nuDynasty Episode Chat S01E18 Don't Con A Con Artist

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by RottenSkipper17, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,594
    America, America, I do not understand thee.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,503
    Two words: May Sweeps. They likely want the series to air through the month of May, and in order to do that, episodes had to be held back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11,787
    Then why didn't they broadcast the first episode a month later? I believe they also skipped a week because of some Big Sports Event? As if Dynasty fans would want to watch sports instead.:rolleyes:
    Alternatively, they could produce a few extra episodes:D

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Mega Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,594
    Sounds reasonable.

5. tommie

tommie Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,686
    The next episode airs on April 20th per listings.

You probably got it confused with Life Sentence, which joins Dynasty on a new time slot April 27th.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  6. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well, the original Adam's name was Michael Torrence, so no red flags would show just like Liam. Both lived their lives as Michael or Liam, so how could anyone know including this Andres who knows all? From the previews it seems like Fallon and Liam are about to consummate their "marriage " but I'm guessing it's going to stop. The fact that he walked away after the kissed was telling. Her face seemed to want more. That's what happened in the original. He kept pursuing Fallon and he finally broke her down, but he left. She's kept Liam hostage essentially and he left her.

7. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Yeah I won't be surprised if Alexis is the one that ends up interrupting Liam and Fallon's sexy time especially if she's the one that ends up investigating Liam's past. Someone is going to have to eventually. Maybe if that happens that would also explain why Liam is trying to protect Fallon from Jeff in the promo because Jeff might still believe in his mind that Fallon is his legal wife and therefore she's cheating on him.

8. Ked

Ked Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,122
    That, or Jeff is just an angry jerk and doing what angry jerks do best. ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,503
    Alexis's seeming non-interest in Liam is (in my mind) telling, given how quickly obsessed she became with Steven's fiancé and controlling/ruining their relationship. It's almost like she's purposely leaving Liam alone to do his thing.... :think: If he's not Adam, he might still be there under false pretenses---namely working for/with Alexis to achieve some goal. She'd have to have someone on the inside feeding her info on whether her schemes are working.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +982
    You are right it is unlikely to have been the case. But I am willing to suspend my disbelief because as other posters in this thread are mentioning, the show is improving by leaps and bounds, both as a show on its own and as rooting itself in history as a re-imagining of DYNASTY--a claim I would never have uttered just a few weeks ago.

Listen, they can improve all they want--one more episode with this atrocity and I am starting a cancellation campaign.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11,787
    "You lied to me!"
    "Only at the beginning, but then I really fell in love with you. I swear I got nothing to do with this!"
    :lol:

As for the investigation: everyone knows why he is there and what his motivation is: his contract with Fallon, which was her idea. This is not supposed to be a real romance/marriage and I guess they expect him to leave when Fallon no longer needs him i.e. when she thinks that Jeff is no longer a threat to CA (I forgot what happened to Morell Corp, does she still own it or not?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,503
    The implication was that the ill-fated Jeff/Fallon wedding fiasco occurred on a Saturday, and that the only reason Liam was sticking around was because they could not file the annulment papers until the following Monday. Obviously this has stretched out long past two weekend days, since Tom's funeral supposedly occurred two days after the wedding (Fallon claimed she needed him to make an appearance with her at the funeral), and Alexis has been around for at least a week (in their timeline).

13. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,503
    Changing the subject a bit: what was up with Sam's hair?

14. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +149
    It worked with his "community theater production of "Hair"" outfit, it was cute but I prefer his usual style.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Grant Jennings

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Why is no one investigating Liam? I don't think Anders and Blake consider Liam to pose a serious threat. Unlike Blake's marriage to Cristal/Celia, Fallon's marriage to Liam was a business deal with a signed contract.

I don't think Liam is Adam, I think he's Jeff. On original "Dynasty" Fallon married Jeff for business reasons but grew to love him, this is just what happened (though much faster) between nuFallon and Liam. I do think Liam has a secret which will create friction between him and Fallon; I also think there will be a love triangle involving Michael. I think the producers intend for Liam to be Fallon's conscience - much like Cristal is to Blake.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Did I mishear something or was it said that Steven is older than Fallon in this episode? Wasn't he the baby in the original?

17. Grant Jennings

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Yes, this isn't the first time it's been mentioned that nuSteven is older than nuFallon. I wonder if this is simply to reflect the ages of the actors; it does make sense that Steven - the older child who has been traveling the world - has kept in touch with Alexis while Fallon hasn't been close to Alexis. If they are trying to be faithful to the actors' actual ages it would make it much less likely that Liam is really Adam as Adam Huber is three years younger than James McKay.

18. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Yeah I thought Michael was supposed to be Fallon's conscience, not Liam. The only reason why Fallon's relying on Liam right now is because Michael's not available and he's basically trying to avoid her right now. And besides, even if the CW is aware of the growing number of Liam/Fallon shippers, (I still don't understand what the hell is so great about this pairing), they can't change course at least for this current season because they've already wrapped up filming several weeks ago. And for all we know Liam's arc may already be over. And if he's supposed to be the "new" Jeff then what is the real Jeff's purpose on this show?

19. Ked

Ked Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,122
    To be a villain bent on making Fallon's life hell?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +255
    Please, I would love to see some Fallon / Liam action. They are so cute together (yes, I am drop dead serious, shoot me, sue me) and I would love to see Liam shirtless and pantless more often!