1. Check Out Our Musical Secret Santa

Coming to Soap Chat this Christmas

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

nuDynasty Episode Chat S01E12 - Promises You Can't Keep

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by tommie, Feb 1, 2018.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    The second to last episode before SmashHitasty takes a break for the Olympics :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Sorry if I sound harsh...

I have NEVER fallen asleep watching a nighttime soap first run. NEVER.

TWICE this has happened to me with this show. TWICE.

The most I got from the episode before I fell asleep was Cristal knew this guy and his wife is played by Kelly Rutherford. Hated her character. Very dull. I loved Megan on Melrose Place but you know, can't all be the same thing.

Stephen got a job doing something.

Oh, and Fallon. This was the worst again...

STARTED INTERVIEWING FOR HER OFFICE ASSISTANT.

I went on the couch after that point and searched on my iphone and just listened to the TV in the back until I fell asleep. Now FYI, I bought a new Keurig today if you guys have followed me online. So I've been drinking a LOT of caffeine. Even with that, I fell asleep. e

Dynasty is as good as done.

I don't think it will get a season 2. It put me to sleep twice during the course of 12 episodes. Fallon's office STILL isn't finished and up until I stopped watching tonight, she wasn't happy with the candidates she interviewed. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE WRITERS!

These writers milked that stupid office. It's the worst ABSOLUTE WORST PART OF THE SHOW.

Now if anything big happened after I fell asleep, who knows, but the 2nd act is supposed to BE BIG and hook you in. HECK EVERY ACTR BREAK NEEDS TO BE. But all we get is that "Da-da...Da-da..." music that so many people hate before every act break or at times in the episode, even when nothing that huge happens. LAST WEEK THE SHOW WAS SOOOOOOOO GOOD.

I cannot assume what happened next on the episode. Was the episode better? I did not see any of the "gambling" they did. The beginning part was bad. Very dull. I did see Monica get mad at Jeff for wanting revenge on the Carrington's and she said he was like Blake, that hopefully could cause some friction soon. Friction to send those Colby's off a cliff!

All in all, the show should be done next week. Episode 13. I have never seen a show put me to sleep like this one. And that office storyline is so bad now the writers are equally as bad as the ones were on Melrose Place with Riley Richmond and how she claimed she was a teacher, every episode making excuses not to go to work or coming home from work et. It was so dumb, just like this non existent office thing. "My office." "Oh, Fallon, our office." There have been NO WORKERS and she got businesswoman of the year in one of the first episodes. How dumb was that?! All made up garbage with that office story. It's been non existent for 12 episodes! Going on 13! Did she finally find an assistant at the end of the episode? Will episode 13 show that stupid office up and running?! :p

I know I can stop watching if I hate it. But seriously, 12 episodes in and they are STILL doing the same crap with that office.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  3. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Caught the end of the episode online. The last few scenes had the most to them.

1. Sammy Jo becomes Fallon's assistant. (As if her business will be up and running next week!)

2. Monica tells Jeff that she also wants revenge on the Carrington's.

I also watched the promo for next week and Cesil is going mad in jail and Fallon's trying to be persuaded to marrying Jeff.

My thoughts...

Episode 13 should be the finale. It would have been had they not gotten the back 9.

4. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Well, it was an okay episode. Not sure I liked the whole concept of Fallon being proposed to sleep with some randon nasty old guy right after she's just got kidnapped, (and if this wasn't the CW, I would've been really concerned about the possibility of Fallon raped, sexually assaulted or worse). This plot point probably should have been handled with more sensitivity and care, but unfortunately it's a par for the course for soaps these days to basically treat sexual assault/rape as plot convenience or a joke.

The good news though is that it had some interesting points: apparently the Senator that was running a re-election campaign used to be a judge that was involved in Blake & Alexis's custody case. Blake also appeared to have some serious major dirt over Alexis that he was able to use to bribe the judge in order to steal custody from her and basically exile her from Georgia.

I wonder what kind of important dirt Blake must have had in order to wield power over Alexis. And it looks like maybe Alexis didn't voluntarily leave the family after all. And to think that all this time Fallon believed that she willingly abandoned her for England. I can't wait to see how Fallon will react when she finds out the real truth.

So Mrs. Colby actually tried to kill herself over her affair with Blake? Chances are she's probably at the nut house.

Also I really liked how Fallon brought food for Steven and Sammy Jo at their new house. How cute.

And Steven wants to run for office? This is going to be interesting.

I'm glad Fallon hired Sammy Jo as an assistant. The two really seem to hit it off well and he seems to be pretty fond of her. What I'm not surprised by is that Fallon still despises Cristal and doesn't even have any respect for her. Well I guess an eventual friendship with these two really is out of the question, especially if Alexis shows up and she and Fallon manage to hash out all their unresolved issues. Maybe the two women might team up against Cristal and Blake.

