Ruby Wax interviewed, ends with unexpected very tense moment

Discussion in 'TV Central' started by Willie Oleson, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,403
    Medals:

I even considered the idea that it was staged, it seemed so bizarre.
    Obviously he was very nervous and there's nothing strange about that, but combined with that dark poem I wondered what was going to happen, and I'm sure they felt that way too - although they didn't show it.
    But I have a tendency to absorb tension like a sponge and I honestly don't think I could have handled the situation.

Other College Tour guests: Robbie Williams, Richard Gere, Woopi Goldberg, Sting, Susan Sarandon but I haven't watched these (yet).
    I've spent the whole evening watching vintage tv programmes, talk shows, commercials and all kinds of footage from the 70s and 80s, it's so addictive to watch people from that era - how they talked, what they thought and of course how they looked.
    In those days we didn't really have the option to do our own research or to give feedback, all the information (mostly TV and newspapers) was a one-way process.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mel O'Drama

Mel O'Drama Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +7,958
    Medals:
    Yes. She managed it well and with great empathy. Difficult to do in a public situation.

I want to know what happened after the show. Hopefully she kept her word and had a private chat with Victor.

• Agree Agree x 1