1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S3E08: The Sensational Blake Carrington Trial

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,943
    If they genuinely plan on killing off Jeff, they ought to start showing some signs of decline or...something. So far he's having a Laura Avery-type fatal illness where you just have to take his word for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. xab

xab Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +259
    I must acknowledge this show is turning into something... They look to be back on tracks... Let's forget the nightmare and give it another chance! ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Addict EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    Yes. Especially as they don't really care about the ratings, I hope they will focus on making the show good, instead of trying to make it... whatever it was during season 2.
    But so far they are on the right tracks as you said.

4. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,636
    I think that's stupid, they could have made better use of Jeff in the future.
    Why not pairing her with Cecil for marriage, like in the original? Stupid decision.. :re:

5. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,730
    Is Jeff really necessary in this though? He's out as a romantic option for Fallon since they're cousins. His only real purpose is to go after Blake at this point, but with Alexis on the show that's redundant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brian Kinney

Brian Kinney Soap Chat Active Member EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +173
    I don't think Jeff Colby has to die. Alexis can get money and power through him/ divorce anyway. It wouldn't be the first time the writers change a known path to something else (Ted Dinard). Jeff and Alexis have a common enemy in Blake as Cecil and Alexis did in the original. Jeff can stay in the sideline as he did before, mainly to inspire the stylist for this show until the writers find an inspiration to do something more with him. Of course they also could do a 'Ben Carrington' with him and Alexis.

7. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    The question is : did he marry Alexis when she still had Liz Gillies's face (an easier way to swallow it for Jeff) or when she had Elaine Hendrix's face? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    Yes, you're right. Writers can change whatever they like. But Adriana would be wrong lol

I personally don't mind Jeff dying. I like the actor but his character was never that much interesting imo.
    Him dying can be a great storyline for the character; with poignant scenes when his health decline. Better a short interesting life for a character than a long pointless or plotless life.

Keeping characters when the writers obviously don't know what to do with them is just "wasted screen time". That's why I wouldn't mind Kirby leaving. And come back from time to time as a guest.

They should give more screen time for characters development than having a multitude of ghost characters/background useless characters...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,943
    Perhaps they could split the difference to please everyone: Jeff will once again fake his death, only this time he learns from the previous mistakes (that is, trusting his mother to help) and succeeds in making everyone believe he died in a plane crash/boating accident/fire/whatever. In truth, he has gone to some super-experimental clinic in some far-flung location to be treated for this neurological condition he supposedly will die from. Alexis will play the grieving widow to the world (and continue Jeff's campaign to tear down Blake*) but will be the only person who knows he's off somewhere trying to get cured. If he dies anyway, at least he tried; if he gets cured, he can come back for one of those back-from-the-dead scenarios where he can haunt/scare the $#it out of Adam and/or Blake.

* And I have to ask: just why will Alexis hate Blake so much? He paid the (steep) bills for her plastic surgeries and it was Adam who pushed her in the fire. Her hatred should be focused on Adam, not Blake. I think my knowledge of how Original Alexis showed up in court to bury Blake (payback for banishing her from Denver) is coloring my view of NuAlexis's return from PlasticSurgeryLand. The DA seemed to think this last-minute appearance of the First Mrs. Carrington is going to somehow save her dying case, but NuAlexis doesn't have the same virulent hatred of Blake as Jeff and Michael has. Unless the prospect of inheriting Jeff's fortune has made her turn mercenary....?

10. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    I think the reasons she hates Blake are stated in season 1 (I think), when Blake "visit" Alexis in her trash trailer. Blake also let her dog run away, to a certain death. Which is something absolutely cruel. The dog was innocent. Well, I would surely hate the man for that.

But, as she didn't have money, and after her "Hank" plan didn't work out like she planed, she was still... poor. So she had to swallow the pill and play soft.
    Then she tried to be back with him after Celia's death. They slept together but he replaced her asap with C2... It's an other reason she should hate the man even more.

After that, even if he paid the surgery bill, Blake didn't give a f*** about her. He paid a visit to the hospital only once, after the fire "accident" and didn't seem very concerned.

11. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    By the way, I wonder if foreign countries will keep NS Alexis dubbing voice, for Elaine Hendrix. I'm quite undecided about what would be the best situation :

- Keeping foreign NS voices can help worldwide Dynasty watchers to "buy" the new new Alexis. It can make the transition way easier for them. Elaine Hendrix is unfortunately not famous at all in France for example. So it in France wouldn't feel awkward if she keeps NS french voice. It's not like we're used to see and ear a specific voice for Elaine Hendrix
    - If Hendrix's Alexis is quite different, maybe they should go with a new voice too. Especially if the voice change is addressed within the show. If the voice change is not addressed I think they should keep NS dubbing voice.

As a fan, I would prefer that they change the voice. The Alexis character seems to be on the reboot mode. Elaine's voice is stronger, more confident, more like OG Alexis.
    But for the "mainstream" watchers who are not avid fans, who are not regular watchers, I think keeping NS dubbing voice is a better choice. Especially as they kept the voice for Liz Gillies' Alexis. So this would make sense imo to keep it for Elaine Hendrix.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  12. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Education
    Ratings:
    +181
    I don't see any reason for them to keep NS Alexis voice. They certainly didn't keep ABC's voice when Daniella Alonso took over the role of Cristal. [​IMG]

13. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    How can we know for C3, as like Alexis3, she has arrived with season 3, and yet, no episodes from season 3 have been aired in foreign language version (to my knowledge)

About keeping the voices : in OG Dynasty, they kept Al Corley french voice for Jack Coleman
    In Dallas, they Kept BBG french voice for Donna Reed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Education
    Ratings:
    +181
    My mistake. I thought you were speaking about Liz Gillies' dubbing of the NS voice for Elaine Hendrix lol...:confused: That would just be a hot mess. :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    Lol yes, it would be an insane mess
    But now that you're talking about it, I wonder if they will keep C2's french voice for C3.

Daniella Alonso has been "voice dubbed" by many different women in France (Catherine Desplaces, Anne Tilloy, Elsa Davoine, Laura Prejen...) so there is no "one and only official french voice" for Daniella Alonso. This means they also can keep C2 french voice (Barbara Beretta) for C3 if they want.

About NS Alexis French voice, the woman is Marie-Martine Bisson. On wikipedia, she's credited for Nicollette Sheridan Alexis (1er visage/1st Face) and Elizabeth Gilles Alexis (2ème visage/2nd face) https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie-Martine_Bisson

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Fan EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +764
    Because Cecil does not have any money on his own in the reboot. It's Jeff who is very rich.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    Yes, it was logical that Alexis would marry Jeff. as @GillesDenver said, Cecil is "poor" and he doesn't have an empire.
    Cecil dying, no-one would care. Jeff dying will have more impact. On the other characters, and on the watchers.

I love the twists from the OG storyline. OG Cecil had no idea he was about to "expire" before his heart attack, but this Jeff knows. So he can plan things before his death.

18. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Fan EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +764
    Actually Old Cecil already had problems with his heart before, we saw him taking him some pills in the scene when he revealed himself as Logan Rhinewood. And he obviously knew he was dying since he recorded a video tape that was screened during the read of his will.

19. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,730
    I don't think we were supposed to read Cecil having a video will as him "knowing" that he was going to die - it was just a popular soap trope at the time that the characters had video wills (I guess it was due to the growing popularity of home recording devices). Many men also have heart problems at Cecil's age so that's nothing new either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    I understand your point of view.

But one of my friend had a minor heart attack a few years ago. He has a treatment, he has to take pills, but he's not expecting/hoping to die soon. About Cecil : I think a powerful man of his age, with hearts problem, makes sure he doesn't leave without a will. It doesn't mean that he knows he's gonna die anytime soon.

Nu Jeff is young, and he knows that death is coming and that there is no treatment for his condition. As far as we - watchers - know, he can't avoid his fate. There is not much hope left. And the way they wrote his dialogue, is - maybe - a clue that he won't survive. For exemple, he said that he knows what kind of woman his mother is, and he has made peace with that. Sounds like someone who is making peace with things he can't change. Like death. Accepting the truth, and be in peace with it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1