nuDynasty Episode Chat S01E15 Our Turn Now

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by tommie, Mar 20, 2018.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,009
    Sigh, I was on crack all week so I figured that some of you would pick up my slack, but nooooo I have to post this thread. Now.

Anyway, Fallon and Jeff wedding blah blah fake blah blah series low blah blah stunning series low even blah blah Alexis is arriving.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,020
    Very lovely, thanks tommie. Now I'm up to date again:). Btw how is Alexis arriving, do you see her travel or in traffic (the bitch traffic).

3. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,812
    "So I was walking alone in the park last night, enjoying the full moon. All of a sudden the moonlight was totally blotted out as Alexis Carrington flew by on her Louis Vuitton broomstick, cackling like a hyena. I'm not sure, but I think she had on one of those pointy hats--with a veil??" ---stunned eyewitness

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,156
    Wow... Like no actual episode chatter. It was alright of an episode, not brilliant but not terrible. The show seems to flip flop doesn't it? From alright to just terrible. I liked the setting for Fallon's non-wedding. It reminded me of the ballroom at FiLoli for Blake and Krystle's wedding with they way they had it all set out. Very pretty.

Tom Carrington dying and his last words to Fallon was quite interesting. It's a shame he had to die though, I kind of liked him as an antagonist. I wonder if him calling immigration on Sam will really have any repercussion or if Fallon will sort it all out? Liam is also quite pleasing on the eye, hopefully he sticks around for a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,020
    What did he say?

6. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Winner

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,156
    That Blake was covering for him. Implying that Tom was the one having an affair with Cecil's wife. Which would mean Blake and Monique could be half siblings, just like Dominique and Blake on the original show.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MarkSinacori

MarkSinacori Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +120
    The episode was a big improvement than most of the crap they wrote the first 14 episodes.

I don't think Cesil will be around much longer. Out of all 3 of his family I want to see him gone most.

Jeff toughened up and is less of a wimp. That's how he should have been played since day 1. He always came off as gay to me. That he'd be better dating Sammy Jo.

If they keep up with the way they wrote this episode, it will be better. If they keep Jeff a wuss again, sitting at a chair, in an office that doesn't exist, it will be bad.

8. Ked

Ked Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,312
    Maybe they'll do a Jeff/Fallon/Sammy triangle, just like in the original series, with Fallon and Sam mudwrestling over Jeff. :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Isn't it sad that I care more about what's going to happen to Michael/Fallon than with Blake & Cristal's relationship?

Anyways, this is the first episode that I remember that has legitimately upset me. I mean, really upset me to the point that the night I originally watched the episode, I literally couldn't sleep. I was that upset with what they did to Michael and Fallon.

I mean, after everything they've been through... and also with the show giving us so many clues that they were building up to an eventual Michael/Fallon pairing - Blake and Michael's parents voicing their approval of them, Evie telling Michael and Fallon to stop being so gross, the two bonding during the Thanksgiving episode, Michael willing to team up with the guy he hated just so he could rescue the girl he loved, Kori telling him that she knows he's still in love with Fallon... after all of that the writers are just simply going to throw it all away just so they can devote all their screen time to Alexis? So stupid! I mean, seriously! I'm not even sure if I'm actually going to like Alexis at this point. I might stick around just long enough to find out her backstory and if this show continues to disappoint and aggravate me, I may actually end up quitting before the season's over.

But I won't do that only because I want to find out what is going to ultimately happen to Michael. I mean, if he now basically sees Fallon as the devil incarnate, what does that mean for his job working for the Carringtons? Does Michael even have a purpose anymore? Are the writers really planning to eventually phase him out because he doesn't fit in their Fallon/Jeff agenda? Ugh, my head's hurting just thinking about this.

Also, I'm kind of glad Cristal stood up for Fallon, but I doubt it's going to do anything positive for their relationship in the long run. I mean, the minute Alexis shows up, Fallon will automatically shun Cristal and devote all her attention to winning her mother back.

