nuDynasty Episode Chat S2E15: Motherly Overprotectiveness

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017 Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, Mar 22, 2019.

?

Did you enjoy Alexis' fate?

Poll closed Apr 7, 2019.
  1. Yes, it's awesome!

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. No, it's very distasteful

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Don't hate it, but it's too gruesome for my taste

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I don't think Alexis is dead. It's obvious the producers/writers choose the burning face solution to recast the character once Nicolette Sheridan is gone. Alexis will be back in season 3 and then she will have her revenge on son dearest Adam! Adam is a poisonous snake, if Alexis acuses Adam of the burning he could say she's lying and reveal all about Alexis and Hank... So she'll shut up her silicon lips, go for a face reconstruction, maybe Fallon or Blake will pay for the surgery... and she'll be gone... for now.

Couldn't agree more Willie!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Milescolby

Milescolby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Yes: although I did wonder why - apart from keeping to the finale date like last year - after next week we have another break of three weeks or so, especially if we take it (based on the location shooting of the Paris episode in early January) these scenes were perhaps shot about 6-8 weeks ago. She might be back sooner - or maybe, if evidence of her involvement in the Mark Jennings shooting comes to light, she could be under police guard/arrest in hospital while she has facial surgery. A convenient way to keep her out of the action while they recast?

Adam, clearly being as damn good at this as he is, might be able to convince everyone that it was an accident - especially if he is plying something to cause retrograde amnesia (he knows what he's doing with the drugs) - and I like the nod to the actual amnesia in the Fallon recast in OG Dynasty. Assuming that is, of course, what he's doing :confuse:

I'm still shocked though. That was gruesome. I'm liking the new direction over the last episodes but a tad more levity (without reverting to the lame) would be good IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brian Kinney

Brian Kinney Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I think it was smoking hot :cool1 ... And I believe no soap did that before :clap:!

Oh, and Adam... I know I become a fan: super creepy, the KISS just gross.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,879
    Not necessarily. I believe what the writers have created here is a get out of jail card for the character. It's my opinion Nicolette will not be back and a recast is on the cards.

I'll also miss Nicolette. With good writing and great direction she can deliver the goods..think Desperate Housewives. But what occured here was not of her doing. It's clear the writing staff are too focused on creating line after line of witty dialogue rather than something with meaning. What a turnaround from Season 1 and 2 when the head of The CW suggested this season was going to be about exploring the mother/daughter relationship. That ship has sunk.

With a third season approved let's hope the producers are correcting those missteps...the last few episodes have certainly shown this. I have some concerns the writers may have cornered the character of Adam already with his ghastly deed on mother, especially if Alexis survives and returns at a later point, albeit with a new face, voice etc. I wouldn't give on up Steven just yet. I don't believe his role has been recast. I wouldn't be surprised if Steven escapes the mental hospital, learns the awful truth about his mother and goes in search of her. Just when Adam thinks he has it all mother and son return.

One minor issue. Now that Anders knows where Steven is wouldn't it be natural for him to fly to Paris to see him?

• Like Like x 2
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  5. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,144
    Medals:
    And this time it actually makes sense, she wasn't in an explosion like the characters from the classic soaps who were supposed to be burnt from head to toe.
    Of course in reality it's not possible to reconstruct a face damaged by third-degree burn. There are a few things they can do, mostly to make it less painful. But definitely not a new Hollywood face.

Another option is to keep her face mutilated (the actress would wear a mask) and she'd mostly hide it behind dark veils and speak with a very raspy voice.
    Oooh how gothic would that be!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +258
    I just realized, when Steven first left the EP said the character would be back later in the season and that they’d be doing a twist on the story where he exited once the original. I wonder if this truly has been planned and they just allowed Nicollette to say she left on her own. I highly doubt Steven is dead or recast, so I take that statement as a hint that has now come true. Now Alexis can be carted off to recover and return with new face ala Steven on 1.0.

7. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    I still want Kirby to rape Adam. I say make them a psychotic duo. Plus, her raping him would be sort've like a karmic punishment... unless he happens to enjoy it. Which wouldn't be all that surprising. ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brian Carrington Colby

Brian Carrington Colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +134
    Wow!! What an episode!! These last few episodes are a marked improvement over most of Season 2. My one concern is that this show burns through storylines and character development at such a rapid pace, I hope Adam's storyline isn't over in like two episodes. A lot of what was shown, like Adam killing his fake mom, could of lingered a bit and been revealed at a later point. I know they were pressed for time what with Nicollette's exit, but him disposing of Alexis so early seems rushed. As others have pointed out, that makes two Carrington's down in two episodes by Adam's hand. The way we are going who will be left standing by the end of the season!! ???

I don't think Alexis is dead. Such an iconic character to the show being killed off like this makes no sense to me. A recast and overhaul of the character would serve the show better. @Willie Oleson I kinda love your take on how Alexis should return. "One of the world's true natural beauties" (as Dominique once stated on Classic Dynasty) now scarred and hideous, forced to live in the shadows, out for revenge against her son. That could be amazing to watch. Though I hate to say it but they will probably do the expected and when Alexis does return she will look different, but look stunning with her new face.

