Riverdale Riverdale

Discussion in 'Comics Central' started by Jason73, Feb 5, 2017.

1. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,416
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,416
  3. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I adore Kiernan Shipka! She's wonderfully campy and her screen presence is pretty impressive. She was also great in those "Flowers in the Attic" movies on Lifetime and really bratty as Susan Sarandon's daughter on FX's Feud. She's going to be amazing in this part.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,416
    I completely agree Kiernan Shipka will be a great addition to the expanding Archie-verse
    As Sabrina, she has a way of captivating the audience, even on MAD MEN,

Its been years since I've been excited over a tv show but Riverdale is gloriously addictive
    And with Kiernan Shipka as Sabrina I can see myself getting hooked on the CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Edie70

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +279
    This new trailer is my obsession. I'm still saving episodes #2.08 and #2.09 for the next week though. So little time, so much to do ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,439
    Count me in as a Shipka fan, too! She does sulky in such a lovely way. :)

I've only seen her in Mad Men and Feud and those two roles did have a string of similarities - long-suffering rebel daughter of an insufferably domineering mother - so, I'll be happy to see her in Sabrina.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,416
    Cant wait for season 2B to start!

Things are hotting up, at simepoint Veronica is going to have to choose between Archie and her father, Betty and Jughead will have a lot to struggle with in the future too, and as for Chic, I wonder if he's really the Black Hood Killer? I don't think we're done with that story yet, far from it!

Going back to Chic, what if his dad is FP Jones? It seems to be heading that way, Alice after all was a Serpent in her younger days, if so then that would make the idea of Bughead weird, as they would share a half-sibling! Kinda almost making them step-siblings

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,416
    Okay, so I've just watched the latest episode!

It was brilliant! A great way to kick off the second half of the season.

I wont spoil.anything, but going by the behaviour patterns of Veronica and Jughead, I'm going to leave this here

#bettyarchieseason3

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,439
    Holy crap! I think I need a cold shower after watching the second new episode. Can you tell I loved the wrestling theme? Also, the relationship between Archie and Mr. Lodge simmering to a boil was very satisfying to watch. Especially when he kissed Veronica in front of him. Hehehe...

I see a lot of people bitching in the comments section under the next week's promo, something about Dark Betty making light of mental illness and the writers being all over the place this season. I vehemently disagree. I'm having as much fun with Riverdale as last year, if not more.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,416
    I'm a straight dude, but I'd go 100%, full on gay for Archie! Not gunna lie.

I loved episode 11 too, its showing that RIVERDALE has staying power, I don't think the show is making light of mental health issues at all, in fact Betty is acknowledging that she has a problem, for me that's progressive.

I don't think Bughead will last, Jughead seems more concerned with Serpent issues and inevitably Archie will be the one to save Betty from Chic or the real Black hood killer (maybe they're one and the same)

Cheryl is awesome and she's showing such growth, I like how she stood with the serpents, at the festival for their protest, I feel I can connect with her more than with Veronica, who I feel is a bit Mary Sue-ish at times.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,031
    When did Kevin get so buff?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Edie70

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +279
    The guys on this show are ... well ... just wow. :embarrassed::ss7:

13. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,416
    So the ending to episode 12 was.....er....a little bloody wouldn't you say??? O_O

Also no Cheryl?!?! I needed her snarkiness, I think the FBI Agent is secretly working for Harim Lodge to test Archie, there something about him that doesn't ring true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Edie70

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +279
    You're right. So Hiram suddenly approves of Archie because of his new interest in wrestling and roughing up Nick St. Clare? Yeah, right. He's testing him. At least I think so. Hiram is probably going to get killed off in the season finale. He should take his boring wife with him, they turned her into a cold and bitchy idiot ever since the show came back for the second season. Yikes.

And we need more Cheryl and Kevin, please. They're getting tossed aside by the writers to make room for much less interesting characters like Veronica and Jughead (please, kill him off, writers) and The Serpents (their constant problems are getting on my last nerves).

