S2E01 Twenty-Three Skidoo

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by tommie, Oct 11, 2018 at 3:00 AM.

1. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    Airs this Friday.

HYPE HYPE HYPE!

2. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    Just a few more hours... :spinning::spinning::spinning::elvis::byebye:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Well, I'm kind of bummed right now. My local CW station has decided to air a local high school football game live in the 7-9pm (Dynasty's and that other show's )time slot. They pushed Dynasty to Saturday night at 8pm. :brick:

What worries me even more is that the local station might make a regular thing out of this, since most high schools in the area have their games on Friday nights. It never even occurred to me that this station could afford to televise a sporting event.

:censer::censer::censer:

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 3
  4. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    I loved it!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Brian Carrington Colby

Brian Carrington Colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Well, the real Cristal made her entrance.... with a twist/homage to the original show I didn't see coming.......

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,878
    Come on, tell us more! What happened?

7. Grant Jennings

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Without giving too much away, there were a couple of Easter eggs that referenced season nine!: "Oops!" and Fallon's erotic shower dream.

8. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461
    There was this sneak peek:

I rather enjoyed how both sides had a point. Neither one was made out to be the villain. Plus it felt like it could be a real argument between a parent and child ("Don't raise your voice to me!" such a stereotypical fatherly thing to say :lol:).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +453
    I'm torn on this show, I was honestly pretty bored throughout a majority of the episode but small things kept me interested.
    I legitimately laughed out loud when Alexis reversed her wheelchair into the table but in general I'm not feeling her character.
    I also enjoyed the throwback to the original with the 20s party but the bigger plot kind of bored me.
    As for the new Cristal, I again like the throwback to the original with a twist but I can't say that cliche storyline is my favourite, you're always waiting for the "dramatic" reveal.

One thing this show has going for it is that unlike the Dallas reboot the writers actually seem to have watched the original so they sprinkle little details in which make an original fan smile with recognition, I can't say it's any more engaging plot-wise than the Dallas reboot though and if they're aiming to hook a new, unaware audience I'm not sure they are succeeding with the strength of the plots and characters. I'm not sure I'd keep watching if it wasn't called Dynasty.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Grant Jennings

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +313
    A couple other spoiler-free details: Fallon's hair is darker (Elizabeth Gillies posted an online poll over the Summer asking what hair color Fallon should have in season two) and she has a different bedroom.

11. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461
    I didn't know that! I would have voted for dark brown too! And I've seen a few clips (haven't been able to watch the full episode yet, d'oh!), she looks much better with darker hair.

I wouldn't be surprised if she occasionally switched rooms, given how many her house has. :lol:

12. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +133
    I didn’t love the time jump as I felt it slowed the episode down, but it picked up towards the end. It just felt like a second or third episode and not a premiere due to that time jump. I loved how the introduced Cristal with the last name Jennings. That’s fun for fans of the original and a nice mystery for new fans. It’s still new but the actress seems more like Cristal should be, at least so far. Hopefully she remains good and doesn’t become a criminal like the other one. I also don’t believe the other Cristal is dead since we didn’t see her die.

One more thing, I need Alexis to get money somehow. Seeing her broke for this long neutered the character. Either have her marry up or something so she can dominate the way she should. Nicolette is great, but Alexis as a grifter is wearing thin.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Tony

Tony Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I instantly like the new Cristal played by Ana Brenda Contreras.

I hope they don't ruin the character and keep her as someone the audience can like and have empathy with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Um, okay... so Michael and Fallon are engaged??? Okay, I didn't see that coming! So is Fallon still in love with him because Michael isn't rich by any means and I don't think she would bother getting engaged to him if it was all about money or is she going to develop feelings for Michael and Liam later on? What is going on?

On the other hand, it won't surprise me if Fallon ends up leaving Michael for Liam or if Michael eventually breaks up with Fallon because he can't take her crap anymore. I really don't see this potential wedding happening at all so why bother with this stupid engagement? Are people even invested in Fallon/Michael anymore?

Why is nuCristal's last name Jennings? I thought she was going to be an immigrant from a Hispanic country... unless maybe she changed it from Flores the minute she arrived to America?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 2:53 PM
  15. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,187
    Just started watching this and I'm sure @Alexis will be pleased that Alexis is wearing a turban!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461
    I'm calling it: Michael gets murdered, and Fallon wants vengeance.

Dude, why the hell does Cristal HAVE to be an immigrant just because she's Hispanic? That was what Celia was. Cristal Jennings could be American-born, or "Jennings" could be her married name (if there's going to be an ex-husband Mark Jennings in this version). When they were going to replace Cristal/Celia, did you really expect them to create an exact replica? Obviously Cristal Jennings is going to be her own character - one who might (and hopefully) be a lot closer to how the original Krystle Jennings was.

17. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461
    Clips!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Ked

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +1,461

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +355
    I hated it :( the only scene I enjoyed was when Hank grabbed Alexis by her neck.