1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S3E09: The Caviar, I Trust, Is Not Burned

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,917
    The FX series does a good job explaining what happened. The chain of custody on evidence, including DNA, allowed the defense to blow quite the holes in the D.A.'s case. I mean, that jury would have acquitted even if there were video of O.J. killing Nicole, but still...

2. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +888
    I just watched the last 3 episodes. The show is getting better and I'm actually looking forward to seeing where things go :)

3. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 10 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +882
    I don't hate him. I don't adore him. But he's a lovable. It's just that I liked him way better when he was with Steven. That's why I didn't care at all that he kissed that other bland guy.
    I could understand Sam's attraction for the crazy manny but this new guy?

I saw the series and I loved it. I don't know how much it's accurate but they said in one episode that the jury would not understand the DNA concept. It was way too new at the time.
    And yes, I remember that the jury wanted to acquit OJ... He was way to much of a hero for the nation. A black hero. People were also afraid of a new riot if he was not acquitted.

out of context : #metoo :D

4. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,544
    I don't think anyone dislikes Sam exactly, but this story is barely a C one. I'm all for this new guy to go the way of Luke Fuller.

5. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,544
    I agree: I like Sam and the actor has a lot of charisma. It's just that there is so much going on with Alexis's return and all the other characters' interactions that Sam has been lost in the shuffle. It is practically impossible to have everyone on the front burner all the time, and one can hope that he's just in a "storyline lull" as other stories are dealt with (esp. Blake's trial). There is the added complication of him no longer living at the mansion, which is the center of action. It makes perfect sense for him to no longer live there, but it does place the character at a disadvantage when no one else in the show really has a reason to go to La Mirage.
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

6. Brian Kinney

Brian Kinney Soap Chat Member EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +137
    Am I the only one who is irritated about the Keegan-Michael Key vibe he has?

Right, because kissing isn't enough. I want to see more! At least a shirtless scene in bed because Adam Huber can't do that in ratio for all male roles in the show.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Another decent episode. I like this season more than Season 1 now. And there is something about the Alexis-Jeff marriage that is actually rooted in the NS-Alexis 1.0 because she genuinely seemed to like Jeff for a long time. Not love but friendship. I'm surprised how good the new Alexis fits in, she is kind of a rebooted version towards Blake (now more aggressive as the JC-Alexis) but her reactions to Cristal, Adam and Fallon were not too different when they last met.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  7. Brian Kinney

Brian Kinney Soap Chat Member EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +137
    But she already did it before she left. She felt guilty for not demanding to search for him longer than they did.

8. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +882
    It was something I raised way before. How could Alexis trust, or want to make peace with someone able to do something as cruel? Putting her face in a fireplace. So I agree with you, it's not new. It's just that I still don't buy it lol

9. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,544
    I don't, either. I think she has plans for him....she and Jeff are focused on enacting his plans for Blake. Since the trial thing just blew up in their faces, it will take a while longer for them to take care of that part of things---and keep in mind that Jeff feels he's on a time limit for his plans.
    My idea of their alliance is that he enlisted Alexis to help him bring down Blake and Adam, but since Blake is the harder nut to crack, they're focusing on him first. It also makes sense that without Blake around, it will be so much easier to bring Adam down. Jeff likely promised her a large chunk of his fortune in his will if she helps him, and since he believes he's terminally ill, the money should come to her pretty quickly. Even if it takes a while longer to accomplish the goals, the money she inherits can be used to continue the campaign against B&A in Jeff's absence. It would make no sense for Jeff to forget that Adam was the one who poisoned him--I would picture him being angrier at Adam than Blake.
    Alexis allowing Adam to stay in the loft could be construed at the moment as proof that she has forgiven Adam for the whole face-frying thing...but it might just be that she wants to keep him close and keep tabs on what he's up to ("keeping your enemies closer"). Imagine if Jeff planted a bug in the loft to monitor his activities. Or gave it a fresh paint job.

