nuDynasty Episode Chat S01e08 - The Best Things In Life

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by tommie, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Pamela_E

Pamela_E administrator

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +98
    There isn't a need for Amanda. I'm sure they won't do Rita either :)

Steven has the potential to get boring so having him compete with Adam would be fun.

Could be a girl in the new world, an Adam/Amanda mashup. Admanda

They can have lots of fun with this show - they need to let their hair down and have fun

2. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Steven is probably going to be high a lot in the forseeable future. And hooking up with Ted Dinard. Is Mama Alexis going to save her little boy?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +5,127
    Maybe instead of having Fallon flirt and almost sleep with her brother, Adam, Steven could do it instead.

After all, incest really needs to move into the twenty first century.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,213
    Right, after all it's Adam and Steve, not Adam and Eve.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,282
    I guess they could have an Adam or Amanda. I mean not in the way they did it on the original show with the kidnapping and the secret daughter born just after Alexis' banishment. But this Adam or Amanda would be older than Fallon and Steven and born after Blake and Alexis had a breakup. Say Alexis and Blake had a very volatile relationship. They fought and separated a lot before eventually marrying. Alexis leaves Blake for the 5th time. She goes to Aspen skiing with her girlfriends and there meets a young ski instructor they have a fling and Alexis becomes pregnant. She assumes they baby is the ski instructor's when really it's Blake's. She will never win Blake back being pregnant with another man's child. One of Alexis' girlfriend's has been struggling to have a child and is depressed over yet another failed pregnancy. Alexis sees this as the perfect solution. She will be able to help her friend, ensure the child is looked after in the best possible way and also ensure that she will be Mrs Blake Carrington in a mere 6 or 7 months.

Blake was extremely busy at that time building an empire. Alexis goes into semi hiding with her girlfriend giving some explanation for her long absence but calling Blake incessantly, writing to him and winning his trust again. They fall back in love again during this strange long distance relationship. Alexis has the baby, gives it to her friend, becomes it's "Godmother" and then returns to Atlanta and is lucky enough to become pregnant again with Steven.

Far fetched? Yes... But then so were original Adam and Amanda's stories. And it's stuff like this that separates drama and soap opera. You need that "so ridiculous it must be true" thing.

6. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,213
    Maybe the show needs an injection of youth. I think Alexis should arrive with a 10 year old Amanda, played by Victoria Principal, obviously.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,282
    But is she old enough to convincingly play her?

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Richard Channing

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,213
    Unfortunately Amanda has been diagnosed with a rare condition known as Reclaim® Botanical disease which reverses the signs of aging and makes her look at least 5 years younger.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,282
    And gives off a pungent Melon aroma and compels you to infomercial to everyone you meet. Thinking about it they could just use Amanda's scenes as the add breaks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,282
    I just got around to watching the episode. I have to say the whole thing with Stansfield just felt unnecessary and silly to me. I do feel the show is slowly improving. I just hope it's allowed to go on. Fallon continues to bore me, there's just something so tweeny juvenile about her. She doesn't feel like a sassy savvy woman. And she's so different from what I think of or imagine Fallon to be. Her wardrobe usually makes me want to hurl. That Mean Girls/Clueless look has got to go. She should be more timeless and understated elegant most of the time and then fabulous when she's not working or on down time. Everything is always so busy with her outfits. She looks like a teen playing in her mom's clothes sometimes.

Cristal's backstory is expanded upon but only slightly. We know she had a miscarriage brought on by her sister's violent boyfriend. We don't know who the baby's father was. Iris will be appearing shortly so that will be another house guest that the Carrington's will be hosting and no doubt making feel uncomfortable. Joseph continues to be great, and I like Sam Jo too. I'm not fully prepared for Steven to sulk and do drugs for the rest of the season until Alexis show's up and saves her baby boy. Ok it could be fun if his acting improves.
    People like Monique and Jeff are slowly becoming more interesting and I like that. Michael is just wonderful I think. The actor is great and the character just instantly feels miles more important than Fallon.

It's Fallon and Cristal that feel like the weakest links here, in both acting and writing. Nicollette is going to have a field day as Alexis! She will either annihilate them both or really make them improve. I'm hoping she makes them all improve.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Soapwriter12

Soapwriter12 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +271
    After rewatching the episode jeffis reminding me, more, and more of Adam,he rescues Steven, and seduces Fallon, but with how much he despises blake, what he does only makes sense if he's plotting something to take down the whole family.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,895
    Perhaps we're overthinking the back-story concerning Adam. He could simply be Alexis's son from a previous marriage. This would allow him to be older than Fallon and Steven, and though he grew up with the Carringtons as Blake's stepson, he left with Alexis and therefore doesn't get talked about any more than Alexis does. This would explain Blake's remark about Alexis having given birth to his two children, while allowing Adam to waltz back into the mansion knowing everyone and being able to interact with them as a "Carrington kid".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1