1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S3E04: Something Desperate

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, Oct 31, 2019.

1. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 10 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +882
    Was Femperial just a convenient creation, just to make Fallon meet Liam again, as I predicted? Kirby stole it from Fallon as a part of the cliffhanger last year, and... she does nothing with it. (by the way, Kirby was kind of useless in this episode. Is she channeling Original Kirby ? Are the writers pulling a "Harvey Weinstein" card with the football guy in the hotel room ?)

And Fallon, self-claimed business woman, she does nothing but focus on Liam.

I really wonder how this family make money as Blake and Fallon are so incompetent in the business world.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,547
    Blake and Fallon went to the ADHD Business School, where they proclaim their total devotion to the business they run (and spend every waking moment obsessing over it, ruining friendships and family relations along the way), only to lose all interest in it at the drop of a hat (or the recovery of a few waterlogged bodies). Within a short span of time they've found another business opportunity with which to start the obsession cycle all over again. I will assume that Sam will join the ranks soon enough, once some trendy new phone app grabs his attention and the hotel no longer compares.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,917
    It was a boring, predictable, and silly episode. In other words, miles better than a usual Gillieathon hour. The hour's new problem for me is that the actor who plays Adam is so good, he pulls off any material, even the "material" these weirdos in charge of the show give him. But then the others are left looking even more lackluster. Well, Dominique is not as good but certainly passable also.
    Besides these two, the only good moment of the episode is Liam (who looks and acts as if written for a real drama) telling Fallon what many of us having been saying all alone: that Narcissist can only be loved (and love) herself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +625
    You're too generous, dahlin'.
    giphy.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +888
    I'm not usually a fan of musical episodes but I'll give them points for creativity in how they justified the songs in the episode. However, I do ask why it was necessary at all to do a musical episode? Someone must love Everybody Wants to Rule The World too because they used the song in season 1 as well.

As for the plot, I didn't think this episode was anywhere near as engaging as previous ones. The show is very middle of the road to me. It was looking up earlier in the season but it's sort of just plodding along.

6. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +882
    They are going too fast, and nothing thickens. Look at the season 2 cliffhanger resolutions :
    - Trixie is dead. Consequence for fallon : 1 episode
    - Kirby stole Femperial : and she does nothing with it. She said she would take better care of it than Fallon... Who is laughing now? My Lord, those characters are so "good" for talking, and finally doing nothing.
    - Michael in Jail... 2 episodes laters is out.

Even if I did enjoy the season 3 episodes for what they are, it's still not great writing. I mean, they miss both their target (CW audience) and us (Old, yes, I mean old Dynasty fans)

We almost all agreed that season 1 was better than 2. And as the season 3 ratings proves it, we're not alone to think that...

• Like Like x 1
  7. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +147
  8. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,544
    It's a bit silly when you think about how they're literally running through soap companies with a speed - first they had that energy business, then a football team, publishing company, hotel and now a winery - what's next? Record company could realistically happen with Dominique here. Modelling agency? Fallon buys an apartment complex?

9. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +882
    It almost happened. Monica & Fallon were talking about it once.

It's funny that Fallon claimed many time that she's a "business woman". Of course, if by business woman, she means "buy/create a company and do nothing with it", I think she's the best at it.

10. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,547
    Fallon supposedly had 100 hours of community service, so I hope they will shift back to her continuing work at that rec center rather than just "forgetting" that two days does not equal 100 hours, even when Daylight Savings time shifts back.

I've read a lot of complaints online about Fallon no longer pursuing her career, or even talking about it. She hasn't even acted that angry about the loss of Femperial, which...let's face it, if there's one thing Fallon can always make time for, it's revenge against someone who takes something from her. As the writers dwell on Fallon's efforts toward getting Liam back, Kirby is getting off waaaaay too easy, and Fallon hasn't even stuck her nose into the whole B-plot with Cristal and Adam fighting over Blue Bell Vineyards, a company the family owns. Season One Fallon would have been arguing to Blake that she knew more than these two when it came to running a business, and she would have been correct.

Until I started re-watching stuff like the S1E05 clip above, I did not realize they had phased out the constant "fashion shows" and "conspicuous consumption"-focused scenes where a character would be in a room at the mansion, surrounding themselves with racks of designer clothes or chests of jewelry and accessories to try on things. It was usually just filler anyway. There is still the "one party per episode" thing going on (as far as I can tell), but they've stopped being so in-your-face with the excess.

11. ABrown

ABrown Soap Chat Member EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +79
    I love getting to hear Elizabeth Gillies's beautiful singing voice again. I miss hearing it on Victorious, and other places:

12. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Education
    Ratings:
    +180

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Education
    Ratings:
    +180
    Good question. I believe the actress is 27, but that particular photo does make her look young.

14. Ferdnand Colby

Ferdnand Colby Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +92
    She was really young in Victorious, I'd say 18-19. The first pic / video is probably from that show.

The second one is probably from Sex, Lies and Rocknroll, which, if I'm not wrong, took place when she was 22-23.

She was hot as a young brunette, however, I think she has evolved into a very interesting hot lady. I think she'll be beautiful in her forties, kinda like Catherine Zeta Jones

15. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,547
    So...from the casual way Jeff returned to his everyday life after his "mysterious disappearance," are we to assume that Jeff recovered from that supposed "death sentence" that the neurologist gave him last season? His lengthy exposure to the poison paint fumes was supposed to make him get progressively weaker and cause him to lose his mental faculties before finally dying. This was why he decided to fake his death in the first place--because he was dying anyway, and wanted Adam to be blamed for his murder.

Are we to assume that the diagnosis was wrong and that Jeff realized he wasn't getting worse as he hid out in the Caribbean, and decided to return? Did Dominique pay off the doctor to lie about Jeff's prognosis to 'grease the skids' and get him to leave? I mean, we know she was the one who suggested they frame Adam for Jeff's "murder" and then didn't actually frame him. Moreover, is Jeff fully recovered, or have they just not revealed the details yet? Keeping his money-grubbing mother out of his bank accounts might be just the motivation he needs to stay alive and fight whatever he supposedly has/had.

• Like Like x 1
  16. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,544
    Stupid questions get stupid answers, Daniel.

17. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +888
    I literally forgot about Jeff's health situation. Apparently that's gone the way of Alexis and Steven.

18. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,544
    It was a stunningly brave creative decision. x

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Ferdnand Colby

Ferdnand Colby Soap Chat Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +92
    Steven should go to the same facilities where Jeff recovered from that terminal ill. Maybe that's the same hospital where Alexis got her third face.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  20. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,501
    Maybe it was just a stupid computer mistake, like at the beginning of "The Colbys" with Jason. :D