S2E17 How Two-Faced Can You Get

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, Apr 20, 2019.

?

Is this recast real, or a dream?

Poll closed May 5, 2019.
  1. Real

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Dream

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Dunno

14 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,048
    Medals:
    Yes, I still love that scene... :D:D:D

2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,141
    A shame really. He has been the one bright spark in this mess but I thought he was a bit weak in this episode...perhaps poor direction.

3. Milescolby

Milescolby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Wow, she would be superb! Thanks for this, and note the LG connection too! Sadly her iMDB page suggests she is pretty busy right now :(

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,141
    So regardless of chatter whether Nicolette will return to the role or not, what lies in store for Alexis now? Where do we go from here? Liz will need to be on her game to pull off the dual role. She has to encompass the mannerisms of Nicolette's version of Alexis to some degree. There is still the matter of the fortune teller. It was clear in this latest installment Jeff has overplayed his relationship with Adam.

I suspect Jeff becomes a little whacky doodle from the paint and falls for Alexis (Liz). The guy has always had a thing for Fallon so why not the next best thing? Jeff and Alexis marry, he dies and Alexis becomes Queen Diva of Atlantic by next episode.

5. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +392
    Will Jeff fall for Falexis or Alexon ? that's the only question that maters now.

6. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,048
    Medals:
    I'm just sitting back and waiting for the train crash to settle. Once Season 3 is over, I'm hoping that's it. Not unless some kind of miracle happens for this show, unlikely as that is...

7. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,716
    Medals:
    I missed the episode. I had to go get a hamburger.

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. thomaswak

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +392
    Actually, I really enjoy the show. The latest episodes gave me hope they were heading in the right direction.
    But the Double Gillies is way too much for me. I'm kind of easy, and I could apologize the show all its flaws. But Falexis/Alexon (or whatever the name you can give to that mess) got me kind offended. That's the very first time I felt the writers were giving me an actual middle finger. What a weird feeling...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ferdnand Colby

Ferdnand Colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Well... the Alexis reveal was so over-the-top that we all forgot, or at least not talk, about another stupid plot... even in the 80s... lead paint poisoning? Seriously?

I'm afraid we're gonna see next, on Dynasty, all the Carringtons, Flores, Colbys, and maybe the Atlantix's Atlanta Soccer Team being abducted by aliens in the middle of Alexis crowning moment in Moldavia (this time in South America) right after recently found Amanda weds to Prince Miguelito...

Damn... headaches happening...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. thomaswak

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +392
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Ferdnand Colby

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +70
    And no credits to Bo the Dog.
    This is unfair, how dare you guys...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,048
    Medals:
    Yep! You're welcome! :D I almost wish they just cast her to begin with...

Don't take away my hope... :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,881
    Medals:
    I must say, I've developed a pretty thick-skinned tolerance of crazy shenanigans on soaps over thirty-plus years. But I'm at a loss about this thing with Alexis. As I mentioned weeks ago when the suggestion came up, I assumed they would not go this route because even a teen-aged fan fic writer could recognize this is not a sustainable plot development. A quick masquerade as someone else via costume or mask is not a big deal, but permanently changing Alexis's face means you are making a permanent investment in her new look. When daytime soap characters gain a doppelganger through plastic surgery (that is, an actor is asked to play dual roles) the 'fake' one always ends up dead. Dynasty's producers have a track record of killing off "mistakes" they make, and frankly this mistake is one for the record books. But killing off Alexis would be greater heresy than when they killed off Cristal...because they somewhat redeemed themselves by immediately installing ReplacementCristal.

I certainly do hope this isn't what it seems, that there is an explanation they've dreamed up that will rectify this soon enough. But the list of "ridiculous mistakes" keeps getting bigger and harder to explain, much less understand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. thomaswak

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +392
    This idea was so stupid (well, beyond stupid), I even would accept/swallow that it was a bad dream, in next episode. Even if i think that "dreams" are really lame plot devices.

15. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,881
    Medals:
    I would welcome the whole dream idea, only who would be having the dream? I don't think Alexis is aware that Adam wanted the plastic surgeons to turn her into Fallon 2.0.

Oh, it just occurred to me: Fallon always dismissively refers to Crsital Jennings as "New Cristal" and "Cristal 2.0" to her face...so now Cristal Jennings can refer to Fallon as "Fallon #1", "Little Fallon", "Fallon the Younger," "OG Fallon" or something similar in response.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. thomaswak

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +392
    Adam would be the one dreaming of this result, as he surely gave Fallon's photo to the nurse, as a reference.
    And he will be kind of upset when the real reveal ends up to be Elizabeth Not Gillies Hurley :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Ferdnand Colby

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Just wondering, where exactly would be the point where this 'Pam's dream' started?

Watching previous episodes, I'd like to keep Original Cristal alive, but without all Celia's drama... I think some plots were interesting in the beginnings but forgotten really fast, and, well, filled with crap to the point there's no shark to jump anymore... now it's like Evil Twin Sharknado, with champagne

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. thomaswak

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +392
    IMO, recasting Cristal, getting rid of Steven, were mistakes. Hard ones. Recasting Alexis with Gillies is an unforgivable one.
    I think Nathalie Kelley was really growing on most of us (again, the main problem imo was not the actress, but how they wrote Cristal)
    Ana Brenda Contreras is sweet. But she doesn't have the chemistry Nathalie and Grant shared onscreen

Steven and Sam never had "sexual" chemistry. But i could "buy" that they loved each other.
    Anyway, original Steven was relevant, because he was gay, and it was a real taboo at the time. (Al Corley left when they made him "straight")

In 2019, being gay on TV is not really a big deal anymore. So Nu Steven should have been something else. Maybe a real bisexual guy. Or a straight guy/womanizer that is overcompensating an unwelcome attraction to a man (Sam) Actually, i would have taken the things the other way. Bisexuality is not a big deal either, but it could create drama between Steven and Sam. But, it's way too late now to change all of this.

I think a dream sequence should cover the shorter time possible, to be bearable. So, imo, the dream should start just right before Falexis/Alexon

19. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,048
    Medals:
    They somewhat justified ReplacementCristal by making her the "real" Cristal. The Cristal from Season 1 was actually Celia. The Cristal from Season 2 is Cristal Jennings, thus closer to the original Krystle.

Actually, I thought up a possible scenario: Alexis actually *doesn't* look like Fallon. Adam only saw what he *wanted* to see.

• Like Like x 1
  20. thomaswak

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +392
    Do you think Fallon will roll her eyes and say "are you kidding me ?" when she meet Falexis/Alexon in next episode ?

• Agree Agree x 2