nuDynasty Episode Chat S01e03: Guilt Is For Insecure People

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by JROG, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Gatsbyesque

Gatsbyesque Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +360
    Wait a minute. How many houses/sets have they used, now? I need some side-by-side comparisons.

2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,941
    Blake: "They took the watches from my drawer?"

Before he mentioned Matthew's phone, I thought he was being very concerned about his precious watch collection, and I really liked the idea that this super-rich man had a "little obsession" that had nothing to do with the story.
    It's not-so-important quirks and traits that can make a character pop, as it were.

There should be a Clock Room, with hundreds of beautiful clocks...tick-tock, tick-tock....bim-bam, bim-bam...cu-ckoo, cu-ckoo....
    Alexis: "I've always hated that room!"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,065
    Two I think. The Tyler Perry house in the pilot and then they switched from episode two onwards to a much nicer house that doesn't look like a Vegas hotel. They also have a Carrington stables place, but I think they just use an establishing shot for that after the pilot.

4. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +199
    They went from this abomination:
    CW Mansion 1.jpg
    to this lovely Palladian style house:
    CW Mansion 2.png
    here's the back of the Palladian house:
    CW Mansion 2 back.png
    I believe the pilot was filmed inside the first house and the sets were built to be similar to that house with a few changes (the front doors are solid wood instead of glass and the staircase balustrade is now wood instead of wrought iron). The oval windows in Blake's library are a reference to the original house as is the large bow window in the living room/reception hall (not sure what they are really calling it), as you can see, house #2 has french doors at the back - not a bow window.

It appears yet another location was used for filming Blake and Cristal's wedding, the brick is a muted red (as opposed to the tan of house #1 or the custard color of house #2): Cristal wedding.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. xab

xab Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Yes. But this is season 1 episode 3. We had 5 seasons to live for... Even if I liked season 6. I even enjoyed the Moldavia and Rita nonsense (but I was a teenager :rolleyes:) it was just very badly handled and it was dragged out for centuries...
    Honestly, I don't "trash" it for the sake of trashing it. I don't expect anything but quality... Whatever the series may be: "Nu-Dynasty" or "John Doe adventures" or "Super Schmuck trip to camp land". It's not the point... But I recently watched "Feud" (the Davis-Crawford rivalry story) or "Westworld", a genuine piece of mastermind... And I was amazed... THIS is what I call WRITING. Why on Earth shouldn't a soap deserve a good writing, clever, brilliant, if not genius? GOOD and NEW storylines, built up with talent and respect for the audience. I'm not dumb. And you're not. So, can't we have a soap which target is beyond bitchy lines and clichés and lazy plots seen a zillion millions times in soapland? Don't you think we deserve a better stuff in 2017? Aren't we more than brains soften like french (but delicious) cheeses to welcome commercials like zombies?

I guess you all remember what Aaron Spelling said about the Moldavia file (the filming of the aftermath was obviously cheap) : Dynasty was number 2 or 3 or 4 (Honestly I can't remember) the audience was hooked, so why bother to put more money and give the audience more quality? And season 7 and 8 happened...

I don't expect "NuDynasty" to be "Dynasty", I just expect it to be good. I hardly watched the first 3 or 4 episodes of "Revenge" and... well ... the taste of déjà vu made me yawn...
    As much as I loathed a lot of things in "TNT Dallas", the Ramos-out-of-the-twilight-zone, the continuity errors, some characters out of characters, Dallas becoming a crime drama, I must acknowledge they tried hard to reach quality and they often did. It was called "Dallas" and I didn't recognize "my" Dallas or "the" Dallas, so I did over criticized it. But If the show had been something else, I would have enjoyed it.

Once again, I don't expect Dynasty reboot to be "the" Dynasty, I just expect quality. Like any movie or any book or... anything.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,941
    Hmmm, I like that abomination. Maybe it's the stairs leading to the main entrance.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pamela_E

Pamela_E administrator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +97
    I wasn't feeling episode 3. Cristal is a bit hit and miss. I didn't like all the flashbacks and the whole 80'S party felt a bit naff.

I can see why the ratings are dropping , it's lacking sone major spark.

8. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,438
    Not exactly ground-breaking though. This story has already been covered on Eastenders, The Bold & The Beautiful and Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,438
    Well said. When they were handing out brains I think I stood in the wrong line but I'm not stupid. When producers/writers wish to treat me like an idiot I'll reach for the remote.

10. Gatsbyesque

Gatsbyesque Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +360
    With the lead character?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,152
    Pretty soon this nuDYNASTY will be as anathema to most DYNASTY fans as DUCK DYNASTY, I am afraid. To the small group that like it, good for you, but don't expect me to poke my eyes out so I can turn blind and please you.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,941
    ^
    Does that mean you won't be watching it anymore?

13. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,152
    For now, no. I will keep up with updates here. Should something change, or Alexis appears, I probably will give it another go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,438
    Oops, I meant to write Coronation Street, not Eastenders.

15. xab

xab Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Our favorite witch wishes you a bitchy Halloween! ;)

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1