Rewatching Season Four (dvd)

Discussion in 'Dallas Season Reviews' started by darkshadows38, Jul 18, 2019.

1. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +331
    Medals:
    well i just got done watching No More Mr. Nice Guy Part 1 the Season 4 Premiere and we got the NEW intro change the 1st change in the theme song i think? it's honestly fits more with the 70's than the 80's. and i gotta say as good as the last episode of season 3 is and it's a damn good one i was only a year and a half year old at the time he got shot and only 2 years old when it was revealed who was the killer?

we all know who shot him now but i wonder how many of you were surprised on who it did end up being? well i suppose i will talk a bit more about that when i do get to the reveal episode. anyways it starts out with a Maid finding JR still on the ground where he fell at the end of last season hmm i was thinking i do wonder how many hrs he was on that floor cause when he was shot it was dark as hell by the looks of it and when he was found it was prolly i'm guessing around 5 am or so maybe later cause it looked like the morning by than. so he had to be out cold for a few hrs at least.

so having said that and with the blood loss it's kind surprising they didn't write that he had more issues than he did like i'm really surprised that he didn't/wasn't written as being in a coma but than i forget how much blood they say he lost to be honest. him getting a blood tranfusion when he was shot last season i think did have them a good way around that i suppose. well anyways, Sue Ellen wakes up in an Airport parking lot and she goes back to south fork and runs into Kirsten and she tries to blame Sue Ellen for shooting JR. but than i was thinking about it Sue Ellen may have went seen Kirsten because how in the hell did Kirsten find out about Dusty if JR as far as i know didn't find out who she was sleeping with?

so you have Lucy out as well and Ray goes after her and ends up at his home and his wife tells him where he's at and she knows he's a cheater is what i'm getting at, i was thinking to myself during that scene i don't think she knows he's married cause Lucy normally isn't the type to go after married men that's Kirsten 100 %. anyways,

i was right when Ray found Her and accused her of knowing better which well he's right she didn't know by the look on her face and her going Married? so i was apparently right, anyways, Sue Ellen plays with the baby for a bit and finally gets the nerve to go to the hospital and she tells them where she was and Jock accuses of her being a drunk and told her she needs to go back to the Sanitarium i dunno maybe he's right but than they forget that she still found a way to get booze as well so what is the difference really?

she really only was able to stay off the booze cause she was in the hospital for awhile due to the car accident. anyways, Gary Calls and talks to Miss Ellie and he's gonna come out and as Val points out that it's the 1st big thing that's happened since he got drunk at the end of season 1 of Knots so we know where the timeline is from there. well he's coming home :p anyways, and they find Bobby and Pam as well and they come home as well. and throughout the episode JR is in surgery and Pam finds out from Bobby that Jock blames Cliff and honestly i would have shocked if the hadn't.

as Bobby Pointed out even if Jock never said a word he would still have been a suspect, it's funny the cops asking who would shoot him? i don't think they have enough time nor paper on them to find out the list people who want JR dead cause the list is that long. that's what i think anyways he he.

anyways, JR does wake up at the end and they ask him who did it and he turns to look at Sue Ellen and than it's a To Be Continued ya know this episode was not as good as the previous one so i'd give it a 7/10

2. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +331
    Medals:
    let's see if i can remember this one and the next one cause i'm on episode #4 now Who Done it? i was just to damn tired to post last night, anyways,

well going by the Synopsis which i always read so i can remember anything about the episode lol, i wonder if i'm the only one who does that i sure as hell hope not. anyways,
    JR recovers in the hospital and Sue Ellen Shocking us and prolly herself feels sorry for JR and her feelings about him since he's currently a bit weak and not his usual evil self has been really emotional towards JR even surprising him and also driving him nuts as well. meanwhile she's worrying that she shot him as she had blacked out the night he was shot. Cliff

Meanwhile was questioned for the shooting as well which really surprised no one at all and his gun that he admitted he had they after keeping him all night at the station after testing figured out that it hadn't been fired but they are keeping him a suspect cause he could have hired someone and they are right on that one. Alan Beam is brought back to Dallas for Questioning and him and Kirsten have a true and both actually shockingly agree that they wish they could have both been on the same side and they both kind of regretted it.

he's out of the show now. anyways Lucy Meanwhile gets rid of the professor she was sleeping with and makes somewhat of a scene on campus though i didn't see anyone really pay any attention in the background on anything that was happening? and so she goes out with her girlfriends and gets hammered and meets Mitch who sends her in a cab cause she was hammered. ya know i think that was the 1st time we saw Lucy Drunk cause she wasn't really a drinker in the past. and so she's going after Mitch who really is a decent character but bit of an

ass too and can i think at times treat her like shit too. it's funny how i always forget that Afton a character i love is his sister and she was on the show longer than he was! and than Jock meanwhile talks Bobby into taking over for JR and become President for the time being of Ewing Oil. a job he had to be talked into taking to be honest and his story is fighting people with listening to him instead wanting Jock Or JR. and than having Pam be a house wife for the time being something i hadn't realized she even was! so her getting him to lunch is pretty much her only goal in this episode

anyways, having said all that is all i can remember for now and i'm sure i'll remember more but if i do i'll post it prolly in my next post. my score? i'd say about 9/10

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  3. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +331
    Medals:
    i watched "Nightmare' before bed last night actually so again my memory may be wrong he he and Jr continues his recovering with therapy and than what else trying to run Ewing oil and undermine Bobby who meanwhile is having difficult trying well still trying to do the best job he can at Ewing Oil and than standing up to Jock who he tells he wants full control and how he doesn't want to go back and forth talking it over with him and how he felt like he was being undermined is that the word i'm looking for?