I was also surprised that Monica and Fallon actually reconciled and I was pretty happy with that plot turn at first until it turns out that Monica also wanted in on Jeff's revenge scheme even though she didn't seem to know about it before. Okay, that really blind-sided me. So after the whole acting outraged over Jeff planning to take down the Carringtons now all of a sudden she's interested in revenge?

Are we supposed to assume now that she is/was playing Fallon the whole freaking time? And is she also playing Michael? I don't know if it's me but her motives seem pretty wonky and she just comes across as real petty and bratty. Well it looks like my gut feeling about her being fake and hypocritical was right all along. And I think Jeff is a lot worse than Blake.

I don't know if it's me, but for some reason I'm having this gut feeling that this is all possibly leading up to the Colbys somehow getting control of Carrington Atlantic and having Blake and maybe possibly most of the Carringtons thrown in prison or exiled from Georgia to another place in America or even Canada. Maybe that's how the season/series ultimately ends. I hope I'm wrong and Michael finds the evidence he needs to take down Monica and Jeff once and for all and maybe try to prove to Fallon that he does love her.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +124
    The writers suck with "Jeff and Fallon's business". (Please, Mark, give it a rest with that!!!) The rest of the stuff they write I have nothing to nitpick about. It's just they keep milking it and milking it and milking it. They obviously ruined that story the way the Melrose Place writers made Riley be a school teacher for 10 episodes, then get fired, we didn't even see her as one, then she discussed with Ben about opening some sort of schools or something...we didn't even see that either by episode 18 of that series before it was cancelled. Same thing here. They just say "My company." But where are the workers? The office looks so small compared to Blake's. Yet there are NO workers in over 12 episodes. Next week, my guess is they steer from it as well, and focus on Jeff trying to trick Fallon into marrying her in the whole episode with Monica's help.

Next week should really, truly be it. The end. With the ratings it pulled in episode 2, that should have been the end. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12....all below 1 million, then they added the Netflix views to make it slightly over 1 million so they could stay on. But now the news of the Friday move and how many of you are saying that doesn't look good, then that could be bad.

Has Sammy Jo shared any dialogue with Jeff? I'm just waiting to see the two get together. Jeff does not seem the type who's interested in women. His whole character is so wrong for Fallon and it would make more sense he gets with Sammy Jo. :p

6. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,469
    Even funnier was when Steven announced he'd "made a decision," both Fallon and Sam piped up "We're moving back to the mansion???" desperately, since I'm sure Sam is going through serious "pampering withdrawal".

I'm actually not as keen on that. We just got past several plot points that show he has things in his past that would sink his candidacy--his role in that worksite accident that killed someone (with a "payoff" to the widow), his "colorful" drug-fueled past with Ted (and probably others)....that sort of stuff might fly in California or New York, but not Georgia. There is also an aversion to trust-fund babies going into politics because they're "bored" and expecting to get elected to higher office without paying your dues by working one's way up through local politics and offices. But it's soaps, so of course none of that will apply.

I take a lot of Fallon's slams against Cristal are just reflexive for her. She would never say anything nice about Cristal out loud because she's not the type to ever admit she was wrong about anything. Even if they forge a sort of unspoken truce, Fallon will still have to get in her digs because it's what's expected of her. Any feelings Fallon develops that might be positive about Cristal will almost certainly be forgotten once Alexis shows up, since it's pretty obvious Fallon will do anything to gain the adoration of her long-lost mother. Fallon will likely feel that if she doesn't lead the charge against Cristal on her mother's behalf, Alexis might abandon her again. Fallon's real conflict will be having to choose between Alexis and Blake, and the sad part is that she doesn't realize she can love both of them without having to choose a "side" in their war.

They had to have someone for Jeff to "plot" with, a talk-to character that would allow the writers to reveal what Jeff is planning. It was too difficult to have Cesil as that character, since conversations in prison settings are usually monitored/recorded, and they need to keep Monica in the mix for the time being. I had assumed early on that she didn't know what Jeff was up to, since she seemed so carefree compared to her serious-faced brother. I'm guessing Alexis will return to town with much more information about Blake's interactions with the elder Colbys, likely turning the situation on its ear since it's likely Cesil wasn't entirely truthful with his son about the events. I wonder if Alexis will reveal that Monica is actually Blake's daughter, for instance, or that Cesil really is guilty of some other offenses such as spousal abuse or something related to the current status of Mrs. Colby. I don't think they would allow Jeff and Monica to 'get one over' on Blake to an extent that he loses the company/fortune to them. I do think, however, that Alexis might very well have enough insider dirt to use the Colby kids to set up such a scenario--then swat them aside to do the honors herself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +121
    @Daniel Avery Okay, I can definitely see where in real life Steven would probably have a lot of issues running for office but it wouldn't matter on the actual show. Unless his political rivals end up using his past against him.

