1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S3E15: Up A Tree

Discussion in 'CW Dynasty' started by Daniel Avery, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:34 AM.

1. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator EXP: 19 Years Staff Member

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,639
    Episode Description: "Fallon offers to keep an eye on Connor while Liam follows a lead on his baby mama; Dominique and Vanessa put the wheels in motion for a reality show and get Culhane to play along."

We're baaaaack, bitches!!! :p

2. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,639
    Shamelessly ripped off from Reddit....promo pics for the episode:
    [​IMG]

Sam, that's one wacky suit, but Alexis and Dom both have you beaten.

3. thomaswak

thomaswak Soap Chat Well-Known Member EXP: 11 Months

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +946
    5 episodes lefts before the - forced - season finale.

Anyway, I can,'t wait to see it.

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  4. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson SoapLand Battles Moderator

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,518
    I vote for Jeff and Dominique. Alexis' dress looks like an overripe banana. Blunder!

5. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,639
    At least Alexis has finally gotten out of the black-and-white rut she was in since returning. Not that I'm liking her 'banana boat' get-up, but at least she's getting some variety in her closet. Her B/W outfits were getting as tiresome as Dominique always wearing animal prints--intriguing at first, but quickly becoming "precious". I actually like those pants Jeff's wearing with that suit...very unexpected, but not overtly attention-seeking the way so many are dressing on the show.

6. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,518
    Yeah, it's kinda pseudo-casual like "just grabbed a few things together" and it just happens to look amazing.
    Ha ha ha!
    upload_2020-3-28_0-34-3.png

7. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,639
    Fallon: "We're back. Anything interesting happen while we were away?"
    (Nah, she did not say that, but it would have been Perfectly Fallon)

Blake is not amused to find Dom and Vanessa filming House of Devereaux in the dining room.
    Vanessa is styling herself like Monica. Honey, you are no Monica. She visits Culhane at the soccer team offices to suggest he 'join the cast' of their reality show despite all that went down. Or who he went down on. He's not on board.

Beto is recovering in the hospital. C3 wants to get him out of the US before the cops figure out why he was really there. She tells Blake she needs the jet to visit a friend's wedding shower, but she's smuggling Beto out. And Blake finds them on the jet. The three take off for Mexico, with Blake seemingly buying their story that he was sneaking out of the US because he feared the police would try to pin that explosion on him. Beto's in extreme pain and all bandaged up; he tries to pop more pain pills and ends up choking on them, but Blake saves him. Once again, C3 sees her brother almost die right in front of her, and it shakes her even more than the first time.

Adam is working at a hospital (surprise? We see "Carrington Wing" over the doorway). Alexis wants "Dr. Carrington" to help get Jeff healthier, since he appears to be having lapses (asking for salt instead of sugar) and is taking some herbal remedy. Sure, Lex...go to the person who poisoned him in the first place for assistance. But then, she isn't known for her smarts.

As the synopsis above states, Liam is trying to track down Heidi. Fallon is not very good at babysitting Connor, but it looks like she will be doing more of it as he says he wants to leave town to find her. All Connor seems to do is eat.
    I can't figure out why Fallon has not 'brought in the reserves' (Kirby, maybe even Sam*) but I guess she gets a brownie point for trying to do it all herself. She then gets her point taken away when she
    lets the cat out of the bag about Heidi ("She's dealt with this for ten years?! No wonder she ran away!") and Connor's upset, naturally.

Sam is lingering in the mansion as a supporting player in House of Devereaux, trying to be 'discovered' I guess. He laments to the camera that he's this "single, rich hotel owner" and keeps staging conversations with Vanessa and the others. He claims it is to promote his hotel. Um, yeah...

Adam says some drugs already on the market to treat another disease have some promise in treating Jeff's condition, but they're not recommended by the FDA. He and Alexis know that even if he got hold of the drugs, they might kill him just as well as the disease will. Meanwhile, Jeff is pinning too much hope on his holistic remedies and it genuinely bothers Alexis. Adam suggests they switch Jeff's holistic stuff with the other meds.
    Blake and Cristal get Beto back to Mexico, and on the ride back, C3 confesses the whole plot against Alexis to her husband. She is repentant and says she wants to break this cycle, even if she has to do it alone. Blake begs her to stay, so she announces she needs to go back to work as a...whatever it was.

Sammy Ho is in the house! The reality show participants are all gathered at the mansion to see Vanessa sing (and film the show). No sign of Anders, who would NOT be pleased at all these film people in 'his' house.

Connor has climbed a tree and refuses to come down for several hours. Fallon tells Connor about how scary it was when her mother ran away, and how it's perfectly okay for him to be scared. But Alexis came back, so Heidi will too. Connor promptly falls out of the tree into the pond--it's obviously quite cold, too. Liam, then Culhane dive in to pull him out; they interrupt the party to have Connor checked out by Adam. Then, Blake and C3 arrive and Blake orders everyone--especially Jeff--out of his house. Jeff toasts Blake with two glasses of champagne.

