nuDynasty Episode Chat S02E07 A Temporary Infestation

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by tommie, Nov 30, 2018.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,329
    Summary: Alexis doesn't like NuCristal very much.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,570
    What else is new? :lol:

3. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,569
    I'm sure that flower accident was just a huge misunderstanding and Alexis didn't do that on purpose. They'll become best friends very soon...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,329
    Maybe she was just bringing a huge ass palm tree to Baby Matthew?

Gotta be careful with flowers around kids you know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +396
    Plot twist: episode 7 opens with Alexis breastfeeding baby Matthew.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Dalek Avery

Dalek Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,587
    This episode seemed to be "pairing off" the cast members for their stories of the week.

Alexis and Cristal 2.0 play their own brand of chess. I kind of like it.

Sam and Kirby, I could have done without...but I'm sure their 'Nanny Olympics' will play well with most everyone else.

I like the Monica/Fallon interactions--they really do give off the idea that they've been friends since childhood. Too bad Monica became "fashion roadkill" due to those OTT shoes she wore to the concert.

Just as we had Monica/Fallon, we had Michael/Jeff as counterpoint. They even had one of those overlapping conversations Knots Landing used to do with Val/Karen and Gary/Mack. I still just want their plot with this Ada woman to play out so we can see if the writers plan to keep Michael around afterwards and have Fallon hang on to a husband for once.

A manny named Manny--how appropriate. Remind me why this baby would need a nanny when everyone seems to have so much time on their hands....?
    [looks around the Carrington clan] Oh, yeah...right. Might need TWO mannies. Loved the imagery around their nativity...but I think they'd be hard-pressed to find three "Wise Men" in that motley crew.

I'd give it a 8.0 on a 10 scale.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Michael Yule Torrance

Michael Yule Torrance Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,033
    I'll be following your updates. I may have to watch again if Adam Huber resurfaces. ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,329
    "I don't think she likes me."
    "What did she say?"
    "That she doesn't like me."

:lol:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. tommie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,329
    Great episode.

The games that Cristal and Alexis played on each other seemed like a bit of a silly sideplot only to lead up to THAT? Damn. Ana Brenda's telenovela experiences really came to play that. It was wonderfully played.

Snore at Trampy and Kirby becoming BFFs. Okay, it's cute and all but meh. I do like that their calling the child "Little Blake" - won't that make Crazy Lady mad when she returns? Luckily for Claudia, there is a spot in the opening credits for her...

I really hoped for more reference to the fire with the "incident" at the Colby Club; also is that the old office set for Fallon and Jeff's business? Did I forget that the club was run from there or are they just lazily re-using sets a la oldDynasty?

10. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,569
    After last weeks Ozz-desaster i really liked this one again. One crap, one good. If they continue like that, we get at least 11 good episodes out of every season. :D
    That "twist" at the very end was a little bit too much, that Replacement-Cristal was playing Alexis all along. But i must say overall i got a very positive "Dynasty/The Colbys" vibe several times throughout the episode..
    Monica with a record label.. sounds very familiar to me. ;)

Somehow they changed the lightening in the bedrooms between seasons, sometimes they now really look like an updated and better version of the oldDynasty Filoli-bedroom sets, it's just something with their way of lightening, i like that a lot:

[​IMG]

In many scenes Fallon looked like a cool mixture of PSM-Fallon and s9-ES-Fallon, she wore some outfits they could have worn as well back in the days.
    Even her hairdo reminded me of a mixture of both old Fallons.. :eck:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,569
    Oh and i just came up with a new and fitting name for Josephs daughter: Kirbitch! :crazyme:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 5
  12. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,911
    ...and I was just about to have my Cornflakes for breakfast. With that image planted firmly in my grey matter I'll now resort to vegemite on toast.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,911
    So the latest critique of "A Temporary Infestation" hasn't passed page 1 on this thread. Was the latest episode of Dynasty that bad? Like me have others just given up on the series and moved onto greener pastures? This doesn't bode well for those liking this reboot.

14. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +164
    I’ll say for me I enjoyed it, but I feel there’s less to discuss this season because it lacks momentum. This episode in particular was probably one of my favorites though. I loved the pairing off of characters. It felt more like a procedural than a soap, but it worked for what it was. I particularly enjoyed the return of The Colby’s. The idea of a record label with Fallon and Monica is interesting due to their connection from the original Colby’s spin-off. It also tells me Dominique isn’t too far away. This show has endless Easter eggs so it can’t be a coincidence. I predict Dominique will come after winter break to give the show a burst of life as Alexis did in season one.

Another thing I enjoyed was Alexis and Cristal. I’d argue Alexis/Krystle was more important than any other couple on the original so I’m glad their relationship is being developed here as well. I did enjoy Fallon with Celia, but hated Celia and Alexis. Thankfully it looks like these actresses have better chemistry. I feel this one is more true to the original. She’s genuinely a good girl, but being in this type of family you make mistakes and get dirty. I loved the tit for tat in this episode. I’ll say the only “tune in tomorrow” aspect I can take is looking forward to seeing more of them together.

Hopes and Dreams: Before winter break I need them to wrap up the Hank/Claudia loose end and a wedding for Fallon and Michael (or breakup) would make a nice winter break cliffhanger. Basically start giving us some pay off! Too many of these twists are just languishing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dalek Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,587
    There wasn't a lot of "OMG! That happened!" in this episode. It was more a showcase of what we expect from the various friendships and rivalries, like "character-building" scenes. Maybe we're all kind of in shock, since that's not something we've seen much of at all in this series. It's been plot-plot-plot, and then more plot-plot-plot after the commercial.