Also I never really thought about Fallon & Cristal's dynamic that way. Up to this point I always thought that Fallon's animosity towards Cristal was genuine, (probably still is to an extent). But now some of your points make me wonder if maybe a large majority of of Fallon's behavior towards Cristal could be due to her belief that she has to act that way in order to remain loyal to her mother.

On the other hand, if Fallon finds out that Blake played a pivotal role in her mother's exile, she might end up feeling so betrayed and disillusioned that she'll end up going on her mother's side. There's also a possibility that Alexis & Blake might have their own agenda and motives for their mutual war and Fallon might be used as a pawn to accomplish their goals.

Also I still can't believe that Cristal still loves Blake after everything he's done. She must truly believe that there's some good in him. I don't believe there's a shred of goodness in Blake. That guy truly is a monster.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,469
    Both Blake and Cristal's pasts are peeling away like layers of an onion. Blake pointed out to Cristal how he stood by her during the whole Celia Machado reveal, her past relationship with Matthew, the sex tape, the whole mess with Iris and Alejandro, etc. so he isn't the only one with a past that makes their lives messy. He stood by her through all that, and now it's her turn to offer a bit of understanding. I actually am glad he said that, because it would have been unrealistic for him to forget all these secrets of hers that kept dropping from the sky.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I wouldn't have expected Blake to just automatically forget all of the secrets she had. But my problem with Blake is that Cristal's reasons for doing what she did with the whole Iris/Alejandro situation are at least understandable, considering the type of people Iris & Alejandro were. What were Blake's reasons? He claims that he drove Alexis to exile from Georgia supposedly to protect Fallon & Steven, but I'm calling B.S. on that. So far there is nothing to indicate so far that Alexis is as big a monster as Blake seems to think she is. For all we know, Alexis might come back with a different version of events and paint Blake in a bad light. It depends on whose version is closer to the truth. Now even if Blake is right and Alexis is a horrible woman and mother, he's not that much better.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,415
    Is Alexis coming next week?

11. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +121
    I don't think so. Alexis is supposed to show up on Episode 16, which would be around March 16th or the 23rd, depending on whether or not there's even going to be an episode on the week of February 28th.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,133
    [​IMG]

Most boring episode yet?

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,415
    What does he know about green energy?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    Well, original Blake was pretty god-damn awful before they decided to de-fang him into a "damn it Alexis" caricature. I don't doubt that Alexis will have an entirely different point of view of what happened between them (just like Alexis on the original show), but I also don't doubt that Alexis will just like Blake be a pretty terrible person too. But paying off judges is kids stuff though - I think there's worse skeletons that's about to unravel when it comes to Blake.

It's a personal assistant job (ie Fallon's personal errand boy), so he doesn't have to know anything about "green energy" (is that what the company is about again?)

15. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    It for sure won't air on the 28th. Episode 13 will be the Olympics "cliffhanger" (since that was the original episode order) and then they'll just return it on Fridays March 9th.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Soaplover

Soaplover Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I don't like how they are writing the current version of Sammy Jo....i think keeping Sammy Jo as a straight female would have worked better. Primetime soaps can't ever be as good as they were in the past...too tame and PC.

I hope Alexis will shake things up....and with Blake being written as a monster especially in this episide...i hope it won't be Alexis trying to get him back..but truly wanting to succeed in business.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MarkSinacori

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +124

Why did the stupid writers do this weeks ago? They just had had sit in that stupid EMPTY office w Jeff. September...October...November...December...Now it’s Janury. 4+ months of the same crap. It’s the worst writing on the entire show and it’s mostly what Fallon talks about. She doesn’t even have workers!!!!!!!

18. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,469
    I know this whole business venture of Fallon's seems to mean a lot to you, but keep in mind that most soap businesses have no workers. It seems the larger the company, the fewer people we see other than the CEO and/or owners. That's not unique to NuDynasty. Similarly, the companies seem to run themselves 90% of the time (giving the characters plenty of free time to do other things) and even more rarely do they fail to succeed--as if they thrive on neglect. So the less time Fallon and Jeff "work," the richer they will become by soap standards.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    On most of the 80s soaps we'd mostly end up seeing the secretary if that, so this is nothing new as you said.

I think they could be clearer as to what exactly Fallon's company does, but business talk on soaps tend to put me to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,415
    I find well-written business storylines very exciting. DAMAGES and THE WIRE, for example.
    Dynasty S1's business was adequate (because of the battle with Lankershim-Blaisdel) but after that they showed no interest in their own oil business.
    I wish we had seen more of Jason's IMOS project, it seemed so...epic!

But at least Alexis knew how to pretend that she was "very very busy".

• Agree Agree x 3