Also, I could care less for this Liam prick. I'm not going to attach myself to this character and I doubt he's going to stick around long. And knowing this show, he might turn out to have an ulterior motive like maybe lusting after Fallon's family fortune. If Liam turns out to be a creep, I hope Fallon can save herself because this time she doesn't have Michael anymore to save her. And Steven is probably going to be too busy with his political campaign to have anything to do with his sister.

Also, I'm kind of surprised that for once Blake turned out to be right. However, I'm hoping they don't do the twist of having Monica turn out to be Tom's illegitimate daughter. I mean, she's literally around Fallon's age! That would be so gross and weird if they did that!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  10. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,438
    Oh, I get it now. Dominique + Monica = Monique.

Blake and Jeff sharing a half-sister. Now, that's a nice way to reboot a character.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,020
    Yes but that's not unusual for soaps i.e. potential happiness has to be nipped in the bud in order to create more drama.
    So, maybe it's more beneficial to cherish those feelings of "being upset" instead of fighting them.:)

12. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +101
    @Willie Oleson That's all fine and dandy but what I have been noticing with soaps a lot these days is that just as viewers are getting attached to a particular couple, the writers immediately break them up every so often just for shock value. Back in the old days they were able to come up with various plots that allowed drama to grow without having to resort to the extreme measure of tearing the root for couple apart. Not so much anymore. I hope it's not the case with Michael and Fallon because they have so much potential as a couple and I feel like redeeming Jeff just to put him back with Fallon is boring, cliched and predictable in this case.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,812
    In my experience, every soap breaks up its couples just to reunite them....at least its more popular ones. Happy couples often become boring couples, so soaps will cause short-term (or even long-term) conflicts in order to keep things interesting...knowing that the couple will ultimately overcome their obstacles to be together. Gary and Val were broken up on Knots Landing for about half the run of the series, but the writers were wise enough to wave their potential reconciliation under viewers' noses often enough to string along their fans...but it kept them watching! And that is the ultimate goal, of course--keeping the viewers hooked.

Agnes Nixon, one of the best soap writers ever, was famously quoted when asked about her writing for the typical soap viewer, "Make them laugh, make them cry...make them wait." She knew the key to keeping the fans rooting for their favorite couples was giving them something (or someone) to fight against...and making sure they always came out on top.

• Like Like x 3
  14. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,009
    That's a bit how this thread feels.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. RottenSkipper17

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +101
    @Daniel Avery Too bad we don't have writers like Agnes Nixon anymore, now do we? All we seem to have nowadays are hack writers with no respect for the characters or the show's history and they just write whatever they want to carry out their personal agenda. It actually doesn't matter whether or not a couple is popular; they just break up a couple without warning and then just quickly move on to the next couple as if the previous pairing had never happened. You could probably blame today's hook-up culture all you want but that doesn't mean the writers have to be so lazy and blase about it.

16. arnaud

arnaud Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I do not agree with many of you. I think this version of Dynasty is much better than the first one. Funny too. And this time Krystle is not as smooth as in the 80s.

The characters are good, except maybe Blake.
    I hope Claudia will come back.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,009
    Claudia 4-ever!!!

Can't wait for Alexis!

18. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,009
    I did say I was on crack all week, right?!

19. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,020
    This episode was not too shabby! I wonder if Liam is going to be "a problem" when Fallon starts the divorce procedure.
    Maybe she should keep him, Michael has become such a whining bitch.
    The dim lights during the after-wedding party looked very nice.

Do you think Cesil should have accidentally shot someone? Maybe Alexis if she had arrived at the mansion? Bang! Dead! Now that would have been very funny!

Are Cristal and Fallon sistas now? Unless Fallon wants her mother back in the house...and Cristal out. I can't think of another reason for Fallon to hate her stepmother again.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,074
    I certainly have no problem with him. :love2:

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1