1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S3E03: Wild Ghost Chase

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,532
    One thing I forgot to mention:
    I had to chuckle at how they tap-danced around the fact that the place has no name. I'm sure it had a name when Sam bought it, but no one has confirmed or denied that he plans to change the name. The viewer likely has guessed it's NuLaMirage, but they must be saving the announcement for when they actually open the place.

A lot about the hotel purchase/plot has to be hand-waved to enjoy it, but once the place is up and operating, I think it will be a great addition. The biggest challenge, of course, will be continuing to have Sam interact with the Carringtons, since he won't be sponging, um living at the mansion any more. I guess Dominique could get a room there, since no one will be letting her sponge off them any more.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,496
    Didn't he want to sell the place (partly)? I'm pretty sure, someone from the family (Fallon?) will join him as co-owner ... and there's the further contact. ;)
    I hope nuDominique will sing at nuLaMirage! :danc:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,532
    The non-committal way Anders said he'd found a buyer made me think HE was going to buy the place, or at least offer to. Once Sam agreed to compromise with Melissa, however, it felt as if his compromise was an unspoken agreement to keep the place and continue as the manager.

I think Sam only needs to let the local press know that he, as a gay man, does not support the beliefs of the former owner/builder of the hotel, and that it's a new place with a new outlook. People would not get mad at the new owner of a building simply because of the actions of the previous owner, would they? I mean, Sam never even MET the man. It would be like buying the Bates Motel and having people hate you for what Norman Bates did to Marian Crane.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,518
    As I said - it was a nice juxtaposition with how Fallon reacted to when she thought Adam had sabotaged her vs how Monica handled Mommie Dearest sabotaging their revenge plot and drugging her. Maybe it wasn't a conscious decision on the writers/producers part, but that's how I ended up seeing it. Fallon could learn a trick or two from Monica.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +880
    I think the show is better this season. I don't keep up with news but is someone new involved in showrunning? The new Cristal is enjoyable to watch and I feel like everyone else has a bit more of a purpose than they formerly had.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,518
    Yes, Josh Reims took over the show from Sallie Patrick, who was fired, erm, "left" the show mid-May.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 10 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +875
    For personal reason.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,532
    And yet she still gets an Executive Producer credit in the opening. Either she 'demoted herself' (not running the show, but still working in the production) or she got a deal upon her exit to continue being paid some amount and credited as an EP even though she isn't contributing. She was one of the people who helped develop the reboot, so she will always have that credit, though. Maybe it's something in between--who knows? These Hollywood people are soooo weird. :D

9. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,236
    Out of curiosity, I looked up the episode titles of this season. One of them is titled, "Mother? I'm at La Mirage."

10. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +875
    It seems so. Is "Mother" a reference to Alexis ? Can't wait.

EDIT : how many mothers do we have so far ?
    Dominique : Jeff & Monica's
    Laura : Liam's mother
    Luella : Michael Culhane's
    Annie : Trixie & Evan's

We don't know Cristal and Kirby's mother.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  11. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator EXP: 17 Years

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,130
    Is she still on the show? I found her such a weak character.

12. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +625
    She was on last week's episode. Up to her old tricks. :NI: Doing the same thing again - trying to keep Fallon and Liam apart. How refreshing.

13. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,236
    Not sure, though I'm pretty sure it's a reference to a line Amanda spoke when she was suicidal and was calling Alexis.

Well, we don't really need to meet Cristal's mother... I don't think, anyway. But it would be interesting to meet Kirby's mother, given how she's Joseph's ex-wife. It'd be nice to see Alicia Anders onscreen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,482
    Marion please. It was Robin Hood the one who did Marian...

15. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,482
    I wish $ynthia $idre had pulled a Sallie Patrick instead of sinking TNT Dallas in its third year as down as she could. Maybe the show would still be on the air with someone "different" at the reins...

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +875
    A least this is more coherent than Michael Culhane being enemy/friend/ennemy with Jeff, Blake, Fallon :D
    I don't thinks consistency should be an issue. Laura and Fallon hate each other's gut. I don't see them becoming friendly soon ;)

17. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,532
    Laura is the perfect comical villainess for their writing style. She's never going to instill fear in anyone, though likely instills revulsion in practically everyone who meets her, or at least a lot of eye rolling. She's a laughing stock to anyone who watches from a distance, but fingernails on the chalkboard to those who have to deal with her.

She's two dimensional, but that's really all she needs to be when she's only a peripheral character. Her purpose is only to be a thorn in Fallon's side, someone for Fallon to trade insults with and have the occasional shoving match. I mean, she isn't even important enough to get into a full-fledged catfight with. Given Fallon has thrown down with other women over much less, it tells me they don't want Laura to be anything more than what she is now...which isn't much.

I do wonder, however, how would Laura react if she were to learn that Adam (her bit on the side) was the one who put Liam into that coma, and tried afterwards to finish the job? Laura gives lip service to loving Liam so much, but I think she loves herself (and her own pursuit of pleasure) more. Would she overlook that whole "tried to kill my son" thing in order to keep Adam in her bed? [/Jeopardy! music plays]

• Like Like x 1
  18. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,518
    I like that they're building their own stable of recurring characters like Liam's mom and Melissa Daniels that'll pop up from time to time when you least expect it. It's underrated on soaps to have these type of characters, plus if they ever have a huge cliffhanger where they need to kill off a few people but don't necessarily want to go with any of the main characters they're good to have around :lol:

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Star

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +2,236
    So that's two reservations for the death list of NuDynasty's equivalent of a Moldavian Massacre. ;):lol: Although I'd only want something like to happen if they somehow managed to bring Amanda into the mix. I still say Amanda could be Blake's bastard daughter, thus allowing her a stake in the family fortune... though what about Steven? Have any of the characters forgotten he's actually Anders' son? Though then again, Blake could always adopt Steven, that would solve the issue... I haven't been keeping up with the series lately, so if I missed anything important with Steven, feel free to inform me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +875
    If they bring Amanda (I hope they don't) I agree : the should be Blake's illegitimate daughter. But someone raised by a woman with values. Amanda shouldn't be a bitch, but a moral compass. She should be what Cristal1.0 and Cristal2.0 should have been : a balanced character ending up in a strange rich dysfunctional world. She should be "us", discovering that world and saying "what is that f...ing family ????", "Why do you have to behave like this ?"

Sure, she would be a kind of pin in the @ss for watchers (like we are to writers, when we complain all the time) but it was a necessity : whatever the writers think, watchers need balance. Writers shouldn't give the writers what they want only (Fallait anyone ?), but what they need.

There is no great hero without a great villain. There is no great bitch without a moral compass.

• Agree Agree x 2