nuDynasty Episode Chat S01E11 - I Answer to No Man

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by tommie, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,065
    She obviously went to the Sammy Jo Reece school of 'getting away with murder and get a slap on the back for it'.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,090
    So basically the first 38 minutes of this episode was TRASH. That Dynasty does the A Team shit didn't even fly in the '80s. I hated everything about it up until Sam and Anders had their little exchange by the fireplace and Blake told Krystle about Adam... Those were the only bits of the episode that felt remotely like Dynasty. This show is OVER.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  3. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,090
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,967
    I just want to see the entree of Alexis Matheson.
    Hurry up!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,440
    Daniel as an international soapchater I'm not concerned about spoilers as I would have thought - like me - others would avoid sites, or threads like this. I have yet to view Dynasty 2.0 myself but that doesn't stop me from enjoying reading opinions about it. Spoilers don't bother me anymore. Perhaps it's just me but I don't appear to get as emotionally attached to TV Shows anymore, like I did in the old days with Dallas. I must be getting old.

6. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,090
    The acting in this episode was some of the worst in the season so far. Grant Show channelling Liam Neeson in Taken was cringe worthy. Liz Gillies' Nickelodeon tween girl meets Troop Beverly Hills mashup made me feel sick, it made me wince and squirm. It made my balls fall off.
    The tone that they are now firmly going for is some kind of brain dead turd that the likes of Dirty Sexy Money shat out in it's second season. Honestly the first 38 minutes of the episode were AWFUL. That little comedy montage when Fallon is telling her kidnappers that all her family and friends would be looking for her. What the actual f**k was that?
    We have a potentially suspenseful storyline here. Lady in peril.... What do we do? I know... Make it a comedy caper. That whole bangs/fringe bit was even worse. It was basically "He permed me!" only this isn't supposed to be a kooky comedy.

I love Nicolette Sheridan but really it would take more than her to save this show. The writers need to really wise up and turn things around. It's just not serious enough or high stakes enough for me to want to tune in every week. I never watch it the day it arrives. It's usually way later on. The reason for this is because I genuinely don't care about the characters. I wanted to love Gillies as Fallon but I pretty much detest her. The whole concept of who Fallon is now is something really unappealing to me. How has she improved from the 1980s version? How is she a stronger woman? She's just basically a spoiled, entitled and lets face it STUPID child. Original Fallon would have hated this person.
    Steven is a weird combination of mostly awful acting and 1970s Sesame Street presenter. He's the most boring gay man on earth. He has like zero chemistry with anyone. He's about as sexual as a root canal.

This Cristal was also supposed to be a new modern take on the original. She's supposed to be stronger and have more bite and... Whatever. She's even more beige than Linda Evans was at her blandly beigest. Mostly due to the insipid acting. Sure she has shady Latino relatives that showed up and cause a semi-stir but nobody really cares about them. And they are gone now, leaving Cristal to wallow in her beige-ness.

This show needs actors who can act and writers who can write. It needs to drop most of the comedy. And Fallon needs a wake up call to tell her she's on a prime time drama now and to stop clocking in as a Nickelodeon brat.

Bye.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,090
    Also Alan Dale is slumming it in this. It's beneath him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12,967
    That's how I did it, and eventually I didn't bother anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AndyLaird

AndyLaird Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +169
    This is spot on.

Going for the Latin American crime drama plot a la TNT Dallas was a bad move to start with but then killing any sense of suspense by playing it for laughs just made it dull and pointless. Very disappointing. Hopefully future episodes will take it back to what the title suggests it should be - a drama about a powerful family.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1