nuDynasty Episode Chat S2E22: Deception, Jealousy, and Lies

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, May 24, 2019.

?

Favourite twist?

Poll closed Jun 8, 2019.
  1. Adam attacks Liam

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Dominique sabotages Jeff's plan

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  3. Second body in the lake

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  4. Kirby keeps Femperial

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  5. Anders decides to leave the Carringtons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The diagnose of Jeff's illness

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  7. Fallon's confession

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,570
    Come on, everyone in the universe knows the crystal skull was your idea. I don't know if the current Gillieathon team is reading this forum, but clearly they have pored over it in the past. Let's bet on when Cristal becomes a psychic. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +8,168
    Medals:
    Haven't they already hinted at that?? They've certainly had Anders and Alexis shacking up and having a baby...

Perhaps it's listening to nature as opposed to intellectual property theft. But I'd still like a cheque.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,570
    So I watched the episode. I guess the Gillies hour has trained me well to not expect anything, so that now it seems actually bearable. Adam seems to get all the energy of the writing team, to the detriment of others (those escaping that fate are about to be mentioned). Gillies' Fallon is of course the hour's obsessive focus, but when she is not delivering stale one-liners she is much better. The one hugely improved is Jeff Colby. I actually now care for him and want Dominique to get hers, which means I have some interest in both of them. And Liam continues to be hot, but I can't worry about his fate because nothing on this hour means anything in terms of consequences. But all others left me cold, even if I do appreciate Blake becoming appropriately cold and calculating as he should have stayed in the original.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +999
    The weakest part of the episode was the pacing. Dominique's 911 call should have been the end of the previous episode, I would have ended it with shot of Adam's cuff-link in the foreground with Dominique in the distance. There should have been some previous hints about Trixie, there's the old standby the nightmare but how about Liam observing Fallon being shaken when she hears someone calling for their lost cat Trixie? Way too much exposition, don't tell me - show me. It felt like they shoe-horned two or three episodes worth of plot into one episode.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,185
    Medals:
    I can't help but feel this whole plot to make Jeff leave was written with Alexis in mind, that they simply plugged Dominique in as the one who tricked Jeff into leaving. I'm guessing Jeff's departure is not permanent, that he will make a miraculous recovery off-screen (if he's actually still ill at all) and come back when they need him to. Much like how they've put Steven on ice.

6. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,338
    Medals:
    Yes, and on the other hand they were wasting time with some very lame episodes before, for example Sams instagram guru crap or Fallon, Monica and Kirbitch going to the spa. :re:
    So it's not that they don't have enough time, they just don't make any good use of it and wasting it on cringeworthy shit.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Message Count:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +20,966
    Medals:
    But why would Jeff trust Alexis to frame her own son?

8. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +5,185
    Medals:
    In The Show In My Head (registered trademark), Alexis has been cleaning up Adam's messes and making excuses for him all over town in
    her misguided efforts to "make it up to Adam" for his supposedly terrible childhood. He is of course manipulating her into being his biggest champion, since the rest of the family has shunned her. She discovers the poison paint scheme, and when it appears that Adam plans to 'finish the job' on Jeff, she swings into action. She's always had a soft spot for Jeff and Monica, so to save Jeff's life (without looking disloyal to Adam) she concocts the scheme to have Jeff leave "for treatment" when in fact Jeff's not really terminally ill. Tricking him into leaving was her way of buying time. She hopes that by the time Jeff realizes he's not going to die, Adam will have cooled off and "gained some perspective" and Jeff will just be happy that he's not going to die. There would be no effort to fake Jeff's death (and frame Adam), nor would there be any way for Adam or Jeff to figure out Alexis's role in shipping Jeff away.

• Like Like x 2