1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S2E20: New Lady In Town

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, May 10, 2019.

?

which one is the best smash hit?

Poll closed May 22, 2019.
  1. Message To My Girl by SPLIT ENZ

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Down Under by MEN AT WORK

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,934
    I think they're making Blake/Cristal kind of boring as they build up to the revelation that Cristal has been engineering this entire plot from the get-go.

It occurs to me that Cristal was the one who gave Blake the idea to open a soccer franchise. She made it seem like it was his idea, of course, but she went above and beyond the make the team/stadium happen, all while claiming she wanted nothing to do with her evil father and shady family. She even enlisted Sam to drug the chauffeur and vandalize the car to make everyone think the feud between the Floreses and the Carringtons threatened to destroy the Carringtons. So then she brokered a truce (for a conflict she made an effort to gin up), then helped Blake get gambling legalized in Georgia to "grease the wheels" for her family to get their hooks into the team. During all this she was Blake's right arm, despite having said for so long that she wanted nothing to do with shady goings-on involving her family. She claimed to be a worker at a health spa yet had all these skills in...other areas. You never knew just what clever idea she'd come up with next to help Blake get what he wanted.

After Michael confessed to her that he had a bunch of dirt on Blake, the State Senator lady miraculously arrived wearing a wire, and Blake's now under arrest, while Cristal's role in the caper is conveniently not mentioned. So now the team is without a General Manager/Owner to run day-to-day operations (he's under arrest) and who would be the logical person to run things in his absence? Why, Cristal of course. And if the FBI or whoever starts applying pressure, she could "accidentally" reveal too much information and send Blake up the river for good (and end up with immunity from prosecution for her trouble).

I would not be surprised if she set Blake up to get arrested and has been playing him all along. The plan: manipulate Blake to spend all the money to start up the team, and the Flores family can reap the rewards (via online gambling, among other questionable pursuits). Her interactions, not only with Blake but with Sam, Michael, even Fallon and Steven have been all over the place (or at least seemed to be). Of course such a revelation would severely curtail Cristal's stay on the show, but I've never seen a soccer team as a long-term family business anyway.

2. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,833
    I never understood this fixation on a soccer team. Such a bizarre concept idea for Peach Dynasty. Couldn't they have used the NFL as a backdrop for the gambling story?

3. Rove

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,833
    Would be an odd idea as Cristal 2.0 could be cornered character wise. But then weirder things have happened in this reincarnation. Perhaps Cristal 2.0 gets caught out and is packed off to prison. As she is being stripped search during her incarceration another woman is collecting her belongings and signing documents upon her release. As she finally walks through the last gate the Prison Guard calls out, "Keep out of trouble Krystle." And that's Krystle with a K.

:Clol:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Brian Carrington Colby

Brian Carrington Colby Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I completely agree with you @Rove. I take it one step further tho, what is this show's obsession to take two strong female characters, Alexis and Dominique, strip them of their power, and basically make them caricatures of their former selves?

I think this destruction of these two characters reveals the psyche behind CW Dynasty: anyone over 3o years of age is damaged, amoral, a failure (be it as a person or financial, or both), not to be trusted, and these "older" character's sole purpose on the show is to highlight how they do nothing but make all the twenty-something's lives oh so "horrible." As well, it is important on CW Dynasty to show the two main over 30 mothers (Alexis and Dominique) as financially poor, while all the twenty-somethings (except poor Kirby, but even she is heading on up in Fallon's new company, that is if the character ever shows up again!! Even Sam, who is not even a part of the Carrington family anymore, is living it up in style because Fallon just can't bare to let him go) are all mega-rich, so that the mothers can be portrayed as failures in life and money grubbing hags only after their rich kid's money!! How horrible for those poor kids!!!! Why won't their bad mothers just love them for themselves??? Eye roll.....

I just find it sooooooo unoriginal and just bad writing that NuDominique is pretty much a copy of NuAlexis in tone, style, and where she is in life. NuDominique's purpose on this show is nothing more than to make her kid's lives miserable, take them for their money, dress garishly, throw out a bitchy comment here or there, and in three episodes she will be written out so that some other mature character can be introduced and pretty much fulfill the same function for one of the other 20-something characters.

The underlying point of this show is that it is not being made for anyone over 30 years of age. I am finding it all wearing so thin as the second season ends because this nonstop theme of evil parents ruined our lives is just tired. The show needs to move beyond this, and actually develop the more mature characters into actual characters!!

I will say though, I very much like Michael Michele as NuDominique. I just wish the material benefited her talents.