With Alexis exiting the show in such a manner, it makes sense how the casting of Dominique Devereaux was announced this week. I just hope and pray that more thought is put into Dominique's entrance to the show. I hope that the character has weight, and is not a parody for the sake of putting a new spin on the character like they did with Alexis. Diahann Carroll wanted Dominique to be the first "Black Bitch on Television." I hope new Dynasty lives up to that promise!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,598
    Medals:
    I'm still kind of disturbed by how they did this to Alexis. It's sort of understood in broadcast TV that lower-rated shows tend to get more of a pass when staging graphic scenes like that, but it was still too much for an 8pm show.

In an article on NS's departure, a writer for TVLine.com seems to believe that Adam did what he did to Alexis because she failed a "test". The writer says that Adam confronted Alexis with the truth about Hank, and offered up his evidence (or what he said was the evidence) in the hope that she would come clean to everyone. The writer claims that Adam obviously hates being lied to and "values the truth", which is why he killed his mother-figure Theresa in the wake of her telling him who he is. When Alexis gladly started burning the evidence and calling it a chance to start fresh, she "failed his test".

https://tvline.com/2019/03/23/dynasty-nicollette-sheridan-final-episode-recast-season-2/

I'm not sure I subscribe to this mode of thought, mostly because the idea that he only does heinous things to those who aren't honest doesn't jive with how he treated Steven. Of all people who didn't deserve that kind of mind-games, it's Steven. Also, the awful things he did to Steven involved a long, drawn-out plan, while the attack on Alexis looks to be more spur-of-the-moment. I don't see how he could have known she would be burning the Hank files at the very moment he showed up.

I guess Adam could stage the situation to make it look accidental--like she fell while leaning over to put the papers in the fireplace. Of course he would make sure enough of the papers survived the fire for the family to piece together her role in Hank-Gate (especially the bit of paper Adam handed her, which could have been one of many copies). That would cause enough of a stink among the family that they would not look too closely at the circumstances of her "accident".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,879
    I agree Willie. If the producers decided on a recast and the new actress turned up without a scratch I think it would be major turnoff for most viewers, especially me. Years of watching classic soaps has trained us not to believe the miraculous skills of plastic surgeons, it's just not possible and I'm in no mood to suspend belief anymore. I'd prefer the recast but Alexis 3.0 should be encased in hideous scarring and as you suggested hidden behind a veil. To top it off she has to use an Electrolarynx device. This would add to the overall darker themed Dynasty I'm enjoying.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,144
    Medals:
    Yeah, I can't stop thinking about it.

What I fear the most is that Fallon is going to overshout everything thus killing all the drama and suspence.
    If the UFO arrived yesterday it wouldn't be soon enough:lol:

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Milescolby

Milescolby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Exactly. Also, I can’t remember what happened to her ‘suicide note’ - it’s possible I guess if that surfaces it might be viewed as a suicide attempt.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,598
    Medals:
    I started to suggest Adam found it somehow and left it at the scene, but it would involve a lot more 'suspension of disbelief' than even a Dynasty fan could tolerate.

So it will likely happen. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +802
    This is my take on Adam's internal monologue regarding Steven:

He's an impostor, no better than Hank. The bastard son of a servant who has the gall to call himself a Carrington. When I suggest some rest and relaxation he decides we should fly to Paris (first class, of course) and stay in the Carrington apartment. He doesn't belong here. I do.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,144
    Medals:
    By sticking her head in a fireplace? That's a pretty hardcore suicide!

Fallon: "I guess she couldn't find the oven!"
    Blake: "Anders, could you please open a window or something, it smells like burnt hairspray"

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 8
  16. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +6,833
    Medals:
    Love it. I'd be down for that.

ale.jpg

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +666
    What an ending :eek::eek:

On a different note, was anyone else surprised to see Jeff Colby completely fine as if nothing happened a few episodes ago? Did I miss his recovery? I'll be the first to admit I don't pay that much attention to the Colbys so I wouldn't be surprised if I did miss a scene.

18. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,223
    Medals:
    OMFG! I wrote this! I want my money bitches! They stole my Lindsey Blaisdel rejuvanique mask revenge saga!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
  19. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,144
    Medals:
    I meant mask as in "fake face" that the actress would use, it would be easier than doing hours and hours of burnt flesh make-up. There's a difference.
    But hey, I'm an easy guy, you can get your money.
    Incidentally, as of today I happen to be Lorimar Dallas' legal representation something, and it pains me to inform you that all Dynasty DVDs and memorabilia have to confiscated from each and every household because of plagiarism something. It's now officially illegal to watch Dynasty or to possess Dynasty related articles, objects etcetera.
    I'll keep my own DVDs because it's evidence. And also my Dynasty book with pretty pictures.

Oh and you also have to remove your signature gif, it reminds Lorimar of Dynasty and your user name is also no longer acceptable.
    I'll take it all away from you. Everything!

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. xab

xab Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +164
    I'm not sure turning the comedy into the "Tales from the crypt" makes it less cartoonish...
    Does a shocker here and there makes a good writer?
    I hope we won't be served some unrealistic and dumb stuff a la Margaret Michaels or Jack Coleman... You never recover from a burned face.
    But well I guess they have a long coma yo think about it...
    In 2019 you can transplant faces as any other organ... That would be a better option than a soapy classic plastic surgery ...
    I don't post the face of this guy before the surgery ( it may be difficult to watch for sensitive people) but the result is amazing...
    For the record the very first face transplantation was made in France. The patient was a woman : Isabelle Dinoire.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 3