nuDynasty Episode Chat S1E21 Trashy Little Tramp

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by RottenSkipper17, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,892
    Yeah, I feel like a Stepford wife!

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,937
    I know! Of course I could complain, but I'm trying out something new. And I am genuinely looking forward to the season finale next week. Because it's looking like it will be a proper high drama season finale.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,321
    It would be convenient for Cristal to discover Alexis and her analog lover*, because then they can throw down and mean it. Alexis might even go into the fight planning to kill Cristal just to keep her quiet, which is not a "level" they ever reached in their original series catfights. But my money's on Fallon, since she seems to be the main pot-stirrer these days and gets all the really good screaming/bitching scenes.

*analog as opposed to digital

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Isn't Liam back this episode? I think Joseph/Anders knows that Adam is still alive and knows it's Liam. The close ups on him when Hank came around were telling to me. And I'm still waiting for another reference of Kirby. Does Kirby know Adam? Did Anders have a part in the whole Adam thing or maybe keeping it quiet from Blake since he found out years later? Also are we gonna see Dominique aka Millie? If we do will we see Ben as well?

I will say the one thing I don't like about this now is that the Colby's are the Carringtons. That plot twist is not my favorite. But at the same point the Colby's and the Carringtons were always linked because Alexis and Sable were cousins. So the show was always quite incestuous, but the Dominique is/was both because she must have been married to Cecil. Do we know that? We know the mother left, but was she ever married to Cecil?

Now that Jeff is a Carringtons, did he and Fallon ever end up sleeping together? I feel like it never happened as much as they tried. They always got interrupted. Same with her and Liam. It was pushed that way but fell flat.

I also wonder if Alexis knows Liam is Adam and that's why she pushed him away so hard. He ruined her plan. Hank chopped off his finger for the plan.

• Like Like x 2
  5. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +100
    I wanted to believe Liam could be the real Adam, but... what about the finger thing? Liam had ten fingers in his hands if I'm not wrong... or Fallon would have noticed it! He can't be the real Adam anymore.

6. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,637
    Maybe he's like, Bionic Adam.

7. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Well, it's not like Fallon really knew her "husband" to begin with. I doubt they even slept in the same bed together. So maybe it's possible that Liam could be missing 1 finger and like Hank he also has a prosthetic finger. I know it sounds farfetched but anything's possible in soapland

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,892
    That would be a very good explanation, but she didn't know Liam. She had to find out from someone else that he was a writer and what his full name was.
    I'm keeping Uber-guy as a third option.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,892
    And you don't really know your man until you know his finger.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,659
    I've been on board since the pilot which exceeded my expectations, but I've thought all along they still needed to find that special oomph, that distinctive and hard to hit brand of addictive trashiness, a kind of magic that made the original in season 2 compelling viewing (or latter soaps like Melrose Place in its late season 1/season 2 or more recently Revenge right of the bat in its first year).

Having seen the most recent episodes, I think they may have finally found that binge-inducing magic and I hope they keep it going and take it to the next level in season 2. Perhaps it's the addition of Alexis, perhaps it's the storylines accelerating toward a season finale climax, but these latest twists and turns which actually make sense (not simply produced out of thin air for the sake of it) and delivered at breakneck speed are finally making the show addictive viewing.

I did not see the re-introduction of Matthew coming (compare that to how the original chose to bring Matthew back), the Adam storyline was hokey until it became the 'Adam' storyline, and how compelling is the battle between Blake and Cristal? The original never went that far (Krystle's regular dramatic departures from the mansion notwithstanding) and I find it fascinating to watch.

Shows like Desperate Housewives and Revenge are known for their sophomore slumps, keeping my fingers crossed that won't be the case here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,321
    The remarkable change in tone in the last third of the season makes me believe the show-runners did not draw up a season-long "Bible" of plotlines and stick to them. The switch seemed to flip right after they received the back-order for the remainder of the season--as if they were suddenly given permission to throw out the plans and cut loose.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,892
    I did like the pilot episode and saw the potential of this remake, unfortunately they didn't deliver in the next episodes. The 80s party was as tacky as the Olde English Fair and to me it seemed as if they were trying a little bit of everything (Claudia, Ted) but the excitement of the first episode was gone.

With Jeff & Fallon's wedding it finally felt as if something big was going on, something they cared about. It didn't look like a bunch of writers having too much fun with themselves.
    It's almost as if the NuDynasty characters took over.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,892
    Was this also the first episode that Blake said "what the devil?" (when Michael showed up and disrupted his tycoon-but-family-man reportage).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Fallon mentioned Jeff standing her up for prom during the Christmas episode which we now know was done to keep her from her cousin. It's never been revealed if Cristal is in the country legally. Now Blake is blackmailing Cristal with the fact that she used an assumed identity which I assume means she Celia Machado could be deported.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,637
    I was hoping that "What The Devil?" be an episode title. With of course Alexis all harsh angles, severe hair and an origami, one shouldered dress in blood red. But, oh well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Grant Jennings

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Before the writers decided to reveal Dominique was Blake's sister, they considered making her Cecil's wife or Kirby's mother. I always thought either of these would be more satisfying than having her be Blake's sister - which also retconned the plot from Blake being a self-made man to having a wealthy father. Millie Colby is both Cesil's wife and Tom Carrington's daughter. I don't think she is Kirby's mother though - that would simply be too much. I don't mind Millie being Tom's daughter this time around as it was established from the beginning that Tom, not Blake, made the family fortune.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,637
    We saw in this episode Blake having his portrait painted. Which reminded me of the original The Colbys. I hope they are smart and get Blake an oil painting of his father Tom that he can talk to/rant at. Do it... Do it now.

Maybe even Alexis painted it? Yes! Do it... Do it now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,892
    And speaking of fortune, where does the Colby fortune come from. I've skipped a few episodes so I don't know what Cesil did for a living, but if they were poor then why did Jeff and Monique hang out with Fallon when they were kids? This is still a little vague to me.
    Millie's mother was Tom's secretary so we know that side of the family wasn't rich.
    But even Alexis knows that she used to be Celia. The theft is probably the bigger crime.

19. Grant Jennings

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Jeff created a computer software program which he sold for a fortune, prior to that the Colby's didn't have any money. Jeff was working for Blake when he created the program so Blake believed he was entitled to a percentage of the profits as it would have been considered his "intellectual property". The fact that Jeff was put through college by the Carrington's and "betrayed" them by doing this was also a sore spot for Blake.

20. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,892
    Yes, but Monique is portrayed as Fallon's friend and I don't mean a friend since "yesterday".
    Maybe this was going on while Jeff was working for Blake, and does this also mean that he's much older than his sister and Fallon?

And why would Blake be the one feeling betrayed when he knew that Jeff was his...eh, half-nephew - someone who was entitled to a part of Tom's fortune?
    Then again, I don't know what the rights of illegitimate children are...

Last edited: May 8, 2018