1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

nuDynasty Episode Chat S2E13: Even Worms Can Procreate

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, Feb 9, 2019.

1. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Oops, sorry I did not remember well that storyline ! I guess it's because at that time I thought she was empty and useless and I wanted the character to die ! :D (or to leave)
    Finally, the writers got rid of her the very same year when they gave her some solid storyline to work with... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,859
    Medals:
    But Alexis is an empty and useless character. How would you call this - art imitates art?
    If Alexis was smart she would kill Fallon and Sammy Jo and take over the show.

"Hey guys, I've won tickets for Moldavia's Got Talent but I can't go right now. Here, take it, my treat".

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Luuro

Luuro Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Fallon this entire season has been a gigantic blackhole of screentime. Even the Sammy Jo, Kirby, and Anders stupidity has bright spots but Fallon and her love life simply has no redeeming qualities. I skip through anything that involves her because everything involving her now is uninteresting and unimportant. Steven's actor got downgraded and his character brings more to the table off screen than Fallon does on screen. What's possibly the worst part about all of this is that this love triangle revolves around two men who are just as boring as the other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GillesDenver

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Boring but very hot !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,859
    Medals:
    But as fictional characters they represent absolute nothing. I would not be able to describe their personalities even if my life depended on it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. GillesDenver

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +433
    I would describe them as masochists ! :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,505
    Medals:
    We know a bit more about Michael solely because , as a contract player, he's had more screen time. I feel they've been purposely "holding back" on the development of Liam because they want him to have this "unattainable" quality that would drive Fallon to extremes. The less we know about him, the more likely it is we'll like him (since unflattering aspects of his personality have been kept from us). That big blow-up between Michael and Fallon in this episode allowed them to finally talk about the events that sank their engagement, but having them go right back to bed seemed like the writers did not "really" want them to work out their differences like adults and learn from their failed relationship. Mature adults, I think, would have come to realize that they're better off not romantically involved--because she is so screwed up, and because he doesn't want to be "Mr. Fallon Carrington". I think Michael was fine with being 'the chauffeur having sex with the boss's daughter' but now that he's discovered his own ambitions, he's more likely to want a woman who can support his efforts and put him first--neither of which describes Fallon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,859
    Medals:
    But that describes like, 80 or 90 % of all men. And Fallon is such an extreme and over-the-top character, she could never be someone's wife.
    Therefore I don't find this an unusual or surprising conflict.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +470
    Let's just call a spade a spade. Sorry for writing this here but I simply have to - Fallon is an idiot. She is a terrible childish chick, insecure in every aspect of her stupid life. Yes, her father is a terrible person, her mother was driven away from her life when she was a teenager. That totally screwed her up but she still continues to make stupid choices, act like a shitty little bitch who needs to be slapped as often as possible. Let's just kill her off, dear writers (if you are reading this, you know who you are!). She won't be missed at all and Liz Gillies is not a good actress, her face and voice drive me crazy.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Soaplover

Soaplover Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +222
    I think Liz Gillies has the snarky/snooty tendency that Pamela Sue Martin had in the original series, but she doesn't have the lost little rich girl vibe that Pamela Sue Martin had.. nor the warmth that Emma Samms projected (when the writers actually allowed the character to be sarcastic with an edge again in the final season of the original show).

I think the show runner realized that Fallon was short-changed in the original series by the introduction of Alexis.. and the focus moving to Alexis vs Krystle so the writers are trying to correct that mistake on this version.. yet they've over-corrected andhave made Fallon even more over the top than she was in the first season.. and have not focused at all on Alexis and on the new Cristal (better actress, can play both edge and warmth).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +470
    You are absolutely right @Soaplover. Ana Brenda Contreras is a very solid actress and she is growing on me. I admit that she wasn't my cup of tea when they first introduced her last fall but that's the fault of our beloved writers, the actress had to work with a questionable script. She is a much better actress than our departed Nathalie Kelley (who is such a beautiful woman).

Let's hope they give Nicollette Sheridan some decent dramatic material to work with in those last 9 episodes of the season. And please, give her that much needed boyfriend. Let her have some fun in the bedroom ... she needs that.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    Medals:
    I've liked Ana Brenda for a while now and clearly her telenovela experience is an advantage - I think she really shone in this episode. She's very underrated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. GillesDenver

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +433
    She's a rather good actress, better than Nathalie Kelley, but the writing for her is clearly awful. One minute she is a sort of ridiculous yoga teacher, the minute after she becomes a caricature of superficial bitch. Only her scenes with Fallon and Mark sound true.

14. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,859
    Medals:
    I don't really mind the new kick-ass approach for Fallon, and I liked her war against Jeff (imagine them as a married couple) but it's difficult to integrate such a "comic book" style with a dramatic narrative. Celia was also different from the original Krystle but she was a better soap character, eventhough she was the most hated and critized character when the show started.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Andrew Baker

Andrew Baker Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well that escalated quickly.....

After my list of why I was nearly giving up in the ep. 12 thread I am now excited again for the next episode.

What an ending and feels good to be excited for the next episode. The twist on the original was fantastic and if Mark is departed gives us 2 storylines for the price of 1 (Cristal losing baby off horse and did Alexis kill Mark).

I feel sure it will end up not being Alexis gun that did the damage but that leaves me with other questions..... If Blake's heavy did it then how can Cristal forgive him?

I guess Stephen is now officially missing and a search will now need to be carried out. So many intriguing questions now, where was he and why?

One request for next year..... If we have a dream episode (like Oz this year) then surely Fallon has to go in a spaceship, such a great way to honour the zany story line of the original without making it "real".

• Like Like x 3
  16. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,505
    Medals:
    They also injected a possible, third 'guilty party' via vague talk of Cristal's family being out to get Mark, having worked to split up her marriage to Mark and ruined Mark's soccer career. I confess I missed part of the dialogue where they discussed the circumstances of Celia assuming Cristal's identity, but if she is on the run from them--well, looks like they found her, and perhaps she was as much a target of the gunfire as Mark was. But like I said, I missed the set-up so I could be wrong.

I could also be wrong about my suspicion that Mark is dead. From the way his blood splattered Cristal (some eight or ten feet away) my impression was he was dead before he even hit the ground.

17. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,537
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    Nicollette also did something like that (accidental murder) when she killed Peter Hollister on "Knots"...and it was settled in 5 minutes after her father made her confess. No trial either...

By the way, this whole midseason cliffhanger reminded me of one of those midseason cliffhangers that "Desperate Housewives" did too. Have the WC people ever watched "Knots"...?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    Medals:
    My guess: if it's Cristal's family behind it, Mark WAS the target.

She mentioned that "the car accident wasn't an accident" - well, I imagine Cristal got in the car and the brakes were cut, but it was meant for Mark to get into said car. Oooh, how soapy!

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,859
    Medals:
    But Cristal didn't take Celia's identity. She was working in a clinic using her own name.
    If that's true then I'd love to know why. And why he has to die (now she's with Blake). Does she come from a maffia family? Isn't that something Blake should know - being a super-billionaire and all that.

20. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +754
    I was thinking the same thing. Alexis is going to assume she's responsible but we don't even know if there was a bullet in her gun. Blake is going to feel responsible because he'll assume it was his henchman who shot Mark. After all the finger pointing it will be revealed that it was the Flores family who wanted to keep Cristal and Mark apart.

• Like Like x 1