Rewatching Season Three (dvd)

Discussion in 'Dallas Season Reviews' started by darkshadows38, Jul 4, 2019.

1. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +331
    Medals:
    well i watched Divorce-Ewing Style Episode #50 and already if you can believe it late last night before bed but i was to tired to post this last night and on Dallas Burnout cause i watched like 2 or 3 in a row. anyways so if i miss stuff that's why, 1stly Alan Beam wants to get back at JR and i was right and tries to get Kirsten to Help but as Cliff said to Sue Ellen in season 2 he just hasn't hurt her enough yet which we know he will since well the season 3 cliff-hanger... so she pretty much turns him down and it's funny i think how this time it's actually not JR it was Lucy he believes and he's actually wrong this time around that JR had something to do with Lucy Changing her mind and honestly he didn't not this time around she was only with him to spite him to begin with.

you could tell by scenes she was in last episode that i did forget to say one more thing Charlene was actually pretty good in it i gotta give her credit that's the 2nd time thus far that i can say that and it's nice to be able to say that i think. anyways back to the episode so it wasn't JR this time around. honestly now that JR is done wit him he really doesn't even need to still be around but we all know he's still here for a bit longer than he really needs to be so when JR is shot you can wonder if he's one of them that shot him? that's really the only reason i think the writers kept him around longer than he needed to be. anyways, so JR finds out that Sue Ellen hired a PI and it's funny really funny how he puts them on not only her but others as well all the time yet he is outraged that someone put one on him. i think that's fair if you ask me but as Sue Ellen said to Dr. Creepy she made the mistake at the end of last episode by revealing her plans to early.

so in this episode he's got Kirsten and everyone believing she's drinking again but so far she actually isn't. i get that he wants his son around but honestly i think he should let her have him they could always have joint custody but wait that would make uh sense! now i've never been married so i can just say this pretty easily in case anyone is wondering but i'm also not talking about how difficult that is in real life just on tv folks. i never did understand why everyone had to live under the same roof i never understood that long after they were married even. but even the cast says the same thing which does make me laugh to be honest, any normal person would not want to spend his entire life including his marriage living at home with his entire family not just his or her folks. but than what do i know? anyways, having said that JR spends pretty much the entire episode trying to discredit Sue Ellen and by the end of sadly succeds, hell he even paid off the PI into changing his report! now my question simply is this why in the hell would she be stupid enough to keep the report in her bedroom?

it was different with Julie she had her own place but JR's bedroom you'd think that he would know that room pretty damn well you would think and i end up being right cause he does end up switching the files. than you Sue Ellen who is just so stupid for not leaving them some place safe at Dusty's that's what i would have done if it was me. but that what do i know ya know? i prolly did forget stuff but that's all i remember right now on to the next one

2. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +331
    Medals:
    well i just watching Jock's Trial parts 1 and 2 so bear with me on my memory for part one but this site wasn't working for me for awhile.

in part 1 anyways Cliff gets handed the case of the dead man that they found on south fork earlier in the season and he's told that he can prosecute maybe a Ewing and that he does after he gets the evidence together and is able to get evidence he has Jock Arrested and honestly i can't say i blame him either cause regardless of his hatred for the family any good lawyer or even a bad one would do the same i think. as for Digger well he comes back home from working and that trip well working and his drinking finally did him in i think. he passed out at home well cliff's place anyways and is taken to the hospital and Aunt Maggie comes back after not being on the show for quite awhile. Pam pretty much spends the entire episode at the hospital. and than you have Sue Ellen we find out that Dusty got into an airplane accident and is maybe perhaps dead. so stupid her she starts drinking and i get what she's feeling but she really didn't need to do that if she wanted to divorce JR.

but like Dr. Creepy Said to her she's relying on someone else's strengnth instead of her own. sorry for my bad spelling. that about sums it up other than Lucy having a date with her College Professor and than lying about who he is. she really got over Alan Beam pretty quick didn't she? not that she was in love with him anyways. but than she also didn't have to sleep with him either but what are ya gonna do? anyways, that about i think sums it up i think? my score 10/10

3. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +331
    Medals:
    than you have Jock's Trial part 2 which is even better episode and the trail starts and it's good evidence on if Jock was the killer or not, the thing i thought was just plain wrong on all levels and also VERY illegal was Scotty Demerest in i think his 1st appearance on the show. sorry for my bad spelling if i spelled his name wrong? he says get to know who the juror's are get to know them. that's not legal at all any good or bad lawyer knows that and he said i do thing's legaly uh that's not legal at all it isn't today and i really doubt that was legal in (1980) either the point of Court is so you don't know who is going to be there and that's why they keep the juror's away from tv's and internet and so forth so they won't be swayed by anyone but well know that does sadly happen at times in real life.

that's also not legal either as we all now. i'm no lawyer at all but even i know this, anyways Cliff has one of those mock up statue of sorts made up and they act like it's disgusting and unethical it is a bit creepy i will give you that, but it's used quite a bit in court to today to show what the victim used to look like if they don't have the head for example or if they find the body and don't know who it is. they use that in court all the time, i would not be surprised if it was done all the time in court even back than as well. so i dunno why the judge acted like it's never been done before cause no doubt it has.

anyways, having that all said and done, Digger is now dying even more so than in part 1 and Cliff instead of being there for his father is putting all his hatred towards the Ewing's plus he's taken off the case and is forced to sit Chair i think is the term? he don't like it but he has no choice. anyways, Matt Devilin a guy that Miss Ellie was fighting with in the pats few episodes a story arc i always kept forgetting to add she was trying to stop a park being torn down to build apartments and i'm on Ellie's side here why tear down a really nice little park that's been there for years just to build apartments for people who can afford to live elsewhere, i like what she said what are they gonna look at Cement? she was right of course,

anyways, Jr even Testifies against his dad and in part one or was it part 2 i forget he admits that everything he does is for his father, we all know this but it's nice that he admits it ya know? anyways him and Bobby are on the same side in this one in wanting to kick Cliff's ass lol. i again can't say that i blame him, Jock admits he found out he was steeling some Steer and he found out and whooped his ass than later on whopped his ass again.

digger lay dying with really i think an emmy worthy job by Keenan Wynn i think dies but not before saying i can't let Jock go to Jail and he goes do i still love Ellie? he goes yeah i do,

and Miss Ellie is there as well. and he admits he's the one who killed Hutch McKinney who was sleeping with Pam and Cliff's mom. though he was drunk he did do it, he also finally accepted Jock and Ellie's Marriage as well. and he drops a bombshell Pamela isn't his daughter, now my question simply his shouldn't he have said this earlier in the season ? i mean she would have had a kid by now and it would have saved her and Bobby a lot of grief but than what do i know ya know? at the end Jock is simply amazed that Digger saved his life and forgives him i think while JR i think just can't bring himself to do it. my score? 10/10 honestly this could easily have been the season finale as it really felt like it to me, or am i the only one who feels like this i wonder?

4. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +331
    Medals:
    i watched The Wheeler Dealer last night so bear with me in case i forget stuff as that was 24 hrs ago. looking up in case i have stuff that happened in different episodes mixed up than i'm deeply sorry about that, in case i haven't heard what i do remember after reading the synopsis on IMDB he he. well at the end of the Last episode we of course Learn that Pam isn't Digger's daughter that's been said and done well by this episode she starts to look for her mother to see even if she's still alive! we all know that she is of course but she just hasn't found her yet obviously and he's advised by the doctor to let her mourn and not to rush her etc... in short don't force her to do things etc... anyone any doctor or really anyone would say even if they aren't a doctor i think. so she and Cliff go over to Digger's and go through his stuff and they don't find anything pertaining to their mother but what they do find though Cliff doesn't say anything until he gets it checked out is that Digger owns part of the same area or whatever you want to call it that Bobby had recently opened up called Ewing 23.

and honestly i think he should get a fair share of profits if the contract was 100% legal. it's only fair ya know? too bad they didn't do this while digger was well alive of course. anyways.

than Jock and everyone else but JR go to Colorado to see Amanda and it's really a sad site to see to be honest, she is so far gone that she doesn't even recognize Jock regardless how many years it's been she's that far gone sadly. and Miss Ellie now fully understand's why Jock divorced her and left her and it wasn't just cause she was ill, he mind is stuck in the past and so on and than she sees Bobby and Lights up really going back to what Garrison said in season 2 where he said Bobby looks like Jock used to.

which pretty much means that out of all their kids Gary's blond hair he gets that from Miss Ellie, Bobby's helmut hair and his features and so forth he gets from jock. i really don't know where JR gets his looks from lol. anyways, so Bobby not wanting to really make her messed up even further plays along and says he's Jock. what has always baffled me about this episode and this scene is that they never say one word about Bobby having to do that or how far gone she is either.

