nuDynasty Episode Chat S01E01: I Hardly Recognized You

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by Snarky's Ghost, Oct 12, 2017.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,822
    Medals:
    I actually like Grant. I think me and @Alexis actually suggested him when this reboot was announced. He's doing a fair job so far.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,258
    Patriarch or, you know, Don. In the first season of DYNASTY, the atmosphere of the mansion, the dynamics, the obvious references (about Andrew Laird) and even the pilot opening with a wedding were heavily alluding to "The Godfather." Further episodes (having thugs beating up Michael) kept reminding us, but as soon as Alexis came that vanished into thin air. I think now it is a far distant memory even among those of us who loved the first season. All of which is to say, another Forsythe-like patriarch was not needed.

3. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,593
    Medals:
    Finally watched this at a friend's house earlier this week. It was surprisingly easy to follow since I am familiar with the original show and characters. Or maybe it's lurking around this board frequently that's already made me recognize some of the characters.

So my thoughts are, well Grant Shaw has grown old. He is no longer the hunk he was on Melrose Place in the 1990s. :(

Steven and Sammy Jo was eye candy.

Fallon is the star of the show. But her red lipstick is way too bright.

I was surprised that they killed off Matthew Blaisdel already in the first episode. I didn't see that coming.

P.S. This is the second time I tried to watch this. The first time I turned it off after like 2 minutes since I couldn't stand the voice over in the very beginning that just went on my nerves! :lol:

4. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +348
    Yeah, sure... To everything you say :D

5. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,478
    Medals:
    This article appeared in Entertainment Weekly around the time of the premiere. It has a few interesting nuggets from show-runner Sallie Patrick, including the suggestion that our hero Bo was named after Bo Hopkins; that Sallie is originally from Atlanta; and a few side-by-side photos showed how the show tried to copy some memorable elements of the original series.

https://ew.com/tv/2017/10/11/dynasty-premiere-blog-sallie-patrick/

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 1)