nuDynasty Episode Chat S02E06 That Witch

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by tommie, Nov 16, 2018.

1. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I’m just going to say since it was brought up, but Dallas 2.0 was a disgrace to humanity. To think a show with such a huge legacy and a cast game to come back and it was all wasted. I still get mad when I think of how big their ratings were at the beginning and they plummeted because the show was in no way Dallas. They didn’t embrace being a soap until the final season when it was too late.

For all my criticisms of the new Dynasty at least you can tell the writers watched the show and like it. They may not always get it right but I appreciate the effort and Easter eggs. The Dallas writers seemed like they resented the original series.

2. Michael Yule Torrance

Michael Yule Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    My favorite quote is Cynthia Cidre going "All I can do is make a show we’re proud of and hope the diehard fans show up." No, instead of hoping, how about you do a show they would actually like and then they do show up? But reading her plans for season 4 in the interview, I am kinda relieved it was cancelled.
    https://dallasdecoder.com/2014/09/25/the-dallas-decoder-interview-cynthia-cidre/

• Like Like x 1
  3. Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas

Miss Piggy and Toni's Very Glamorous Christmas Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,588
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    The duck pond! Deliciousness! Jaw-dropping! No not again, don´t dare to come back Cider House!!

:eek: :hide: :ms::fp:

4. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    I agree with you Chris. It's why I have walked away from Dynasty 2.0. It's like the writers/producers are creating each episode as stand-alone stories rather than a continuation you speak of which is odd because I expect Dynasty to be a serial soap.

5. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    What annoys me about those plans for Season 4 is the confirmation Christopher is dead, despite the ongoing chatter in forums suggesting it was all a ruse. Cynthia is emphatic Christopher IS dead. We then have to deal with JR having a daughter to a mother that has long been dead.

My issue with the above is Cynthia has put this in the public domain. We could argue whether to accept it or not since we never witnessed Season 4 but it's a strange feeling this is the scenario I'm left with after 40 years.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,625
    So about Dynasty...:D

From what I saw, Claudia left Hank to take care of baby Matthew while she supposedly 'took care of the situation' that Hank kept screwing up: getting a big payout from the Carringtons. The implication was that she was not going to enlist his help any more and take care of it "her way" since he was so inept. So he was left alone with the baby...then we saw him getting that check from Alexis (I'm guessing she just signed over the check that Fallon gave her). Then within seconds of his departure, the baby started crying outside Alexis's trailer.

So did Claudia actually deposit the baby outside Alexis's trailer after Hank left (without his knowledge), or did he know what she was up to? If she left the baby with him, she would not have been able to drop the baby outside without his knowledge...and yet, if he had brought the baby along, wouldn't baby Matthew have started crying while Hank was meeting with Alexis inside the trailer? When Claudia took off to "take care of the situation" she did not indicate that the baby would be needed later on. Moreover, the "big payout" Claudia wanted was taking off with Hank, from the look of things. I can't imagine her trusting Hank with "their" money, nor trust any of the Carringtons with her baby.

7. Brian Kinney

Brian Kinney Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hank left the baby there. Just listen to the sound of the baby AND the motorcycle outside while we see Alexis if you don't believe the note Hank left with the baby.

Also: Hank obviously made the decision to "help" the baby after Claudia told him to let the baby cry instead of caring for him. That was rude and as inept as he is here he showed empathy. Which he obviously did before - one episode ago he was also shown to get along with the baby. He even used his fake finger as a pacifier. Cute! :D I think Hank cut his ties to Claudia for the better.

And why didn't the baby start to cry earlier? Because the story did not need that. But I believe baby Matthew is a way for Claudia's permanent stay into the Carrington mansion.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Rove

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    :Clol:

9. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    I'm just not so unsure that the show is as some people would like it to seem.

Trampy Ho wants to be a father because Celia died and Steven left him.

Cristal and Blake are moving along nicely.

Alexis wasn't actually rich in original Dynasty season 2.

Fallon and Michael are annoying, but will break up sooner or later.

Bye Liam!

Hello baby Matthew and will this bring us Claudia full time?

Sometimes I wonder if people have an idealistic opinion of certain shows though.

10. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    From what I could gather - Claudia is crazy and Hank sent her on a wild goose chase; he lied that Alexis was going to meet her in the opposite direction (hence the following scene of Fallon and Alexis). Alexis gets money from Fallon, which she gives to Hank. Hank realises that the best option for little Matthew is to leave him at Alexis' door instead of leaving him with Crazy Claudia.

"PLEASE LOOK AFTER ME
    MY NAME IS MATTHEW
    MY MOM IS CLAUDIA
    AND SHE IS CRAZY"

• Like Like x 2
  11. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    Poor baby... from one crazy mum to the next :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,351
    Alexis has maternal instincts! Sort of.

13. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    Like not knowing how to spell Steven correctly on postcards or not having contact to her little daughter for years? She couldn't even take proper care of puppy Krystle! :re: :D
    If i was little Matt, i'd rather crawl on to the next house in the neighbourhood, can't get worse...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Yule Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    No, she wasn't, and that was what made her so much fun to watch. She was someone who had lived fairly well on Blake's divorce stipend, and she had spent her years of exile in all the best hotels with the jet set, but she had obviously done well using her wits rather than her power, and that is what made her (and her tongue) so deliciously entertaining to watch. Her studio was her little petit trianon (I think someone referenced that as such on the show but I could be wrong and that was just the Pollocks in an interview). What is the purpose of having her become trailer trash and living in an actual trailer? What purpose does it serve?

Which one? For DYNASTY, I think almost all of us have admitted its weaknesses, especially once the show became all about the clothes and the princes.

15. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,863
    Because she's flat broke?
    She had a place, until Hank burned down the stable house.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Michael Yule Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    You are putting the cart before the horse. Her trailer was there BEFORE the fire--she first appeared in it. And as for the fire, the stable house could have been quickly rebuilt, but we see no movement toward that.It is still the writer's choice to have her in that visual.

17. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,863
    Again: because she was flat broke.

And maybe there doesn't have to be a "point", it's just how they wanted to do it.
    I think it's obvious by now that she's not a exact copy of O.Alexis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Michael Yule Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    Nobody said she is or has to be a copy of original Alexis. But the writers' choices have to serve a plot or character point in my view. I don't disagree with your "it's just how they wanted to do it" assessment. I just am not happy with a show where decisions just happen with no rhyme or reason.

19. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,863
    So she lives in a trailer. What kind of purpose are you looking for? What is it that needs to be explained?

20. Michael Yule Torrance

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    Huh?