nuDynasty Episode Chat S01E19 Use Or Be Used

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by RottenSkipper17, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,835
    Another excellent episode.
    There was some talk about "second chances" but we still don't know who's getting them.
    I was surprised to see Alexis playing the fairy godmother when she told Michael that Fallon is still in love with him, BUT maybe that was just the first part of her plan.
    She wants Liam gone no matter what, but apparently it has nothing to do with how she feels about him.
    But does she really want her daughter to marry the chauffeur? Maybe she would have dealt with him later.

Either way, I get the idea that she wants to isolate her daughter but I don't know why...to manipulate her? Or does she herself wants that second chance? We don't know her yet so it's hard to say when she's being sincere or not.

I don't think I would miss Liam once he's gone, but I'm mega curious about the rich & dysfunctional Lowden family. Can we hope for a spin-off, like, next week? I want more glamour, more power, more Dynasty:D

Blake vs. Cristal, OMG this is so awesome! There's even a possibility to make her the new Alexis character. After all, O.Blake blackmailed O.Alexis to leave Colorado.
    I'm so excited!

Jeff looks so hot when he's drunk and vomits, he used to be so boring I didn't think he could vomit.

Anders still rules the roost as they all confide in him, servants can have tremendous power. I want to see more of that.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,991
    I assume that if we see this rich, dysfunctional Loudon/Lowden family added next season, do they want to jump ahead of themselves and make the Loudons into the California Colbys? Or will this be an outlet for the writers to create their own characters/stories rather than continuing to follow the original Dynasty template?

Would it be too much to ask for this other family to have at least ONE member who has an authentic north Georgia accent? It's becoming more and more unrealistic* that no one (not even the waiters, secretaries or extras) has a Southern accent in the largest city in the South.

*Yeah, yeah, I know--if I'm looking for realism, I should probably turn the channel to something else.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,835
    Hm, no...this seems very unlikely, but that doesn't change the fact that their marriage has reached a major impasse, how are they going to fix that?

So, while I was taking a shower, I was thinking: what if Blake has a change of heart? What if someone very dear to him is also affected by the accidental chemical spill?
    Alexis claims that she has searched high and low for her son, but what if he has always lived relatively close to the Carringtons?
    Maybe Steven could discover that Adam lives in Clarke County, and he's also battling cancer. That way Adam would be instantly intertwined with the Dynasty story.
    Sure, Steven could find him in New York or London or Timboektoe, but how interesting would that be?

This would give them a reason to make Adam a villain - instead of love and wealth, his father gave him cancer.
    And that's another motivation Liam doesn't have since he grew up with his own dynasty. In fact, I can't think of any interesting reason to make him Adam.
    And a soap-y side effect of the chemical spill disease is that it makes some patients behave, shall we say, psychopathic? So he could do all the things O.Adam did (or worse!) and still get away with it.

So, that would save Blake & Cristal's marriage, but Carrington-Atlanta isn't off the hook yet. Perhaps they would need the support of another big company in order to survive....ColbyCo?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,835
    Please, don't do that! There's always a reason to go on, no matter how bad things look. Just...step away from the edge...slowly and carefully.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Lots of twists and turns this episode. Could Liam's family lead into Dex? Or the Fallmont's?

I'm also wondering where Alexis and Jeff will go. Will it turn into she marries him and he dies and she inherits everything he has? Like Cecil? The whole Colby's storyline hasn't worked that well here. Maybe Alexis keeps him drinking, marries him and he has an unfortunate accident? We don't know Original Alexis's wealth when she came back, but seeing as though she moved in to the studio, and moved out after Cecil died and got money makes me kinda think it's similar.

I'm also wondering if this storyline between Blake and Crystal is to reflect when OG Blake raped Crystal. He's not physically raping her, but he is emotionally (?) in a way??

6. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,378
    My money would be on the Fallmonts.

7. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,835
    We also know that Alexis' mother was a greedy bitch. Not unimportant:)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I do wonder if the season finale will deal with Ted's death just like original season 1 or are they just going to forget about it?

I am surprised Liam isn't Adam. I guess he still could be. We don't know much about Liam's family. They are obviously wealthy like the Carringtons. I would like to see that storyline stay true. I still feel weird about Anders not doing a background check like he told Alexis but I feel like he did regardless. Maybe he does know the whole story bc he did eat dinner with Liam.

Original adam was clear and center but no one knew. I just don't see Steven finding Adam.

9. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,991
    I think Alexis sent Steven on a wild goose chase. The "search for Adam" was just a way of giving Steven something to do that might make him forget his mother tried to destroy his relationship with Sammy Jo. Alexis likely felt she could only wreck one of her children's relationships at a time, so having Steven go out of town allows her to focus on ruining Fallon/Liam. It also separates Steven and Sammy Jo, which might give a chance for her to swoop in and do something (else) rotten to Sammy Jo without Steven close by to see it happen (and figure out she was behind it).