she's i don't think ever mentioned again i don't think. if i'm right in this being also the episode where Matt Devilin says he's fallen in love With Ellie and the poor guy thinks she's fallen for him too shit i've been there far too many times myself. anyways she goes back to Jock and explains to him further and i may have this confused from an earlier episode so my apologies on that anyways she explains to Jock yeah i do think it was from Jock's Trial part 2 but since i did forget to add it on that i'll add it on here with her explaining how she really felt when she couldn't before on wanting to feel attractive and so forth and she used Matt Devlin for that but i don't think she realized it until it was too late.

having said all that, to make this a bit shorter JR finds out that Aisa Deals fast the people are rebellion and so he sells them all well he keeps 25 % but sells the rest to everyone in the cartel and than even Vaughn Leland buys some to and they area all pissed at him on who much money they lose and even Seth Stone kills himself because of it and i honestly forgot about that. sorry for my bad spelling too, anyways meanwhile Kirsten is gets pissed at JR because he tries to get her to sleep with his friends for info and that's not what she signed up for she wanted to marry him and she is pissed and with good reason may i add than you have Sue Ellen stars drinking again and now she's starting to black out and Bobby and Ray have to save her from a bunch of guys in a bar she was drinking in and i think that's it, my score 10/10

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  5. darkshadows38

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +331
    Medals:
    well the end of season 3 is here i just got done watching A House Divided and it's i think the BEST episode they EASILY EASILY ever did in the history of the show.

at least i think so and i really doubt anyone here will disagree with me on this, well Vaughn Leland promises to get him back and i think this is the one or was it the last one we find about Seth Stone? i forget i watched part of the episode last night before bed and the rest tonight so if i get episodes mixed up that's why.

well Cliff goes to JR and Bobby and says here's contract and it's 100% legal and Bobby congrats him and leaves and than JR promptly gets them to shut it down which is just plain so wrong i think. anyways so than JR tells Bobby gets pissed and Jock is there and like Bobby Said and i agree with him he deserves his share it was a legit contract that both Jock and Digger signed. anyways, so he leaves the both of them after Jock agreed with JR and both them those two were 100% wrong the Ewings honestly would not be hurt if Cliff made some money off them and hell it may have helped stop the feud once and for all too. but than that would have made sense right? anyways on the front of Alan Beam and Kirsten they pair up to get back at JR, Alan Beam has her call up Hank that dude that works for JR and wants all the info sent to her place, Hank got pissed about that and calls JR like anyone would i think and than JR has him Destroy EVERYTHING!

so i'm sure he does but it just doesn't show it but do they really need to uh no they don't. anyways, that useless prick of a cop i forget his name who is in the Ewing's pocket on how corrupt of a cop he is where he takes orders from them goes to Kirsten's Apartment and threatens the both of them JR was with him by the way, saying she was a hooker and Alan Beam raped someone to get them to leave Dallas. well we all know they don't after all it is a finale, and though Kirsten really only has very episodes left anyways we know she doesn't leave Dallas. well Bobby i did forget to mention after talking to Jock and JR about JR Closing Ewing 23 and not telling him at all and not letting Cliff in at all is rightfully so pissed about it.

so he goes to Pamela and says we are getting the hell out of this house and i just can't stand living here with JR anymore. so he goes we are leaving 2 morrow but my question is why the next morning why not that night? and so he tells Miss Ellie about it and she of course gets upset but as i was watching this episode i was thinking really why do you want him home? he's 30 years old and married, why can't he live anywhere else? anyways so Sue Ellen does at some point in the episode at the very start of it in fact talks with Bobby and he says he'll help her anyway he can and she does admit that yes she was actually sober when they last spoke but something happened and she didn't say what and she just couldn't stay sober but she's gonna try. well she wasn't drunk in this episode which was nice to see lol anyways, and she grabs a gun from her and JR's bedroom and puts it in her purse we find out as she's looking at it at Dr. Creepy's. well know how the episode ends but my question is i think it's too fool the audience that right before he gets shot he says Lucy?

now why in the hell would Lucy even be at the Ewing Oil offices anyways ? to see him uh no i really doubt that as she can't stand him. but if she had been the one shot him that would therefore made sense. oh well this one gets a 10/10 from me onto season 4 now