nuDynasty Episode Chat S01e02: Spit It Out

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by JROG, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,153
    He followed her home. And she's not spraying to distract him, she's spraying it because she think's he's an intruder, which he is. He even says it works better if you use a lighter. In the cut away we see she was already prepared and had a lighter. It's definitely her apartment, we see it in episode one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,162
    Okay, now that i rewatched it again, it is how you say. That's Cristals house where Aynders shows up. My bad. :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,153
    This is sometimes why I hate quick cutting. Especially in soap opera. It doesn't work for the genre which doesn't normally have a lot of action. The quick cutting when actors are just talking is the worst, it makes me feel sick. But it can also alter your sense of space/scene.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,162
    I might just go back to originalDynastyS2 again - there at least i understand what's going on :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +201
    I'm not sure I understand Monique. Jeff went to college on a scholarship which leads me to believe he came from humble origins. Jeff worked at Carrington-Atlantic but left after he made a fortune from a software program he created which led to a falling out with Blake. I assume Blake thought the software was his intellectual property because Jeff was on his payroll at the time. This would make Jeff the self-made man and Blake an heir to a fortune - a reversal of Blake and Cecil's social positions in the original series.

Getting back to Monique: if her brother is a self-made billionaire and she was raised by middle or lower income parents how does she support herself? Her clothes don't look like they come from Kohl's. Does she sponge off of Jeff? How did she and Fallon become friends? Wouldn't she and Fallon travel in different social circles?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,153
    Maybe she runs Titania Records and they just haven't built her an office set yet?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,153
    I keep liking things they are doing. I keep being surprised that I like what they are doing. I don't know what's going on! That opening credit sequence with the theme made me smile a big silly grin.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,416
    I have to say I do find nuDynasty surreal, its strange seeing a Monica/Dominique hybrid being around at the same time as Matthew Blaisdel.

I wonder if Adam and Amanda will show up with Alexis in season 2, Alexis left Denver with Adam whilst pregnant with Amanda perhaps? Its an open road atm and I'm actually enjoying it and what's to come, its clear that this Fallon won't be watered down any time soon.

As for Jeff's background, I think Jeff is a self made but was also born into wealth, kinda like how I think Blake was in original series, a self made man born into wealth, maybe Jeff doesn't get on with his family (except for Monique) after all we haven't met the other Colby's yet and I'm sure they'll show up eventually.

As for Claudia, I like her, Brianna Brown is doing a good job at upholding the part very well, Pamela Bellwood would be pleased, I hope they keep her around, and I know how they could do this :D Sam & Steven want a baby in a couple of seasons and by this time they become friends with Claudia who agrees to become a surrogate for them, in the meantime Claudia and Adam have fallen for each other and Adam wants to raise the babies with Claudia (yes they're twins named Lindsey and Daniel and at least Lindsey will have an excuse to cry alot this time :p) and that way we could still have custody battle that would compositions of the 1983 Blake vs Steven case and the 1988 Adam/Dana vs The Atkinsons case.

Sorry folks I'm getting carried away......lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,011
    From a toilet place to the Perry Mansion, now that's what I call an upgrade.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Soapwriter12

Soapwriter12 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Jef was a scholarship kid, he didn't come from a wealthy family, he brought his waelth to his family.

11. JROG

JROG Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    The entire first season is now available on US Netflix.

I ... enjoyed episode 2 well enough. A few thoughts...

The Matthew flashbacks create a problem: They convince us Cristal really loved Matthew but we don't get that sense for her and Blake at all.

Grant Show and Nathalie Kelley are not always rising up to the material given to them. You can really see it, for example, when they argued with Willy at the wake. The other actor moped the floor with them. If they don't improve, that's going to be a deadly problem.

I'm liking Gillies as Fallon, even if they need to tone her down. By a lot. Her "what's up your ass" and Sammy Jo walking in was funny though. The grave pushing was also great. I did not know/remember it was gonna happen, so that really worked for me.

Jeff and Monica need a lot of fleshing out.

I also like that Steven's rigidness is on purpose, and it seems the show will be working towards bringing him out of that. The actors have good chemistry.

I'm having fun with Joseph messing with Cristal psychologically.

I did not see Steven's arrest coming. That was a nice ending.