The character-driven scenes did not always ring true, at least to me. Sam ought to be pining for Steven even more than Fallon appears to be pining for Liam. In their effort to paint Sam and Kirby as best buds, they should have made it clear that Sam was doing all that nonsense to hide his loneliness, and Kirby was aware that Sam needed the distraction. I would like to know what has motivated Cristal to accept a hasty marriage proposal from a man who is obviously on the rebound and whose life is in total disarray. I'd also like to know what is motivating Blake to jump back into a romantic involvement so soon after Celia's death. The clan's blasé reaction to an abandoned baby showing up as it did also seemed to be another case of "push the plot along, don't argue the details". For one thing, they (other than Cristal) ought to be somewhat curious (if not genuinely worried) about someone trespassing on the estate (to dump off a baby) so soon after the fire/shooting/death. It wasn't even suggested that they call the authorities, or have the baby checked out by a doctor.

As long as we're doing hopes and dreams, I'd like a plot where Liam drops back into Fallon's life to share his suspicion that Uncle Max actually faked his death, and that he (Liam) can help Fallon wrest Carrington-Atlantic away from the Van Kirks on the grounds that Max defrauded her--if they can find him. The plot could go either way: Liam could be right in thinking Max is alive and hiding out somewhere (which would allow Liam to "give back" Fallon's precious legacy to her and the family), or he could have made the whole story up in a last-ditch effort to win her back for good. It would be even more complicated if it turns out that Ada is in cahoots with Max, and they plot to have Fallon murdered in order to "keep Max dead" and keep the Van Kirks in control of C-A. Three guesses who would ordered to kill Fallon...:eek:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Willie O! Tannenbaum

Willie O! Tannenbaum drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +15,784
    And we're getting used to NuDynasty, it doesn't look so Nu anymore.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +164
    I don’t understand what you mean.

18. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +569
    Didn't Alexis tell the clan she'd spoken to child services, and that (a) child services had no reports of missing babies and (b) c.s were going to send someone out for the baby -- but Alexis reckoned it would take a few days for a rep to arrive because c.s was short-staffed?

Say Max did fake his death. How would that give rise to grounds that Max had defrauded Fallon? I must have missed something.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Dalek Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,587
    Yes, she did, but of course she was lying as usual. I forgot that part.

Lawyers could argue that faking his death in the middle of a billion-dollar business transaction created instability and/or insecurity among the involved parties, which directly impacted the terms of the sale. A lot of other people involved in the two companies had to sign off on this merger (including government authorities) so he affected many people's personal fortunes by de-stabilizing the situation at such a crucial point.

Fallon could also bring up that whole ugly situation with Max demanding she sleep with him to seal the deal, but that would be a harder argument since so much of that would be "he said/she said". But since he'd be a well-established liar by that point, she might get her way on that point, too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +569
    Did you? Was she? Hmm.

Remind me, was Fallon looking to retrieve her precious legacy? I wonder why she wanted it sold in the first place, because wondering why she wants it back is one of life’s imponderables.

Presumably, the terms of the sale were already spelt out in the documents Max had to sign so, regardless Max dead or alive, no one’s personal fortune was destabilized (which negated Max’s need to fake his death) – unless….

Unless he never signed, and the sale couldn’t go through and no one benefitted – but that didn’t happen, because somebody managed to lay their hands on the documents he’d purportedly signed, and the sale went through.

If anything, it would be Max’s faked signature on the S&P that would be the undoing of the sale of CA if found out by the government authorities, not his faked death.

The way I see it, if Max’s only reason to have faked his death was because he wanted to drive down the purchase price of CA to benefit his family – the hoped for scenario being that without Max, the van Kirks wouldn't be so willing to buy CA, making Fallon desperate to sell/find a buyer, and she'd offer to sell to the Van Kirks at a lower price (which they'd accept); and an S&P with terms adjusted to omit Max from the picture would have been signed by Max’s sister and his heir(s) – then, it was a dumb plan: Max wouldn't have benefitted monetarily personally & would have to live as dead to his family. He'd have to assume a different identity. (What are the odds he'd have chosen the name Dick Avery?)

No three guesses who gave that somebody the only set of documents Max purportedly signed.

And that allowed the sale and purchase of CA to go through un-renegotiated, so Fallon & Co benefitted from not having to scramble around again to make a fire-sale deal to sell.

OMG! How dumb can you be, Max! Your cahooting with Ada to fake your death just robbed your family the chance to pay less for CA! The only thing you'd get from this is the satisfaction (for whatever reason) of sticking it to your family, your wife.

And, maybe gaining a new life with Ada, and living off cons and card games. Dream on, dude. What goes around, comes around. Just you all wait and see. Ada does what’s best for Ada.

Oh, remind me again, where’s the logic in Fallon wanting to blow the whistle on Max after all that’s happened? Surely, not to get back CA. Where’s the logic in Fallon wanting to prevent the Van Kirks from being in control of CA? Surely, not to get back the company business the majority of the Carrington heirs, herself included, didn’t want anymore.

Actually, when I read that part about the plot to murder Fallon and the reasons for it, my 1st thought was: Why didn't they knock off Liam's wife before signing the deal, so they'd have an easier time dealing with the rest of the sellers who might be entertaining ambitions about working in CA after the sale, running it from somewhere on-high. My 2nd thought: it wouldn't stop at bumping off just Fallon, because naturally her family wouldn't be taking her murder lying down (unless they were happy to have her death/killing go unchallenged). My 3rd: a string of murders of several of the Carrington clan would be face-saving way to quickly bring nuDynasty to its inglorious end without having to beg for cancellation.

Yes, it would be a pointless argument over what a sleazy dickhead Max was. Also, it would throw a spotlight on the lengths Fallon went to in order to get her own way with Max.

A plus point for throwing logic and common sense outta window: it helps reel in the mindless (‘likes’).

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 8:13 AM