• Like Like x 1
  10. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +882
    There is something I noticed, that might be foreshadowing your theory :
    Alexis said to Jeff "I'm much smarter than that. When I hurt someone it is years before they know it's me"

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,544
    Yes, and a line that I can't really imagine NS's Alexis saying. There's definitely a new sheriff in town.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +297
    I thought the writing for Alexis was excellent. I hate Nicollette didn’t get to play Alexis with money. She’s more intimidating and it’s nice not seeing her grovel and beg for money. With that said, I thought Elaine was *terrible* in terms of how she executed what was given to her. I think she’ll be fine in the long run, but you could definitely tell she’s not used to acting in a soap. I’ve always found her to be more of a sitcom actress. I’m hoping she’s able to add depth to her performances in coming weeks. Michael Michele has done a great job of that. She elevates every scene she’s in and has great chemistry with the cast. I’ll also say this new Cristal is a total dud. She just doesn’t grab me in any of the scenes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +3,917
    Unfortunately, the show (and the network) is meant to be an unfunny comedy, so one can only do so much. True, Michele works better with the material, and Underwood somehow turns every stupid line of theirs as if it were written by Hemingway, but these go above and beyond the call of duty.

14. nostalgicstudent

nostalgicstudent Soap Chat Member EXP: 9 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +38
    It pains me that we never got to see Nicollette as the intimidating powerful Alexis, I think she would have done an amazing job playing the badass Alexis out to ruin everyone, but sadly she wasnt given a joke of a script. Elaine is doing okay but I just cant warm up to her and she just seems like an entirely new character. Cristal 3 is a dud and the character is barely used at this point, if they cant ressurect OG Cristal then just get rid of the entire Cristal mess already.

• Like Like x 1
  15. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +882
    But wasn't this something many of us wanted? A reboot of the character? Nicollette did her best with the lines she was given, but she never seems threatening. She was mostly Edie Britt 2.0. Some might say that Elaine's Alexis is Meredith Blake 2.0 which is not false. But Meredith was more Alexis than Desperate Edie.

16. xab

xab Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +251
    Hum... I expected a stronger Alexis, closer to the "Alexis concept".

Elaine Hendrix is a good actress, no doubt about that. But Alexis (both Joan Collins and Nicollette Sheridan's version) has something of a diva, very opera like (I guess the "opera" in "soap opera" is on purpose). She's supposed to be somewhat emphatic and Joan Collins played upon this silent movie way of acting, very expressive, very drama queen. Nicolette, via her long love story with soapy dramas, got that "campy" way of acting (Michael Michele does have this touch too and she happens to become my favorite character) and I think it involves a slower (hence stronger) kind of delivering your lines. The way you act on stage, well sort of, considering the fact you're in front of a camera.

I don't know the résumé of Elaine Hendrix, but Joan Collin being first and foremost a stage performer, she knew perfectly how to build this iconic and bigger than life character, working out every detail. As far as I'm concerned, Dame Joan Collins is a surgeon. Nicollette Sheridan could have done the job too (if only she had been given a better stuff to root for...). She carries this intrinsic quality (is it?) of campiness in and off screen (you can't buy it, it's a gift of Gods).

A soap like Dynasty needs to be overacted. That's rule number one. The big tree of fantasy needs to hide the forest of reality. But this reboot (which I watch anyway, in spite of myself, trapped in nostalgia) doesn't work. It does not. Writing, cast, whatever, something doesn't match.

Well just my two cents...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  17. Miss Texas 1967

Miss Texas 1967 Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +888
    Meredith Blake is the only character I've ever seen Elaine as but that is not a bad thing.

[​IMG]

18. Soaplover

Soaplover Soap Chat Active Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Michael Michelle was on Central Park West... so she knows how to do a soap opera scene well... while Elaine Hendrix seems more serious and straight forward than camp (but I prefer that.. tbh). Nicolette would have been good as a ruthless Alexis.. she played Paige Matheson after all back in the day.

19. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 18 Years

Threads:
    Aspiring writer and factual webmaster
    Ratings:
    +5,517
    I was watching a Season 6 episode of "e.r." and look who appeared:

upload_2020-1-28_15-11-36.png

Michael Michele Mabelle just saving energies for her WC Dynasty days...!​