nuDynasty Episode Chat S2E15: Motherly Overprotectiveness

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Avery Merry Christmas, Mar 22, 2019.

?

Did you enjoy Alexis' fate?

Poll closed Apr 7, 2019.
  1. Yes, it's awesome!

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. No, it's very distasteful

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Don't hate it, but it's too gruesome for my taste

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,137
    Medals:
    A face transplant would be a good justification. Especially since the Carringtons are rich enough to afford it. I think it would be interesting if Alexis did return with a new face (aka a different actress), that for her first few appearances, her head is mostly wrapped in bandages, and when they finally come off, her face still has traces of scars and stitching. That sort of thing would fit the show's darker tone, having a scar-faced mother out for revenge.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. xab

xab Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Yes... I do hope she'll have long term sequelae, scars or whatever... Jack Coleman's baby face was beyond ridiculous...

Hey!! Wait a sec... Maybe Robert Englund is available? He would be such a perfect fit... :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Wintry North Poleson

Wintry North Poleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,230
    Medals:
    If it's going to be a choice between Comedy Dynasty and Horror Dynasty then I'd choose the latter. It's probably not what great soap is all about - a soap can incorporate different genres (and adjust them to soap standards) but it usually never becomes a genre.
    Knots Landing could be quite spooky sometimes, but it was always so f**king brilliant.

Ironically, if they had developed these NuDynasty characters in a way that made me care for them then I think this would have been too much.
    But they're not great soap writers, therefore - by default - it becomes exciting to watch.
    I don't like any of these characters and I don't care what happens to them and I had no plans to watch it ever again - but when I watched that clip I thought this was something that had to be seen.
    It's the difference between "so bad it's bad" and "so bad it's good".
    Who knew that Krystle & Alexis would be the first ones to get the recast treatment? But I like this Adam & Alexis stuff better than the hokey replacement of Cristal #1, and they gave Adam a spectacular introduction, the first NuDynasty character with a good start. Could he be the answer to all our problems?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Avery Merry Christmas

Avery Merry Christmas Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,268
    Medals:
    If Adam is going to go around doing all these drastic things, he had better plan on getting what he wants very quickly. I think they left Steven's fate up in the air that way just to lead us to think Adam had gotten away with that one. I guess if Alexis dies he will continue on without suspicion. If she ends up in a coma then he has bought some time. Still, i
    f Steven and Alexis have survived, there's two key family members who can reveal his insanity/sociopathy and end the whole thing at any time.
    Adam had better act fast to get whatever it is he is after--which, I don't think they've really clarified just yet. He says he wants one thing, then does something that says otherwise.

I would consider it a major loose end that Blake and/or Anders didn't express an interest in going to see Steven (at least in this episode), but of course they need to keep Adam's secrets from the major players for a while longer. I assume Adam will somehow convince them against seeking contact with Steven when/if they suggest it. I worry that Sam (who has no blood connection to the Carringtons) might be on Adam's 'silence' list if he expresses continuing interest in going to visit his husband.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    Though Sam has no blood connection it was at Fallon's request he stay at the house of Carrington because she considered Sam a brother. I do however agree on your point regarding Sam's appetite (pun intended) wishing to visit his husband in Paris without having prior knowledge of Adam's bent ways - which could put Sam in harm's way. That said. The way Adam locked lips with Fallon it wouldn't surprise me if he made a move on Sam....with or without his consent. That would be a ballsy move for the writers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    I think this is where the writers will need to step up their game and create a clever, mind-bending story involving Alexis. Any attempt at having Alexis (Nicolette) in bandages and then when they are removed it's revealed to be a new polished actress will cheapen the series.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Carrington Lover

Carrington Lover Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2
    agreed. they already said Nicholette was leaving for personal reasons. I was wondering how they would write her out and still allow for miraculous 'plastic surgery' for a new actress. This was brilliant (and a little shocking). I hope it's somebody really great!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Carrington Lover

Carrington Lover Soap Chat Newbie

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2
    yes. Although as soaps usually work her recovery will be miraculous and the new actress' face will be perfect. can't wait!

9. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +618
    The writers will probably employ a nice time jump between seasons 2 and 3. Alexis is going to spend a very long time recovering from this and healing the scars / reconstructing her face. Nicollette is probably done for good with this show. She was presumably unhappy with the way they created and wrote for her character. And she was always vocal about these things on Knots Landing and Desperate Housewives so I guarantee you that she was very loud and opinionated on Dynasty as well. Producers and writers usually hate this type of actor.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. The Holiday Whore

The Holiday Whore Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,912
    Medals:
    I'm kind of still reeling from this. I haven't watched the episode yet, I kind of gave up somewhere early in season 2. Maybe episode 5? On the one hand it's utterly amazingly soaptastic. I am kind of reminded of Return To Eden's crocodile mauling. It's that same kind of gruesomely shocking. Had this version of Dynasty been more successful it would have actually been equal to those big '80s watercooler moments. It's a flash of genius and a clever way to deal with Sheridan's departure. I buy it! However, the show isn't that big, and it's also not been that dark previously. This truly dark and devious thing doesn't sit well with all the frivolity and clueless jibber jabber from Fallon and Sam Jo and the rest of the overgrown vocal fry tweenies. It's not quite right. I can see that they were aiming maybe for something a bit Desperate Housewives with it too, but then nuDynasty just doesn't have the heart of that show, or the undercurrent of darkness that had always been there beneath the white picket façade.