well when Jock agreed with JR he was right i think 100%! anyways, meanwhile Sue was in the background listening in and no doubt wanting to tell JR who else? plus than you have JR come home and when they are getting his stuff ready Jock finds Jr's gun that nobody really who watches the show even knew he even had a gun! i know i forgot about it and that apparently was the weapon that he was shot with, justice ain't it? anyways, Pam runs into Liz from The Shop her old Boss and i'm sorry i think everyone on this site will agree that is one of the stupidest names for a store and also one of the laziest things the writers could come up for a fictional name!

anyways Pam apologizes for taking her job and apparently Liz is sleeping with The boss and knows the truth now. and Lucy goes on a date with Mitch and he cuts it short cause he has to work and that's about all that happens in her story arc in the episode. Bobby Confronts JR about letting him do his job and of course JR lies to him and tells him we are brothers i'm not doing shit cause of that course we all know better of course. Sue Ellen meanwhile is having what looks like so far is Kirsten trying to maybe make her look guilty/blame her ? i'm too tired to remember their conversations to be honest, anyways, so and Sue Ellen has been having nightmares hence the title that she tried to kill JR. even Miss Ellie is concerned about that and she tells Dr. Creepy too. who i forgot has that really awful haircut lol. anyways my score i dunno i want to say it's a 9/10 as well i normally go with how i feel about when i'm typing in case anyone is wondering

4. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +331
    Medals:
    well i watched "Who Done It' last night but i was just to damn tired to post a opinion of it, well it starts out with Sue Ellen wearing one of the Ugliest Dresses she's ever worn in the history of the show but i doubt it's the ugliest to be fair, what is she a chess piece? and no one will pay her Bail at all and Bobby wants to Help but the Jock and the family refuse to let him help her, but he at least is able to give her a lawyer that Bobby sends for her. so Cliff goes to her after eating lunch one day and seeing her picture in the paper and seeing she got arrested for murder, well he knows she's not guilty as we do by now of course. meanwhile it's pretty much a Sue Ellen episode where she's able to see her son once she gets her bail posted but so far we don't know who posted it at all and neither does Sue Ellen.

Cliff was trying to get some money together but was unable to, so she goes and stays with Kirsten and again meanwhile she continues to see Dr. Creepy who puts her in a trance to hopefully help her out. Lucy Meanwhile buys a set of books for Mitch to help the guy out and he refuses to accept them, here's the thing with this idiot i can respect someone who wants to work for it and earn it themselves but if your girlfriend buys you a set of books and she wants you to have good books for them to last just :censer: accept them for god's sake any normal person would.

sorry i forgot how much this guy really annoys the hell out of me on certain things, it doesn't occur to him at all like it would a normal person that if she buys him a pair a books that he does need that's therefore money he doesn't need to spend and he can save his money on bills and Tutation sorry for the bad spelling but you know what i mean i'm sure. there is a difference in earning your degree on your own and working your ass off to do so than doing it the easy way ya know? paying to go to college is expensive as hell and she wasn't offering to pay his bills. women buy their boyfriends stuff all the time and it's not every day either and they also get their husbands or wives if that's your preference but than what do we know ya know? by we i mean us all on this site. anyways,

SPOILERS for those who don't know what happens yet do not read....

sorry i got off topic a bit, anyways i'm sure i will remember more but Sue Ellen figured out and i'm most impressed that she figured it out actually ya know? turns out no surprise that she did go to Kirsten's and her story to Sue Ellen was true when went there saying she wanted to Kill JR and she did have the gun out like Kirsten Said and she gave Sue Ellen a drink even seeing how drunk she was.

well she took the gun when Sue Ellen handed down the gun and well went to shoot him. and than she planted the gun so Sue Ellen could be blamed. honestly it's a good episode but it's not a solid 10 it's i think a solid 9/10

5. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +331
    Medals:
    well i watched Taste of Success a couple days later but i still watched it never the less. anyways, Sue Ellen is now i think in denial that JR has changed cause he was shot, but here is the thing she's living a a dream world as soon as he gets back Ewing Oil he's gonna be cheating on her again. but it was the 1st episode that she slept with since shit Season 2 i think yeah it's been that long. Bobby spend pretty much the entire episode trying to buy an Oil Refinery to Impress Jock with and he was you could tell once he found out and JR blocked his way as much as he could for not having him get the extra cash he needed.

he even went to the cartel and those boys told him to pass off and than went behind his back and made an offer themselves. so nearly giving up Bobby went to a different bank and got his loan and and a Refinery and with pissed off JR in tow cause that's one thing he never was able to do and Bobby was! :) anyways, than you have Lucy who tries to make dinner for Mitch but fails and i give her the props for trying though. well at some point you could tell she was bored and she did get his attention at some point since they slept together.

i dunno if it's the 1st time but i really don't care to be honest. than you have a side Story with Cliff having Dinner with Donna and who knows where that may lead just yet. she's a smart woman i think. anyways, well Pamela Met with Liz from well The Store which is still a stupid name for a store and she wants back to work, well i personally find it funny as hell that and it's funny that Bobby nor Pamela has said it yet on how Bobby didn't like her working long hrs and than when he does she gets mad. i have nothing against either of them working i just find it funny as hell that's all. than you have Miss Ellie pretty much Force Jock to keep Bobby President of Ewing Oil. honestly i think he should move out of south fork because at his age he should have his own place with Pamela but than what do i know? oh and the start of it had Kirsten being sent to California and JR's not pressing Charges since she said she was preggers with his kid. anyways, Sue Ellen did have a point though when she was venting to him about Kirsten he believed right away that Kirsten's kid was his but when it was his own with his own wife no it couldn't have been his. i just find it funny as hell that's all anyways i dunno what else to say so i will give this one a solid 10/10