nuDynasty Episode Chat S01E11 - I Answer to No Man

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by tommie, Jan 18, 2018.

1. lbf522

lbf522 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Should be a good episode. Can't wait.

2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,900
    It WAS a good episode. Fast paced. Everyone was on their A game.

The best part, of course, was the latest "Oh, by the way, did I ever tell you about..." major revelation about a character's past (this time Blake's). It's ironic that we were just talking about the plot point in another thread here.

3. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,434
    What was it?

4. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,306
    The thread (with the spoiler in title) has already appeared. I am dreading the day--maybe it will be cancelled before this happens.

5. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,434
    You mean Adam? Although that thread was posted after Daniel Avery had posted his message in this thread.
    Surely these episode discussions don't have to be spoiler-free?

6. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Well, this episode was definitely a lot better than last week's. Once again, Fallon shows virtually no fear in the face of danger. I'm really surprised at her ability to not annoy people to the point of them shooting her to death in spite of her running her mouth. I'll admit though, Diego/Alejandro flashing his switchblade, (or was it a pocket knife?) at Fallon and Fallon screaming really scared me. I thought he might have actually disfigured her. It actually would've been a lot more compelling and interesting if he did attempt to scar her face and what the emotional implications might've been. Especially since Fallon is very vain and she has a high opinion of her looks.

I really thought too that Jeff was also going to be active in rescuing her but he barely did anything. I also love the major fistfight between Michael and Jeff, although I'm not sure why Jeff even offered him a job. Does he not suspect that Michael still harbors a torch for her? I'm glad Michael didn't take the job and I actually cheered when he said that he's going to do whatever it took to expose him if he knew he was hiding something. YEAH!

Anyways, for the large majority of the episode, I felt like I was smashing my head against the brick and I'm pretty sure I yelled, "Oh, come on!" more than once when Blake kept on digging his heels by not wanting to involve the police. But now we know it's all because because of a tragedy Blake and Alexis suffered with the kidnapping of Adam. I wonder if Amanda might be coming next.

I nearly teared up when Sammy Jo told Anders that he's been more of a father to him than Diego ever had been. And I was very surprised at Cristal and Fallon attempting to work together and I was impressed by Cristal knowing how to defend herself. I'm not surprised Fallon didn't because apparently since she was a trust fund baby she never had to work for anything or even lift a finger up until now. Maybe she should invest in self-defense classes. I think this episode really highlights Cristal's love and devotion to Fallon and the lengths she would go to save her. It's pretty touching actually. And I know Fallon might insist on keeping the feud going with Cristal but I'm starting to think that despite of herself she's beginning to develop a modicum of respect for her.

Also I think it's also becoming apparent that the only time Fallon ever really lets her guard down and shows her true self is around Steven. I was a bit surprised to hear that she actually admitted to admiring him for his drive to make his own way. And I was even more surprised when she decided to sort of break away from Jeff professionally and attempt to strike out on her own. I'm not surprised that Jeff was intending to propose to her then and there but appeared to be disappointed when Fallon walked out the door.

Also forgot to add one thing: I was even more surprised when Blake actually admitted that he knows about Michael and Fallon and he's actually not that upset about it! In fact, he actually compliments him on his loyalty towards her. So the question is... does Blake even know that Jeff and Fallon are going out together? It seems like he's under the assumption that Michael and Fallon are still together when they broke up a while ago, mostly because of Fallon's screw-up.

I also like Stansfield's replacement Bobbi Johnson. I look forward to seeing more of her.

Also why did Cristal lie to Chief Johnson about being choked out by Diego right before Iris shot her? I thought that was an odd thing to lie about.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,900
    Since the beginning of this show, I've noticed that although the show airs at 9pm EST on Wednesday nights, discussions of the episode do not really kick into gear until 24 hours or more later. In one case it took two days after an episode aired for the discussion thread to be created. I assume this means most of the forum members are watching the episode on a delay. With so many international members I have no idea when they're watching it. I just happened to have the computer in front of me when the episode ended, and I feared that following the typical spoiler rules might not be fair to the people watching in a delay (even viewers in other American time zones, since I don't know if the west coast gets delayed or not). So I commented without trying to spoil things for those who were waiting to see it. If I had been the kind to spoil/ruin things, it would have been a much longer post, and I do hope to write a longer, reaction post once it appears that the majority of soapchatters have seen the episode. As it is, I was trying to urge people to watch, since it had some major plot developments and was 'setting the table' for future plot developments.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,434
    I don't think it has anything to do with that.

9. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,306
    I don't think anybody expects discussion of the episode to be spoiler-free. I was just commenting on how the "Adam is coming" post with the SPOILERS tag already had the spoiler in the title, which kinda defeats the SPOILERS tag purpose.

10. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,434
    But...since they're doing Dynasty (sorta/kinda) it's not really a spoiler, is it?
    I mean, we also know that Alexis is coming. Everyone's coming!

11. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +121
    This was a good episode! The only bad thing, as usual "My company! My Business!" Fallon has NO COMPANY! All she does is talk about it! Next week she's gambling money from it? Wow. All she and Jeff have is that stupid office. It's the worst storyline of the entire series.

12. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,096
    Oooh, nice tie in. And obvious one but I actually didn't think we'd get Adam at all - but it makes sense from a storyline point of view since Steven and Adam were wildly different.

Just no Amanda.

13. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,434
    There's not going to be an Amanda? What a horrible spoiler!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Soaplover

Soaplover Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Unless Amanda is a child..there is no way Amanda could come the show since Alexis left Blake a decade ago in this show( unlike the original where it was 15 or 20 years ago)

15. Michael Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,306
    They finally ARE? That IS a spoiler.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,441
    I knew Blake would accept Michael, Michael is a dependable loyal chap and Blake sees that.

Active episode finally, I'm kinda warming to the show again, I think both Adam & Amanda can still feature but as older siblings to Steven & Fallon.

17. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +281
    What a fantastic episode! Amazing one. Probably the best one yet. I stood up and applauded when Alejandro slapped Iris. Bitch deserved it, what a fool she is! Oh, dear Lord. Thank God they killed off Alejandro after three episodes. That was more than enough of that Venezuelan plot. I honestly wouldn't be able to handle it for much longer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,900
    I'm ambivalent about how they disposed of Iris, though. Saving Cristal at the very last minute doesn't negate all the rotten things she did in the lead-up to that. Even if I decided to be nice enough to let her NOT go to jail and/or be deported back to VZ, I would not have given her a big pile of money and jewels as lovely parting gifts. She didn't deserve a dime. I have this image in my mind of her showing up in a future cliffhanger to take everyone hostage a la Matthew Blaisdel, complete with a posse of swarthy (but hot)Venezuelan dudes doing her bidding.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +101
    There's one thing that baffles me: why didn't Diego have a whole bunch of Venezuelan mafia henchmen at his disposal? If he supposedly had ties to the Venezuelan government, you would think he have hired a bunch of foot soldiers and enforcers to keep an eye on Fallon & Cristal. No wonder they were able to escape so easily. It should've been a bit harder for the two ladies and someone should have attempted to shoot at Fallon and/or Cristal, successful or not. It wouldn't have been so hard to hire a bunch of extras in need of work, even for one episode.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  20. xab

xab Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Because they hired Nicollette Sheridan. They're broke. No extra money for extras. Say goodbye to the golden hunky waiters...;)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1