Save Cristal

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by tommie, May 12, 2018.

1. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  2. GillesDenver

GillesDenver Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +188
    So the rumor is true ? I can't believe that they are going to do such a mistake. Put her in the coma and send her miles away for a while, like in the original, but don't kill her !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    I always thought they have contracts that forbid them to spoil anything. And if it's a lie, then it is very unprofessional of her. She should better be more careful with these things, it could backfire quite hard and end a career, before it even started...

4. Tony

Tony Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +142
    It's probably a joke, as they are unlikely to start filming until July. If there is a Waverly Cemetery it could be a dream sequence.

See the James McKay/Steven video I posted. They're all still enjoying their holidays, and Natalie is on her honeymoon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    I remember that while TNT Dallas was still on, Ken Kercheval posted something spoilery on Twitter and it got deleted again just a few hours later.
    Poor guy must have gotten an angry phonecall from La Cidre. ":mo:" :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +100
    There is one, is a real cemetery and it's located in Australia...

Australia... Where Natalie married and is on her honeymoon.

7. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    To me, Nathalie Kelley’s Instagram postings smell like a personal joke or a cwDynasty gimmick based on the ‘fin’ portion of original Gran Hotel.

The ‘fin’ portion of Gran Hotel doesn’t use flashbacks. It flashes-forward to the future, showing us groups of characters to give us ‘updates’ on their lives.

The first group to lead off were a ‘coupling’ whose fates had been unknown at the end of the series. We saw a grave with the name of one of the characters. Then in walked a second figure whose face we couldn’t see but whose appearance suggested it was the other character. The figure left flowers on the grave and left.

Like a home movie, we watched the other groups come and go. We remembered their stories and wondered whose child, what kind of child, will it last, etc…. And, I guess, for many viewers, it was all cut-and-dried. They’d had their ends to stories. But, not for me. Because, when I looked at the flowers on the grave I thought, “Wait, what?” Let’s just say, I don’t believe that the character whose name appears on the grave in Gran Hotel’s ‘fin’ is the one who lies in it.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  8. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +311
    In the interview linked in another thread, Nathalie says her husband is moving to Atlanta to be with her. RIP Cesil Colby.

9. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    So it is. I recognise that Angel statue. An interesting choice. Waverly Cemetery is the scene of the Season 1 finale of Water Rats, that late ‘90s Aussie series about the water police HQed on Goat Island. A part-episodic, part-serialised show that wasn’t afraid to take out from its main & supporting stars, and milk the emotion for all it was worth.

10. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    Wasn't Waverly as well the name of Fallons gynecologist on The Colbys? CONSPIRACY! :eek:

11. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    @Matthew Blaisdel Yeah, you're right. Good memory!

Conspiracy? *grin*

I wouldn't call it that, but ...a thought: Could the cwDynasty folk be thinking along the Lorraine Prescott line but with differences? Not have NK on the show for S2 because she is on life support as she is preggers. Then she gives birth prematurely (perhaps induced because her vital signs are deteriorating) while still in coma. Baby survives, just; but Cristal is a goner – or pulls through for a Season 3, if there is a S3.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Nathalie Kelley has been playing these tease games. On Instagram it’s been: “CC RIP” &
    Register or to view Spoiler content!
    . And in between posts, in interviews, it’s that
    Register or to view Spoiler content!
    . I don’t understand why NK thinks it's been necessary for her to do that, really.

Her wriggle room in these games is that she uses the initials “CC”, which could stand for any number of things. Lots of folk obviously think she’s referring to the character she plays, Cristal Carrington. But If NK wants, she can turn around and say, “Oh, I didn’t mean Cristal, I meant (whoever/whatever).”

So who else could it refer to? Possibly, Cesil Colby, as Grant Jennings noted above.

@Willie Oleson even thought “CC” might be a place: Clarke County.

Could it be a thing? Say, Carbon Copy? It’s true that making a carbon copy of a written document is no longer ….in vogue. So NK can argue she was actually meaning “Carbon Copy RIP”. (OK, I know, that’s a stretch.) Then again, could it be a coded message to say how original in ideas cwDynasty is going to be?

13. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,868
    Because now she's getting all the attention she's not going to get from not appearing in season 2. Keeping the ashes smouldering, as it were.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    I doubt NK will be sitting at home twiddling her thumbs for all of S2. She’ll be out and about, getting on with life. She’ll be in the news, because social media will keep her there. And, I doubt S2 will keep radio silence on Cristal (unless dead and ignored by the writers), so anytime the character gets mentioned on the show, there will be the usual newsy updates in online sites. NK’s not going to lack for attention.

It occurs to me that NK might secretly want the character dead so no one else gets to play the Cristal who wasn’t Krystle, if it's true she's being put on ice because she's not a firm fan favourite.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  15. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,868
    There is no life after Dynasty.

16. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Which Dynasty would that be?
    Anyway, NK did say in a recent interview that she'd got her life back. Sounded like a woman who was wanting time out to enjoy newly wedded life and do other stuff.

17. Richard Channing

Richard Channing Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,921
    Perhaps Nathalie has never forgiven Cynthia Cidre for her Dallas revival and is plotting her demise?

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. Daniel Avery

Daniel Avery Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,312
    The indirect way she says things without really spelling it out tells me there's some PR plotting going on. That, along with the tendency of production companies to come down on leakers like a ton of bricks (even high-profile members of the production). If the vagueness is her way of not getting in trouble with the producers, then it begs the question of why she would even risk incurring their wrath by being so loose-lipped with plot details? I think it is because the producers are in on it in some way.

I hear "CC" and I think CC Babcock from The Nanny...

19. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,346
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,346
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)

NK´s fans shouldn´t worry about her. They´ll always have Rita...

upload_2018-7-9_0-13-2.jpeg upload_2018-7-9_0-13-3.jpeg

Meet the Flores sisters: Cristal and MargaRita...​

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1