nuDynasty Episode Chat S01E14 Gospel According To Blake Carrington

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by tommie, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,979
    Maybe it coincides with the reading of the will, and the wedding is just her first appearance?
    The last episode I've watched was #7, maybe I should re-start with this episode to prepare myself for the shocking introduction of NuAlexis.
    Then again, I am extremely busy at the moment :yoyo:

• Like Like x 1
  2. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I thought Alexis's first official appearance was in the aftermath of Grandpa Carrington's death during the reading of the will, which is supposed to be episode 16. I find it highly unlikely that she's going to show up for Fallon's wedding. If she really was going to show up next week, they should have said that she'll show up for episode 15. Not the week after. That just makes it even more confusing and irritating.

And judging by the promo, it looks like they're getting the Fallon/Jeff wedding out of the way already just so they can focus more on Alexis and maybe Fallon might attempt to escape the marriage by recruiting a fake husband named Liam. I guess he'll be sticking around for a couple of episodes.

I still don't think it's a good idea for Fallon to be getting married at this stage because she hasn't really matured enough to handle such a big commitment and she'll just simply screw around on Jeff the first chance she gets. Or whoever else she marries.

I think after this season if the show gets renewed they should just get rid of Jeff altogether because he's just going to drag down the show and he might not have much of a purpose anymore with Alexis around and they should also bring in a new family to compete with the Carringtons. Maybe they could introduce the Fallmonts or even give Claudia a family or both? If I remember correctly the Fallmonts played a huge vital role in the original.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  3. Soaplover

Soaplover Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +207
    From what the show runner said... she did hint Claudia would be coming back.. but wanted to wait until Alexis is introduced and established first. What's strange is that the showrunner professed to love Claudia in the original yet wrote her into a corner so soon. In the original.. Claudia was on for 2 seasons before taking a break.. while Sammy Jo popped in and out over the seasons... yet in this version.. Sammy Jo is around a lot and really has no purpose.

I do think if the show is renewed for a season 2 (and with a rating they got on Friday... it is the same as Crazy Ex Girlfriend, etc)... then I do think the Colby's would be phased out... and Alexis vs Fallon would be the way to go. Cristal isn't working in this version and I can't put my finger on if it's due to the writing or due to the acting.

4. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Of course she has to come back! She's pregnant with Matthew's baby. We still don't know if Claudia will give birth or miscarry if she ever returns. On the other hand, I think making Claudia crazy was pretty much the only way to write her out temporarily until she could come back on a later date. And Sammy Jo actually has a solid character arc: he's dealing with severe abandonment issues by his father and he's trying to change and be a better person for Steven. So yeah I do believe he has a purpose because Sammy Jo & Steven actually have great chemistry together. Besides, who else are they going to put Steven with? Ted's already gone, so for the time being he's stuck with Sammy Jo.

I think for a potential season 2 there's a good chance that maybe Cristal might be recast with a better, stronger actress that can keep up with Nicollette Sheridan. And maybe Steven will also be recast too. If I were keeping Jeff around I'd recast him too. But honestly, the Colbys need to be gone. They've run their course already.

5. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,412
    Cristal is actually growing on me slightly.

Well not really huge or vital, but the played a role.

6. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Okay, not exactly vital but the Fallmonts were supporting characters for quite a bit.

7. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,412
    They wont recast Cristal. They just wont. The only way I could see them recast Steven is if they copied the oil rig explosion plot which is unlikely. Or if Steven #1 wanted off the show that would leave the door open to a reunions in Singapore plot twist.

8. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,412
    They were so dull and nondescript they lived in the Carrington living room and nobody even noticed they were there. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Well, they don't have to do an oil rig explosion. There are plenty of ways to have devastating accidents. Maybe Steven could have a major car accident that disfigures his face or maybe he gets severely burned in a fire at the mansion or maybe at Carrington Atlantic or maybe somewhere else.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,110
    Why didn't we get a Fallmont spin-off anyway?

11. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,038
    They were too busy auctioning off the set-pieces left over from The Colbys?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,979
    OK, I've tried but after 20 minutes of non-stop annoying background music I felt like murdering someone.
    I didn't hate what I saw, but the random and irrelevant music makes it look like a long YouTube trailer.

Alexis or not, I'm done with it.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  13. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,110
    You know that it was exactly what they were doing.

14. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,110
    Oh wait that happens to you too?

Not that I try to murder people often, but when I do that music keep happening!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,038
    Now available from the CW: Music to Kill People By, a fabulous collection offered in conjunction with their runaway hit, Dynasty.
    [​IMG]

Speaking of running away....don't play this new album too loudly, or you will be doing just that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Yes, to improve the show:

1. Get rid of the Colby's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That alone will help it a LOT!

So unbelievable, all the acting and the storylines. And now Blake agrees for the wedding. WOW. It's just stupid. Like a fantasy where anything said goes.

17. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,038
    I have this naughty image of Fallon tossing the bouquet and purposely hitting Monica in the head with it.

• Funny Funny x 2