1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S3E08: The Sensational Blake Carrington Trial

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,868
    In Spain, all Miss Ellie and the 4 Carrington recastings kept their Spanish voices. They had a better concept of continuity than the producers themselves...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. xab

xab Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +259

I don't watch series dubbed in french anymore, but I remember the Fallon's file. By Dynasty season 6 / The Colbys season 1, Fallon had two different french voices. They didn't keep the talented actress who dubbed Pamela Sue Martin (or maybe she was bored and quit) so Emma Samms Fallon landed in Dynasty's universe with two brand new voices: one for Dynasty and the other one for The Colbys... (So did John James, by the way) Why? 30 years later I still can't figure that out...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Addict EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    Yes. PSM Fallon's french voice was the best. ES Fallon's french voice for Dynasty was ok. Her french voice for The Colbys was annoying. At least, it was a good pick : it was perfect for the way they wrote her in The Colbys.

Anyway, Emma Samms had the same french voice than PSM in one episode. Just for one episode. The very first episode she appears, in a flashback from Jeff's memory.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,931
    I'm not sure about the details of how they hire voice actors for dubbing, but if they were to follow the story points, the voice artist for Alexis should remain the same. If this were real life, Alexis's face would change but her voice ought to stay the same; there was no permanent damage to her vocal cords in the fire. As for Cristal, keeping the same voice artist even as they recast the role would provide some continuity. But if they had kept Celia's voice artist when they brought in "the real Cristal", then THAT would have been weird since the plotline dictated this was a new character.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,868
    I don´t know about other countries, but that is the norm in Spain. Elaine has not debuted here, of course, but I´m sure the same actress who dubbed Nicollette will dub her (it´s also Sharon Stone´s voice here, go figure!). In theory they should do the same with both Cristals, though the channels usually are the ones who have the last word (especially Disney or Netflix, which are both neurotic!).

• Like Like x 1
  6. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Addict EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    I think that keeping the voices is the logical thing to do. Even in not so logical plots lol

Anyway, one months before Dynasty comes back. It feels very long.