It's almost like the show is two shows at once. It makes mistakes and when it does and something isn't working it just hits the reset button. I just wish the dialogue wasn't so juvenile and Fallon wasn't the wisecrack queen. The new Crystal just didn't do it for me either. Then they go and do this, something so shocking and terrible but yet so must watch. I don't know what to think. I don't know if I should go back and watch the rest of the season or not. It's been such a mess.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. The Holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,912
    Medals:
    Well this Alexis just wasn't a strong character. She didn't even seem that clever or interesting or mysterious. Maybe she just wasn't up for playing Edie Britt again. It's a shame the direction they took Alexis in. They actually had a strong actress in a very weak role.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Wintry North Poleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,230
    Medals:
    Oh yes, absolutely.
    I find it so frustrating. We all know how lame O.Dynasty could be, but this is far more extreme. The good stuff is awesome, the bad stuff is downright unwatchable.
    Yesterday I watched episode 12 (Filthy Games) and it was so awful I just wanted to cry. All that instagram nonsense (Sam and Kirby, of course!) and I used to like NuSammy Jo for being such a nitwit but that doesn't work when the storyline itself is stupid too.
    I don't mind the odd light-hearted moment here and there, but does it really have to be so childish? It's almost as if they want me to hate it.

And then in the next episode Mark Jennings shows up and it becomes fabulous soap again!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. The Holiday Whore

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,912
    Medals:
    Yes, totally. After finding out about Alexis' fireplace facial I had to go back and watch from where I last watched. It turned out I had watched up to episode 10 of season 2. So I have been binging tonight and it's just so frustrating. It really does feel like two shows. One a bit of a tweeny Disney thing and the other a classic soap. They don't work together. I think the light hearted silly stuff is just absolutely dire and made for people with no intelligence or any attention span at all. Who ever is behind the stuff about Instagram and the ski trip shit needs to be fired. It's horrendous! Also I am so sick of them all singing. It's not the f**king Partridge Family! Once was enough.

I was surprised Tony shows up and he's just not in any way as hot as he should be, but then he shows up in the same episode we get Mark Jennings and he's gorgeous. Well until what I believe is his face is splattered all over Crystal #2. I did like Alexis' intended suicide goes wrong spin on the gun shot/fall from horse scenario. However I am sure there is more obnoxiously silly braindead crap ahead. Most scenes with Fallon the dialogue is just so cringeworthy fake. Like nobody ever speaks like that in real life. Nobody has a wisecrack answer for everything everyone says. It makes my balls ache!

I have come to the unfunded and nonsensical conclusion that this version of Alexis is just a way for the Shapiros to get revenge on the character for how successful Joan Collins made her. She became bigger than both of them. This is their perverse illogical revenge. This Alexis is no threat to them. I know it makes no sense, but neither does the show so I'm fine with it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Wintry North Poleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,230
    Medals:
    Just finished episode 13 - awesome! I loved that moment when Cristal talked about Alexis being such a rotten person and then Fallon started to cry.
    Wow, Cristal totally had the upper hand here, I'm beginning to like her.
    Only 10 seconds of Kirby, let's upgrade it to 5 seconds. Better still, Netflix should allow us to install a pop-up blocker.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Wintry North Poleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,230
    Medals:
    "But we'll always have Paris"
    [​IMG]

I LOVE this guy!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Wintry North Poleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,230
    Medals:
    Alexis is also repsonsible for Mack's death. Weak character or not, she's done some terrible things, Can't wait to see her comeuppance.
    Blake & Cristal are The Sopranos now? Interesting...

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    That's a stretch...but also believable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. ABrown

ABrown Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +65
    OMG, what is that image? It that actually from the show?

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Wintry North Poleson

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +21,230
    Medals:
    I'm going to nominate Steven's last words "Chee...rio" as NuDynasty's funniest moment.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Taking a look at IMDb I see we have a "new" Alexis to replace Nicolette Sheridan...

[​IMG]

Well, it's a "burned Alexis"... Like Pam Ewing in season 11, Amy Sutherland will appear covered in bandages and unable to speak. Alexis is not DEAD, but to those fans that say she could tell everybody what Adam did to her I think maybe she's too scared to talk. Who knows? We've seen what newAdam is capable of, he's a dangerous deadly viper, I see Alexis lying in the floor, suffering an unbearable pain after being burned and Adam telling "Do you feel the pain, mother? That's nothing if you dare to tell what happened tonight... Hush Hush".

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2