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,835
    Yes, that was definitely a woe-is-me improvisation, I'm not even sure if she wanted him to continue the search. Why expressing feelings of "giving up" now that she stands more chance to find him, with the Carrington money to fund her search. If there ever was a search. If Adam was kidnapped at all (maybe he's living in England with cousin Rosalind).
    I'm curious to know why she's doing it, she doesn't strike me as snobbish or a person of very high standards. She doesn't really know her children let alone their partners.
    Right now she comes across as a busybody but it doesn't make sense.
    At least I could understand why O.Alexis didn't like O.Sammy Jo - she thought SJ was trash and, more importantly, she was Krystle's niece.

Or is it all part of a genius master plan?

But I think Steven is going to find him, in an against-all-odds sort of way (because of Steven's stupidity), and somehow I think Alexis isn't going to like this at all.
    But why? Oh the questions, the questions!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I feel like there are so many storylines in question after this episode. almost every character has a storyline unresolved. Teds death is unresolved which is gonna bite Steven in the ass

12. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,373
    They are using Atlanta about as much as the original used Denver, albeit they have done a couple more location shoots.

I have to say, my verdict is out on SheridAlexis, and she is not one I care for. She is just another desperate housewife, not the classy and cleverly manipulative woman Alexis is supposed to be. Funny, because they are finally making Blake more like the original, and his relationship to Cristal is also becoming, finally, more complicated like in early DYNASTY.
    Fallon is now almost a real human being, just as Steven has become completely wallpaper. Was Liam waiting outside the city hall on the off chance that Fallon Carrington would marry him? Sorry, but just as the show was showing promise with him, they remind me how clumsy they really are.
    After getting rid of Monique, I wonder if they have any plans to really use Jeff. If he does marry Alexis, it would be perhaps the catalyst for season 2.
    As for Adam, at least the show making Alexis use all her money on the search for Adam is one instance where they showed they used the original and improved upon its plot holes. I must say, right now I am actually more interested in the Blake-Cristal story than all the others.
    Not that the show is that clever, but if Steven bumps across Adam, it would be funny if Adam came on to Steven (even if he is actually str8) like the original came on to Fallon, setting off this kind of tension-non acceptance as in Adam-Fallon.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,835
    It's hard to think of her as the show's future powerhouse, but NuDynasty already got one: Fallon.
    But it's too early to say, we don't know what her plans are - well, she wants to take back everything that once belonged to her, but we don't know how or how ruthless she's going to be.
    I just hope she's going to influence the story in an entertaining way, fabulous diva or not.
    And there's another interesting difference: NuBlake doesn't hate her very much, sometimes he says things like "well at least Alexis...(insert positive example)".
    I like these kind of little differences, and Blake has become so much more interesting now. And thanks to Alexis, I also find him more attractive.
    Yes, how very "Sean Rowan" LOL
    But maybe you got your point of views mixed up. He wasn't a scheming writer of rich dysfunctional families hoping & waiting for this odd situation to happen, no, it was an accidental meeting and he just happened to be a writer of rich dysfunctional families, his own family, not the Carringtons. That also made it a tad more plausible.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,991
    I actually didn't believe her when she said that. I assumed she just frittered away her money on clothes, jewelry, and partying all over the world, and just threw that bit into her speech to Steven to make her look less frivolous and more in need of his help. She knows he's the type to play Knight In Shining Armor when necessary.

But it undercuts the set-up we got in the opening episodes that led viewers to think Alexis did something really heinous that made Blake exile her from Atlanta (and their lives). Obviously some re-tooling has occurred since the opening six or seven episodes, but Blake's current attitude (more annoyance than anger) doesn't line up with his past actions. She had to have crossed some huge line to incur such a punishment from Blake, and he is not the 'forgive and forget' type. I guess the jury's out on how "awful" she was until we find out just what happened, but right now, they make out like it must not have been too awful, since he hasn't directly confronted her about it and hasn't tried to shove her down the stairs (no matter how much @Willie Oleson has asked him to).

• Like Like x 1
  15. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,109
    It's interesting to read opinions about nuAlexis, because I think it's easy to forget that the first mrs Carrington wasn't exactly the Empress of the Universe that she later became. Manipulative - yes. Snake in the grass - certainly. Genius? No. I think a lot of imagine that Alexis was from a family that had money and connections, lost it at some point and mama Morell ended up drilling the girl to marry rich.

It's obvious. She pooped on the lawn while playing Sex Croquet, Blake ended up stepping in it, forever humilating him in front of that paparazzi that was hiding in the bushes and landed him on Perez Hilton (that was popular in 2007, right?). He never could quite forgive her for that.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,835
    I don't think they had a strict plan how to handle Alexis when NuDynasty started, I think Blake was just describing the status quo and why Alexis wasn't a part of their lives.
    But now it turns out that Steven already knew that she was in Georgia. And no-one, including Anders, has mentioned what went wrong and why/how she left. But they had a fierce argument in Alexis' trailer. More of that, please:)