S2E17 How Two-Faced Can You Get

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, Apr 20, 2019.

?

Is this recast real, or a dream?

Poll closed May 5, 2019.
  1. Real

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Dream

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Dunno

14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,895
    Medals:
    Description: "Fallon's acquisition of a new publishing company brings an unexpected person from her past into the fold, forcing her to deal with the emotional and financial ramifications; Blake is suspicious when a disgruntled Jeff shows up."

Darn it all! I thought this episode was not going to air until 4/26, so I didn't tune in at 8pm. I picked it up at 8:30 when I happened to be flipping through channels.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 2
  2. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,272
    I have not watched live TV in decades--I program things on TIVO, and when some shows just pile up without me going through them, I delete the onepass. Most cable companies' boxes do give you some option to watch it on demand though--or the website itself maybe.

3. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,895
    Medals:
    I'll live...:NI: But a synopsis-type post is not going to happen for the spoiler-whores out there.....:fist:

(Oops, sorry about that. A stream of expletives is not out of the question)

Another episode, another party.....this time, the soccer team is at Club Colby. And of course soccer players are so well-behaved and reserved when there's an open bar and Adam is cleaning up their drug tests. No wonder Jeff referred to Adam as "Blake's bitch".

Liam's book is about....his romance with Fallon. Awwww......and he hasn't spoken to Ashley in weeks.

"Femperial"??? I guess calling her publishing house "La Mirage" was too much to hope for.

But Jeff having his office painted was apparently NOT too much to ask. I like this...

Alexis's bandages came off. I do NOT like this. (Understatement of the Century) Was that Nicollette's voice, or was I hallucinating as I lost consciousness?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    a fancy apartment off the boulevard St. Michel
    Ratings:
    +20,156
    Medals:
    Gasp! Again! Is it happening this week?
    :huh:
    Uh-oh...should we be afraid?

5. Daniel Avery

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,895
    Medals:
    Yes, we should. Especially if we fear being hit by rotten vegetables being tossed at TV sets across the nation/world.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Education
    Ratings:
    +149
  7. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I haven’t watched this yet, but I was happy to see we’re at least getting four episodes in a row. The scheduling this season has been pretty bad. I’m hoping they just run it through from this point on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brian Carrington Colby

Brian Carrington Colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +134
    The final scene: Alexis' bandages removed and her new face revealed........

Shark, you have officially been jumped........

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +477
    I vomited so hard after the last scene ... Nicollette just threw her SAG Award at the TV.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,149
    Too funny. But yes that was her voice. However, it wasn't the voice which had me transfixed but the Special Guest star named in the closing credits. Talk about tongue in cheek...but did the producers go too far?

I'll keep the final moments private until most soapchaters come on board after viewing the latest installment. Overall I thought this was a good episode. Despite the characters being in different situations (or parties in this regard) I thought it flowed rather well.

Just a minor thing I noticed. It would have helped if the casting director had not employed such tall actors to play Culhane and Jeff. Blake appears to diminish in stature when talking to those two characters.

And Bo made an appearance. I'm happy :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,149
    YES!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. xab

xab Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +200
    20190420_113149.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. JamesF

JamesF Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I'm surprised by how repulsed I am by the reveal, even though I knew it would be one of the options on the table...

I enjoyed the original but I don't have a particular emotional or nostalgic connection to it. I also have been happy to take the current show for what it is and just sort of raise an eyebrow at some of the choices and wonder what the hell is going on behind the scenes.

BUT... I can't believe that the show has managed to find a way for the Alexis character to be ridiculed even further. I'm sort of second hand offended for Nicolette, second hand embarrassed for the writers, a bit morally affronted for women over 50. There are complex emotions going on here.

I also don't understand how the show can make a long term story out of this. Every bit of dramatic potential built up from the shooting, Adam's burning Alexis and the imminent arrival of Dominique is just pissed away. Why bother winking to the original with the poison paint story and then shove a middle finger to it with the Alexis twist?

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. Milescolby

Milescolby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Was it though? Or maybe a sound-alike? I saw the comments on here before I saw the scene and I found myself thinking when I did watch it (while I don't like it at all) it was done better than I expected. They actually managed I thought to make her look a bit like a middle-aged woman who'd had pretty drastic cosmetic surgery. I'm just wondering how they will sustain this (the dubbed voice, the extra hours in make-up) for however many episodes, and how they're going to 'reverse' it - assuming they do...though having done what (hopefully) may be stage 1 of a change, it does give more options for an actual recast: i.e. the longer-term Alexis need not be a NS look-a-like. There will still need to be enough Alexis-isms in her mannerisms etc to make sense that it's the same character.

