nuDynasty Episode Chat S1E22 Dead Scratch (The Season Finale)

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by RottenSkipper17, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,328
    I think you are over-thinking Matthew's return. I think he was a delusion of Claudia's from the get-go, and whether or not she locked him in a closet is irrelevant because all of her interactions with him were figments of her imagination. The attendant in the sanitarium was taken by surprise by her fakery because he is likely an orderly who has no medical expertise, and the graphic nature of her "water breaking" was not something he'd ever seen. The ruse obviously worked, because she got out (ghost-Matthew was not actively helping her out of the place and was just "along for the ride," obviously).

• Like Like x 3
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,935
    You don't need medical expertise to understand that a heavily pregnant woman in pain (even if it's faked) may have something to do with the fact that she's about to give birth, or at least needs medical attention because of her condition. But he almost freaked out, like oh my god what's going on here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,328
    "Oh, #$%^, I'm going to get blamed for this, I just know it. And they'll make me clean it up, too. No way am I cleanin' THAT up."

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,935
    Ah well, never underestimate the laziness of the working man.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dw725

Dw725 Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +27
    There has to be more to it though. She didn't know about the wedding. She couldn't get herself out of the sanitarium by herself. She had to have an accomplice. How was she gonna leave the sanitarium? Call an Uber? She doesn't have a phone. Like I commented in another thread, Fallon said she was gonna get her out. maybe fallon did something. And that's why Fallon says OMG at the end, thinking this is all Claudia's doing, thus being Fallon's fault.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  6. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,196
    Yes, and I mentioned this - you can't just walk out of a sanitarium. There's inevitably locked doors and security checks. It's quite inconsequential to distract the attendant (she could just sneak out when he's done doing his round anyway), so how did she get out? There's got to be more to it, then again the original Dynasty wasn't ever huge on details so I guess we can call it an "homage".

7. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,474
    The finale was good, but I kept trying to figure out whom @Willie Oleson is bedding in the new show, since
    (in a thread about S3) and voila, Kirby is a nutcase.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,959
    Oh...I thought everybody knew...

sb03.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,328
    Remind me to add an "Ew, gross" rating icon, because "funny" just doesn't seem to cover it appropriately.

It's sort of a soap opera tradition/trope that mental facilities like Claudia's sanitarium have laughable/non-existent security, so it did not even phase me to see her walk out of that place. Most soap characters who end up in a place like that end up breaking out eventually, and typically with little or no effort. It wouldn't be any fun if they didn't. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Superstar

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,639
    Well I just watched it tonight and I was pretty damn fantastic. I mean there were things that did bug me tone-wise. Cristal's comical war of the roses montage, Fallon's ludicrous takeover of CA, and the most annoying bugbear Jeff and Monica's wardrobe. They just look like Coco and Bobo the Clown. He really wears those highly decorative embroidered suits every day? Really? And then their matching sequin sports wear. HORRIFIC.

But besides all that the episode was brilliant. I loved the catfight, loved the fire and was blown away when Matthew turned out to be a figment of Claudia's imagination. They have made this Claudia so brilliantly bonkers. Yes, she's lost all the subtlety and delicateness of the original but his one is turbo charged and sucking diesel.
    I did wonder if this fire could see Steven disfigured and recast next season but surely not?

The fire really felt epic, it was better than any of the original season finales. It looked so good, and felt very high stakes! Finally! I'm also glad Liam returned.

Next season should be fun with Dominique likely showing up along with Kirby too. This Kirby looks to be nothing like the original and I am so happy about that. The original was a terribly conceived character. A total mess!

Fallon looked really beautiful in that dress, and her hair was gorgeous the way they had it up. I loved that glance she gave over her shoulder to Michael at the wedding. Alexis looked as I'd expect her to look. Slaying for days in that black and white gown and fur.

Now... Can someone start a countdown to season 2?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,469
    I know we've had our differences where Kirby is concerned, but I think now we can agree on one thing about her: the new one looks like she's going to be way better. :D

I've been thinking this for a while: Fallon should wear red more often. While she does look good in a variety of colors, red should become her "go to" color. Kinda like how white was Dominique's "go to."

12. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,639
    I always think red was Fallon's gown colour. The beaded one from he opening credits, the red velvet backless one from The Dinner Party in season 1, and the red maternity gown she wears later when pregnant with LB.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,469
    Don't forget the red flapper dress for the Roaring 20's party at La Mirage. :D But then there's the Carousel Ball where she wore white. Big mistake, she should have worn red. And I believe on THE COLBYS she wore a red evening gown when Jeff was arrested at Sable's art gallery. Can't remember any other red evening gown in S2 of THE COLBYS or in S8, although she did wear that sexy red leather dress in the S9 opener. :D

14. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,639
    Excuse me if I'm being stupid, but I'm not getting the episode title? Aren't the titles all lines from the original show? What's Dead Scratch about?

15. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,959
    At some point in the episode Anders says something to Blake along the lines of "if anyone can start from dead scratch, it's you". I'm familiar with 'starting from scratch' but have never heard of 'dead scratch'.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,639
    I wonder did original Blake say something along those lines on original recipe Dynasty. When he and Krystle were on their honeymoon he talks about giving all his money away and that in a year he would have it all back again, or something like that.

17. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,469
    I remember that, I don't think he ever said the words "dead scratch."

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,328
    "Dead" was tossed in as a synonym for "rock bottom" or "total" scratch, I assumed.

Yes, you were. But how was the episode? :hide:

I kept thinking that thing Monica was wearing was especially inappropriate. Jeff's penchant for technicolor dreamcoats and obnoxious bravado reminds me of George Jefferson, circa 1978.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,639
    The letter T on my keyboard keeps sticking. You can imagine how difficult this post was to type. :D

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Yes, it was on the pilot : "Because if I started from dead scratch tomorrow, I'd have a million dollars by the end of the year and ten million by the year after that."

The only episodes of nu-Dynasty that did not use lines from the original as titles are "A Well-Dressed Tarantula" and "A Line From the Past".

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1