One more surprise guest reveals herself: Heidi. She apologizes to Liam, but he says she should apologize to Connor. Fallon seems to believe she and Liam need to protect Connor from Heidi. But who will protect him from Fallon? :)

Footage of Culhane diving in the pond to save Connor hits the internet and makes him look like the Hero. Vanessa confesses she posted it because she wanted to get back with him. They kiss and all that. But she just wanted to lure him back into her bed so he will be in the reality show with her, which pleases Dominique.
    The drugs Alexis gave Jeff (the ones that Adam got for her) were not supposed to be taken with alcohol, so uh-oh, now he's kissing the floor.

Preview:
    Blake: How do you know Heidi is an unfit mother?
    Fallon: To have one is to know one.
    Anders: She has a point.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Star EXP: 3 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,612
    "I call him Sammy Ho" - screaming. I actually tweeted that to Raphael, the ho.

9. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,612
    I love pensive Cristal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Willie Oleson

Threads:
    marriage counselor
    Ratings:
    +22,518
    It's not Sammy Ho, it's Sammy Hotel.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +946
    I'm surprised I enjoyed Cristal. Her facial expressions are less annoying, and she feels more "human". Surprised that I enjoyed her cute moments with Blake. She has definitely more chemistry with Grant than Ana Brenda Contreras.

Alexis is genuinely concerned by Jeff. She really cares about him. I like that. My problem, is that they still write her not powerful enough. I mean, OG Alexis was a powerhouse, and Fallon was always impressed by her. I know that Nu Dynasty is the "Liz Gillies show", but wouldn't it be nice if this character had just one "family weakness"? And this weakness should be Alexis. I mean, Nu Fallon doesn't love her father like OG Fallon. She doesn't care about her own bother's fate. Her relation with them is obviously not that strong. But during season 1, before Alexis arrived, Nu Fallon had clearly mummy issues. Alexis was a big deal for her emotionally. Even when she was absent all those years, Alexis had a huge influence on Fallon. Yet, I still don't feel it anymore. It seems that Fallon still sees Alexis as a farce sometimes. And it's getting really annoying. We're just one step to "clown Alexis" again.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020 at 12:46 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. tommie

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +3,612
    Cristal is the best when she's suffering from some sort of moral dilemma, obviously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Warrior EXP: 12 Years

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +9,357
    Which one?

14. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,639
    There's an old saying "never meet your heroes". In other words, the real person will never live up to the idealized version of them that you create in your mind. I think when Alexis was out of Fallon's life during her teen years, Fallon would naturally put her mother on a pedestal and imagine her mother as the hero who would swoop back into her life to solve all her problems. Fallon therefore overlooked or explained away a lot of the issues with Alexis that were staring her in the face because she wanted so badly for her mother to be something that she was not. After Fallon grew to adulthood she got a better taste of the real world and recognized Alexis was no superhero--in fact, she was going out of her way to avoid Fallon and partying her way around Europe. So when Alexis returned and turned out to be...well, what we saw, all that pent-up disappointment exploded out of Fallon and they ended up fighting in the pool. I think that was the point where Fallon ditched all her mommy issues and recognized her mother was never the 'life preserver' she wanted thrown to her as a teen. She was more like a cinderblock.

15. thomaswak

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +946
    Everything that you say makes sense. That's why I think that broke trash trailer Alexis was such a lame idea.

16. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Star EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +4,051
    I caught up with the last three episodes. While the Gilleathon cannot escape its compulsive twerking around Gillies's Foulon, there is so much improvement. The Deverauxs are very interesting, and even Vanessa is now someone to watch. The Alexis/Jeff dynamic is great, and Cristal's sudden growing of a conscience vaguely started to resemble the original character she is based on. Adam is consistently great; Sam is now mere flashy wallpaper, and I wish they would give him some real business storylines around the hotel if they won't give him a decent love interest. If only the Gillies vehicle had not wasted its first two seasons in the schizophrenic roller-coaster of one-episode shock plots, needless cast changes and stunt developments (Fallexis), I think that there would be a different conversation around that show rather than the current "how the hell did the mess get a fourth year?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Enthusiast EXP: 14 Years

Threads:
    enjoying life
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,552
    They kind of forgot about Monica completly. :(

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  18. Daniel Avery

Threads:
    Ratings:
    +5,639
    I'm really hoping that they are serious about reforming and re-positioning Cristal as a moral center for the show. It would be her identifying characteristic to set her apart from all the other ladies. We have plenty of scheming bitches (and otherwise morally-compromised characters). As the matriarch of the manor (no matter what Alexis says), she would have to be listened to when she offers her opinion. My fear, however, is that this sudden attack of conscience is just a means to the end of placing her around that hottie priest I read about, and she will go from one moral quandary to another.

This seemed like a filler episode, with everything happening as they did just to set up future events. They had no idea at the time that there won't be anything to work up to, what with the final two episodes of the season being postponed like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Star EXP: 2 Years

Threads:
    Instigator
    Ratings:
    +4,051
    Who?