It may have made more sense to get her banged up (wrongfully?) convicted of Jennings' murder to get NS out of the picture and then recast when she's released from prison. I guess doing it this way feeds into the Adam story. Just a shame they've thrown away the drama of that incident, or so it appears.

Interesting too how she didn't react when she saw her new face that there was too uncanny a resemblance. It will make everyone else's reactions interesting...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +392
    And I thought Pam's dream in Dallas was the worst plot decision of television history...
    New Alexis reveal is :fp: and embarrassing.

Stupidity has reach a new level, and I really don't know how Peach Dynasty can recover from this decision. At this point they would better kill Alexis off.
    Anyway, they have already killed my enthusiasm and i'm really not waiting for next episode.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  16. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I thought this was a strong episode. I even accepted the ridiculous downplaying of Alexis’ accident. The special touch of Nicollette doing the voiceover made it even better...until the reveal. I love all the Easter eggs, but Krystle and Rita is a storyline I had no interest in revisiting. I can only imagine a switch is in store. One positive is that I hope using Nicollette’s voice means another fake out in terms of recast and next year they bring Nicollette back. There are no stakes on this version so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s back to the status quo in season three.

Just a shame because they were continuing the trend of developing the characters as well as keeping the story moving. I’ve been loving Adam, Jeff, Cristal and her family drama, Fallon feeling isolated from Blake and also the return of Liam. That ending instead of making me excited for next week, caused me to groan.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  17. Luuro

Luuro Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +31
    This show tries way too hard to be funny when it's the opposite of that. I can't believe they're still continuing with this despite the low ratings and nobody having a single good thing to say about any of these episodes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. xab

xab Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +200
    And we thought the Colby's UFO was ridiculous...

Once again it's beyond ridiculous, beyond camp.... A twist for the sake of twist. Back to 1983... You've been burned to hell, but once your bandages are removed three weeks later you're baby-and- smooth face again... It's more than unrealistic... It's Tex Avery.

And no scars of course (scars are for poor people, I guess?) ... Let alone the facial skeleton and muscles which can't fit enough to get a Fallon look alike... etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

I don't mind a touch of fantasy, it's Dynasty after all. But I DO mind being taken for a complete fool.
    Even the original Rita storyline was more believable...

N'importe quoi.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Education
    Ratings:
    +149
    I had to keep tight-lipped earlier. I made the mistake of checking out twitter prior to watching the episode.

In any case, my partner and I have been rewatching the O.C. and stopped to watch the current episode of Dynasty. He just hates the O.C. and gave the suggestion of us rewatching original Dynasty instead. I hadn't decided yet. So, on to the new episode we went. He gave me one of Fallon's famous eye rolls when it was revealed that Alexis now has Liz's face. I mean, I know we all chatted about the ridiculousness of THAT possibility, but never in a million years did I think they would actually go that route or that FAR. One can only hope this was done to add more time and suspense to an actual recast. But - how much more time can viewers be given before we actually get to see some signs of the true Alexis we had become accustomed to in the original? We're now winding down the second season and the character of Alexis has been here since mid-season 1 and has been wasted all this time already. Furthermore, I previously stated that I could only handle so much Liz monopoly on the show. IF the show decides to have Liz continue to portray Alexis, does that set up the show to actually "kill off" Fallon for a period of time like originally Dynasty did when PSM left? Is the show taking PSM's comments about how once Alexis arrived, it really did diminish her character of Fallon literally by actually forcing their main actress to focus more on the role of Alexis now? I'm still holding out hope that this is only a temporary setback and that we will still get an Alexis recast, but my overall hope for the show is fading fast. I also wanted to add that in the era of so many divas and bitches on television now compared to the 80's, I find it odd that NuDynasty still can't choose an actress to fulfill the role of Alexis nor write better material for the character.

I mean, really. What the hell is going on here?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +392
    I can't get over Alexis new face. It's so creepy to look at. I mean, I get they want to make Liz older, but the result is so fake (à la "Weird Al Yankovic") with this make up and prosthesis.

[​IMG]

Yeah, maybe Peach Dynasty is not a reboot anymore. But a parody.

• Agree Agree x 6