Grey's Anatomy S13 E05 Both Sides Now

Discussion in 'ShondaLand' started by Seaviewer, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,472
    I'm liking the way that Amelia's past is being woven into her story but I can't help wondering what the experience is like for viewers who didn't follow Private Practice and are now hearing these things for the first time.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,382
    I'm one of those that never watched PP and I thought it was strange hearing about something that I didn't know the history on, it will be interesting where they take it and how much they will reveal what happened. I'm not a big fan of Amelia, so I don't freel like I'm missing out on much.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ms. Paige

Ms. Paige Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,834
    I am confused what did PP have to do with this? Was Amelia on PP?

I didn't like Private Practice not one bit nope not at all. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seaviewer

Seaviewer Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,472
    Yes, Amelia was a character on Private Practice (a Grey's spin-off) and the history she is recalling was a major plotline on that show.

As far as I'm aware, this is the first time that a character introduced on a spin-off has become a regular on the parent show.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ms. Paige

Ms. Paige Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,834
    Thank you I didn't know that. I was hoping when PP was canceled Kate Walsh would come back to Grey's and bring Grant Show with her......:D

I really thought I would like PP it had a great cast but I just could never get into it past the first few episodes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. darkshadows38

darkshadows38 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +250
    oh i loved Private Practice and i miss it. though they did do some stupid ass mistakes such as killing off a major character in one of the last seasons and than fire the actor i think? the last season was really weak it has some good things in it. but they focused on various characters more and that was fine but it was done so poorly. though i will say that her losing her baby storyline was one of the better ones that i had honestly forgotten about. i also don't think she told Own the truth yet on why she doesn't want kids.

i don't think she's ready to just yet. i hated thursday's episode because of the character that was forced on us to force them to have the students work more on the patients.
    i was talking with my mom who is an RN and i said i know medicine changes but correct me if i'm wrong but having students work on patients when they aren't ready before they see how it's done clearly is a stupid idea. she agreed with me actually, as for PP the only reason the show even ended in think was 2 reasons. 1. the ratings were down but than they never had the ratings grey's had anyways. plus than there's the fact that Kate walsh was ready to leave as well. though i did like the last episode though where Addison got Married.