1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S3E14: That Wicked Stepmother

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty Episode Threads' started by Daniel Avery, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,934
    Episode description: "As Blake and Alexis continue to vie for the loyalty of Fallon and Adam, Cristal finds herself resorting to drastic measures to carry out her plans; Liam contends with someone from his past; Dominique calls in a consequential favor from Culhane."

2. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,934
    When Dom confronts Cristal with video of her meeting a man at a hotel, C3 decides to lie. She was having an affair but ended it. No worries, Dom says--all she wants (right now) is for Vanessa to move in the manor with them. C3 agrees. She then meets with her hitman, who nopes right outta there when C3 says Dom might possibly recognize him from the hotel. (The original plan was for him to bomb Alexis's car and make it look like the gas tank ruptured...but he explains that he won't risk being spotted/ID'd).

Blake plays nice with Adam, who reacts like a loyal puppy-dog when Blake asks for him to help stop Jeff and Alexis from buying C-A.

Liam brings Connor and Heidi home. Fallon does not make a good first impression, since she was greeting Liam in a dominatrix get-up. Heidi is supposedly going to Savannah the next day, and since they were in the neighborhood, Connor wanted to meet his daddy and Liam offers to babysit. Yeah, okay. Sam and Alexis (planning the engagement party) are shocked to hear about the "stepchild". Heidi gets delayed in Savannah and Fallon, fearing the "new kid" will become the center of Liam's life, goes into her default mode of over-compensating, imposing on Liam's first chance to spend time with his son. When Heidi finally returns from Savannah, she says the job interview didn't go well, so she is looking to move to Atlanta permanently.

C3 wastes no time finding someone else to help her rub out Alexis--Beto (yay!). He does an admirable job of trying to talk her out of it, but ultimately agrees to help. Why can't she just leave a flaming bag of dog poo on Alexis's doorstep like a normal person?

Blake wants Alexis to stay away from the engagement party, and she stays home---which messes up C3's plans to have her bumped off. Meanwhile, Adam is doing some hocus-pocus on the computer, and when Alexis confronts him with his weird behavior, he plays the wounded puppy who wants to be trusted. Blake had asked him to steal an incriminating recording that Jeff was holding over the heads of the C-A regulators. C3 then heads over to Casa Colby to convince Alexis that she really belongs at the party, even if Blake told her not to come.

John Mayer flaked out on singing at the engagement party, so it looks like Vanessa will have to step in, just like when that Ashanti woman got poisoned or whatever. The party at La Mirage has a massive turnout, of course, as does all the Dynasty parties. C3 anxiously awaits her "specially invited guest". Fallon tries to get Heidi to move to San Diego, which makes Liam justifiably angry. After singing, Vanessa is horrified to see the sex tape of Dominique and Culhane popping up on every phone in the room. Now THAT is what I call a push alert. Dom released it to kick-start a reality show proposal centering around her and Vanessa (and the Carringtons, even if they don't know it yet). A sex tape seems to do the trick (so to speak) and Vanessa agrees to go along with it.

Blake is shocked...shocked I tell you when Adam reveals he is not on Blake's side after all. The recording is not what he thinks, and the sale of C-A to Jeff and Alexis will continue. In fact, the recording is an altered version of Adam's confession, which now states that Adam poisoned Jeff on Blake's orders.

C3 forgot to give Beto the license plate of Alexis's car, so he doesn't know which car to tamper with! He attaches the device to the car he thinks is hers. She gets in her car and then we hear an explosion!

Sam sets Fallon straight about her selfish behavior, and she makes an honest effort to explain/apologize to Liam for her behavior. He confesses that he doesn't believe he is father material, that while Connor's cute and all, he's not sure he can be a "real dad" to him.

Alexis is fine--a different car blew up. Beto got some second-degree burns but has survived, to Cristal's relief.

Fallon and Liam show up at his hotel room to find Connor outside the door with a note: Heidi has dumped the kid on Liam and Fallon and left town.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Mega Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,722
    Ugh, Fallon likes John Mayer?

Gosh, Gillies and Hendrix does look so weirdly like each other. This is literally perfect, on point casting.

So Cristal admits to Dom about having an "affair"... so now Vanessa is gonna live in the manor. Oh uh. Dom wrecked the plan for Alexis to be blown up!!

This scene between Adam / Blake is so weirdly cut. Very jumpy. Were they stressed for time?

Spanish talking... will Cristal blow up a car herself?

This Blake / Alexis talk is gold. I love it! Finally.

"Everyone is selfish - including Heidi". Oh Fallon...

Cristal - do tell Fallon about Alexis's murderous ways.

"They watch to see people bitch slap eachother over a bottle of rose"

Christ, Alexis and Cristal. And Cristal still wants to murder Alexis.

UHM. OK. Dominique and Culhane's sex tape "leaks". How unfortunate for Dominique!

Oh, "new black SUV". Very descriptive Cristal! Of course Alexis isn't going to bite it.

Oh dear part 393948. Cristal you gone done and fucked up. Beto seems really hurt. And Alexis unhurt.

Vanessa is going to be a star! Sometimes you have to sink low before you can rise.

Oop. Heidi's left and left Connor with Fallon and Liam.

4. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,722
    And also, some time I *will* get @Daniel Avery to sit down any watch Melrose Place seasons 2-3. Since those are very Knots.

5. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Addict EXP: 1 Year

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    "Alexis has actually been less awful. And it's more than just the face this time"
    Fallon

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    Beto is hot. If they don't want to bring back Steven, Sam and Beto should date. At least, Sam would have a genuine reason to be linked to the Carringtons.

7. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,934
    Yes, it would be typical soap fashion for Sam to be drawn to Beto (and vice versa), but since Beto is determined to stay in the closet I don't know how far they could get into a relationship. But putting them together fits into my pet theory about how we can get a Moldavian-style wedding throwdown at season's end, so I say "Can we keep him, mom?"

I'm pretty sure this will be it for a while (break time, now that Sweeps is over), so we'll just have to wait and see if Beto's brush with death will put the kibosh on C3's plan to kill Alexis. I kinda hope not, but this break will be a perfect opportunity to put some plots (like this one) to rest and begin new plot arcs.
    That one really killed me. 25% of all cars on the road are black SUVs. (50% are white and silver SUVs, and the other 25% is everything else)
    I watched it in its original run. I sort of drifted away from it when it went bat-s#it crazy and started burning through plot (and actors) at a breakneck pace.

8. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,722
    It's about time you re-watched it then. It's 60+ episodes of soapy goodness!

9. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,934
    It had to be pointed out to me by someone else, but what sort of bride-to-be throws an engagement party minus her two best friends, Monica and Kirby? (Okay, maybe her only two friends, but who am I to quibble?) I guess it's a by-product of budget. Anders was also absent from the episode, but they did a good job of working around his absence.

I would expect Monica to be the Maid of Honor (and I can't wait to see what she will wear to subvert the whole "awful bridemaids' dresses" trope), but if the show can't get her back in time for the "main event" then I guess Kirby might be a good choice too. For plot purposes (at least the Wishful Thinking Plot in My Head) they might stick C3 up there as a bridesmaid if not the Matron of Honor, and of course the dark horse (probably wearing black!) would be Alexis. Would Fallon risk her Big Day turning into her Communion Party all over again* by having both of them standing up for her? Liam's lack of family (at least....likeable family) might make it necessary for him to make Sam his Best Man. Liam had a very good friend we've met onscreen, but he might not want to attend given how the bride-to-be shot him in the ass.

*Fallon has made repeated allusions to some kind of major disaster occurring at that event in the not-too-distant past, and the more often she refers to it, the more intrigued I become.

10. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    Yes, I also noticed Fallon's comments about the disaster her communion party was lol
    I also noticed that again, in this very episode, the lily pond was gone (ahhh stock videos)

I hope the season finale will be about her wedding, and that it will be a disaster. Not a post Moldavian kind of disaster, but something big... Maybe she will get arrested for a crime she didn't commit? (Remember Trixie's brother stealing some of Fallon's hair) and of course, it will need more drama than that. Huge cliffhangers please.

11. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,934
    Oh, Wishful Thinking Plot In My Head uses all sorts of mini-plots all coming to a head at Fallon and Liam's end-of-season wedding to create their homage to Moldavia.
    In this case, they've decided on a 'destination wedding' at the lovely, secluded Moldavian Inn and Resort in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

1. Beto Flores will still be stalking Alexis to kill her (per C3's request), but...
    2. After Sam threatens to 'out' Beto to C3, Beto decides he'll kill Sam rather than have his secret revealed.
    3. Laura Van Kirk tries to wave C-A around to bargain with Blake, ordering him to stop the wedding or she will make sure he never gets the company back.
    4. Evan Tate is seen lurking...we're not sure what his plans are but it can't be good.
    5. Silvio Flores, angry that Culhane won't allow him to use the soccer team for his illegal gambling schemes, sends goons to 'change Culhane's mind'.
    6. Kirby has met again with the FBI regarding Joel's cult-y bilking of his followers' fortunes, and Joel decides she has to be silenced.
    7. A mystery man is seen lurking in the shadows, watching the various family members but avoiding being seen by them (heavily implied to be Steven).
    8. When Blake fails to come through for Laura, she declares she has to take matters into her own hands, entering the wedding venue with a poisoned bottle of champagne.
    9. The babysitter hired to look after Connor in the run-up to the wedding is seen knocked unconscious, and Connor is nowhere to be seen.

Having all those people in jeopardy at the same time will allow some stories to overlap, collide, and likely cancel one another out come season four. It would allow the show to kill off two regular characters, two recurring, and two featured players (which is better than OG Dynasty did). One key player will return to the fold in heroic fashion, and C-A will be back in the hands of a Carrington within an episode or two.

• Like Like x 3
  12. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    Don't forget Caleb Collins :D
    Oh... Maybe he's the one who kidnaped Connor.
    He's a priest, after all. And you know, priests, kids...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  13. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,934
    He's officiating...or at least we hope he'll survive in order to do so. :yikey:

I know the character name is likely an homage to Dame Joan, but every time I hear the surname "Collins" I immediately picture the core family on Dark Shadows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    I personally think about this :

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. ABrown

ABrown Soap Chat Active Member EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +84
    dynasty1.jpg

FYI, I didn't make that. I just came across it and felt the need to post it.

• Funny Funny x 2