Jill that had locked herself into Garys trunk expecting to be rescued sooner...

Oh and the custody fight over Meg ends before it goes to court since Greg wants to do what is best for his daughter.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  7. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,886
    This was the last 'big' mystery I really enjoyed on KL, because the suspect list was so solid. Typically, a soap murder mystery features three or four major characters, plus one minor, expendable character that turns out to be the real killer. Not having that "easy out" made the mystery genuinely intriguing, and of course I had not considered the idea that Jill's own mental state could have been a factor in her death. We've been so conditioned by past murder mysteries that a break in tradition was refreshing, to say the least. From the kick-off of the mystery (the discovery of the body) to Mack's eventual solution, I honestly had no idea how it would play out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,995
    Oh I agree the first time I watched the show I totally couldn't figure out who had killed Jill. The evidence seemed to implicate Val or Gary. The fact that we never got to hear what they talked about when they went to the park added to the mystery and at the same time I didn't believe that either one of them would be capable of killing someone. So yes it was a mystery who had killed Jill. :think:

In tonight's episode we got the resolution "Guilty until proven innocent"...

Jill closed the lid on herself as Mack and Karen figured out. I totally hadn't seen that one coming. But I agree with Karen. I don't believe Jill had planned to kill herself, I think she had planned to be rescued. Her mistake was putting that tape over her mouth, if she hadn't she probably wouldn't have died.

I loved the ending when Gary came home to the cul-de-sac and walked into the house with Val and their kids. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,092
    It wasn't a conclusion - Valene totally murdered Jill and I know it's true. Valene is such a skanky Jill-murderer!!!!!!111

10. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,092
    Also - there's solutions... that Tommie might accept!

Valene not being a murderess is not one of them! HA!!!

11. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,995
    So tonight it was "Dial M for Modem"...

I think the title of the episode is probably meant to pay tribute to the movie "Dial M For Murder" with Grace Kelly...

Karen and Abby are in a competition to win the boards approval to champion their cause. Abby's motifs are of course selfish since she wants to drill for oil at Lotus Point. Karen tries to stop her without realizing that it's her that she's stopping. So Abby gets her revenge by releasing a computer virus at the University's computers! :rlol:

Paige finds the actor Abby hired but she can't expose it because Ted has some info on her.

Karen tries to set up Gary with Paula and Mack objects "what about Val?"
    Yeah what about Val in deed. I think they are dragging out their reconcilation way too long. Now Gary's starting to get the phone calls from the mystery wrong number caller with the dog. Oh well at least we know that they are bond to get back together sooner or later...

I sense that Danny's introduction is just around the corner too and I am not looking forward to that at all!

• Like Like x 1