• Like Like x 1
  15. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,416
    I have to say episode 12 was a little underwhelming compares to the roller coasters of episodes 10 & 11.

I have to say I'm struggling to feel any kind of.....well anything with Jughead and Veronica, between Jughead's tiresome crusade for the serpents and Veronica's wannabe Sopranos crime family I'm kinda bored with them, and I hate that Archie and Betty have seemingly given way too much of themselves, its like they're doing all the legwork while Veronica and Jughead lap up the unwarranted attention bestowed upon them.

Archie cares for all his friends and family hence why he along with Betty risked their lives and reputations to get to the bottom of the black hood killer mystery, somehow I don't think Veronica and Jughead would do the same, Jughead basically put off personally thanking Betty for his Xmas present despite the fact she faced death 24 hours earlier, Archie helped Betty all the way.

I think if Jughead and Veronica were written out and replaced with the more three dimensional Cheryl and Kevin (possibly bumping Reggie into a main player so Archie can have a bro) I think Riverdale could carry on as normal, just replace the Lodges with an expanded Blossom clan and there you go, a ready made (and frankly more gothic and entertaining) dysfunctional rich family.

@Edie70 I totally know what you mean with Veronica's mother, she's so bland now, Alice Cooper is my new favourite Riverdale mum,
    Veronica is too perfect and too Mary Sue-ish for my liking.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Edie70

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +279
    You are absolutely right about Veronica @StrangerDynastyTreeNat89!! She's been getting on my nerves a lot lately. What the hell happened to her character and personality? These writers work in truly mysterious ways and they have no idea what to do with certain characters, so they just keep them around and write bullshit dialogues for them which don't even make sense most of the time. Very strange. But it's still a great guilty pleasure of mine and I'm always looking forward to watching a new episode. :popcorn:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,416
    @Edie70 Riverdale is my favourite tv show atm, hands down Tha best teen drama since ONE TREE HILL, I just want more Cheryl scenes and less Jughead on a crusade and Veronica being saccharinely sweet.

I read an interesting article earlier, a fan theory regarding; Fred, FP, Alice and Hermione:

https://www.glamour.com/story/riverdale-fan-theory-about-the-core-four

It does hit on a lot of points, does this mean Mary is the older generations equivalent to Cheryl? And speaking of Mary I think she's related to the Blossom clan???

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Edie70

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Thanks for the article, this theory definitely seems more than logical.

By the way, I am just dying to see the next episode, that promo looks deliciously twisty and sinister!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,416
    Last nights episode, so much better than episode 12.

Cheryl is still awesome, she is showing heart and sympathy, I like how she was being kind to Betty, not for personal gain but because she knows her mother is in the wrong, and I would like for Cheryl to bond with Alice, after all they're kinda cousins by marriage and it would be a reversal of fortune as Polly stayed with the Blossoms last season.

The Agent Adams thing, why do I get the feeling that he wasn't working for Hiram after all? What if that was a cover story Hermione told Archie and the Lodges had him bumped off?

Alice/FP have way more chemistry than their children do! I hope they become an item, I've noticed how Archie and Betty have barley shared a scene since the midseason finale, I wonder is this is a deliberate ploy on the writers part?

Betty can become the star as far as I'm concerned, there is something extremely heroic about her, she's not a spiteful victim like Kelly Taylor from 90210 nor is she as pretentious as Peyton from ONE TREE HILL, she genuinely wants to do the right thing, if I were Archie or any other guy from Riverdale I would be proud to show Betty off as my girlfriend!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,416
    Four more days folks!! The latter part of season 2 looks interesting, I've heard rumours of a Jughead/Veronica "thing"!?!?!? That would very unexpected as I don't think they would suit each other.

I hope we see more Reggie, I feel like there hasn't been enough development with him, I'd like for him and Jughead to develop some frenemy relationship between the two, while both of the bros to Archie.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1