End of rant!!

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Rove

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,833
    No argument from me here. I suspect the only reason for Blake, Alexis and Dominique's inclusion in Peach Dynasty is so those 20 somethings can moan about the lack of parental guidance growing up. Poor, poor me. The parents were out building a dynasty while the kids enjoyed every comfort afforded to them. Fallon plays dress-ups like she is still 14, yet we are expected to take her seriously as some modern, savvy business woman?

At least back in the day Lucy from Dallas got off her backside and worked to prove herself.

6. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,186
    I think it would be the loveliest and most genuine relationship of this series - and I mean that.
    He and Nicolette looked great together, why couldn't she be Cristal?

7. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Addict EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    Sam Underwood is amazing. I love him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,186
    This was an entertaining episode with a nice cliffhanger. Fallon (and Romeo Van Romeo, haha!) has achieved nothing, only that Adam hates her even more now. Good!
    I think this is the first time we see the front outside of Jeff's mansion? I wish the interior looked bigger with lots of futuristic gimmicks - a UFO mansion, as it were.:D
    Dominique is gorgeous, love her boots! And that villainous laughter in her last scene, can't wait to see how this is going to develop. I hope she's going to hate Cristal.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rove

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,833
    I think many, or those left watching Peach Dynasty, would see it as icky.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,186
  11. Rove

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +4,833
    I'm not sure how this would work. Cristal 2.0 has no history with the Carrington family so I'm not sure why Dominique would take issue with Mrs Carrington. Whoops. That's right. Cristal and Blake a.k.a Bonnie and Clyde are still living in sin.

12. xab

xab Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +259
    So, according to what I am reading Dominique is "New lady is a tramp" rather than "New lady in gown" ? ;)

But what could we except from a show which refers to the Kardashians and Trumps as model of powerful dynasties ...? Remember... The intro said it all... It's not about the Kennedys or the Fondas... It's not about good taste or intelligence or subtlety...

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,186
    It doesn't have to work and it doesn't have to make sense. After 2 seasons of this bizarre series I think it's time to stop expecting anything from it. I just hope that it's going to be an entertaining episode with dastardly characters doing dastardly things. More heads into the fireplace, please!
    I can't watch this as a story or a soap, it would require too much imagination and justification. NuDynasty is absolutely 100% junk TV but that doesn't mean it can't be entertaining.
    And overall it has a fabulous design.

And it's still better than Game Of Thrones:D

*ducks*

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  14. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,722

That's actually a good point and would at least explain the writing for her; it also would help exlain the season tag line.

15. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,186
    Where is this tag line, I can't find it.

16. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Fan EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +763
    "Where there's a will, there's a war."

In season 1 it was "Vicious, ambitious, delicious..."

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,186
    But where is the will, and where is the war?:confuse:

Shouldn't it be: Where there's a will, there's a tag line?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Ferdnand Colby

Ferdnand Colby Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Touche... I forgot about it, but it's true. This Dynasty values are based on "real tv" rather than "real life". That's exactly why we find it odd, I guess most of us grew up believing in certain values that are no longer discussed on tv, or even worse, in day-to-day conversations. This generation is concerned about reality shows and/or who cheated who in Instagram, something that we read in tabloids way before, but impact was completely different. Back then, it was entertainment, nowadays it's a lifestyle.

Wonder where the vicious, ambitious or delicious were in S1, hehe...

So where's the will? Maybe that answers all our questions haha

19. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +23,186
    Well I guess it 's buying a magazine vs. being updated or alarmed by your phone. People adjust to conditions and possibilities.
    But I don't envy the new generation, if anything being a teenager in 2019 seems pretty challenging. They have to deal with stuff we never had to deal with when we were young.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Addict EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    Yeah, I remember season 2 tag line on the promo poster. It didn't made sense.
    What will ? NuCristal1.0 's will ? What legacy has she left ? Gowns and lipstick ?

Season 2 was directionless since day 1... And talking about bad direction/decision, I'm still amazed (not in a good way) that they still keep Michael so long, but got rid of Steven so fast.
    Steven was a Carrington. His relation with Fallon, Alexis, Blake, and even with Cristal & Sam was crucial, as a legit member of the family. So the writers made him Anders ' son and got rid of him. How low can they go ?

Anyway, that's why Anders should bang Sam. Imagine the atmosphere between Anders and Steven when (i should say "if") he comes back :D
    Sam would get the "I slept with the father and son" trophy of shame, but surely would throw a party to celebrate it anyway...

Last edited: May 12, 2019