Save Cristal

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by tommie, May 12, 2018.

1. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,955
    Let's not forget how many times they had mentioned "Alexis" before she arrived, these guys are not exactly subtle about their intentions.
    I could imagine the CW being desperate enough to keep the buzz going even if that means they have to reveal a spoiler (but without specific storylines).
    NK is not going to risk anything, of course.

We all assume that they will manage to get Cristal out of the burning barn, get her to the hospital and then...a coma or plastic surgery storyline.
    But she could die in the fire, and maybe that would be better. The last thing we need is a departure "Pam Ewing" style.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    What she’s said on Instagram spelt it out for the character – unless she had the quaint notion that being in a coma from the start was resting in peace.
    I can’t. Most folk tune out after a while. Optimal time for the buzz would have been a couple of weeks to a month before S2 kicked off. And why be that desperate? Netflix has the CW’s back on this project.
    I don’t think this originates from the PR guys. This “CC RIP” Instagram posting so quickly after the S1 final episode was broadcast, I suspect it’s the producers on a fishing expedition: #1: Do viewers want the character dead or alive? #2 If alive, let’s hear their ideas. #3 We know fans were divided over the actor playing Cristal – should we recast or give her time out?
    Me too, actually. But closer to home, there’s Channing Carter from The Colbys.
    Ha! She has that CC to thank for her fictional S. American family getting to be so much of her new life as Cristal Carrington.
    LOL. Love your pun on 'margarita'. Since Cristal already has a sister, I think Cristal should wake up a coma at some point with a split personality, and it's Margarita who is dominant; sending Anders and the family round the bend not knowing who they're dealing with at any given moment. (We saw that personality emerging when she took a chainsaw to Blake's stuff.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rove

Rove Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,687
    One of those people would be me. After following the posts on this forum for some time prior to watching Dynasty 2.0 my impression of Cristal was poor. After viewing the series she, Steven and Michael were the ones I took a shining to. Any series requires a character we can root for, otherwise what's the point? I just cannot fathom watching the House of Carrington with Alexis, Fallon, Kirby and Monica. All that money...but no class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,955
    And that's more plausible than a PR stunt?

5. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,955
    I don't know...I like to watch compelling stories with interesting characters (good or bad, or both). Their motives, impulses, compassion, selfishness, corruption etc.
    Life isn't only about good vs evil.
    Of course I also like the stories with the typical heroic and villainous characters , but that doesn't mean it has to be a template for every show.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Given the timing of when the 'news' first broke, and by whom, yes. The PR via the formal interviews is just the supporting act. IMO.

7. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,955
    Well in that case:

Dear fishing team: I hate Cristal. Please let her die. Thank you.

8. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +461
    LOL.
    Given the formal interviews, it appears that a decision has already been made as to why NK won't be appearing in S2. Your request may already be moot. Or, not.

9. ABrown

ABrown Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +11
    This can NOT be the end for this beauty. Cristal.jpg
    I'm not ready to be done with her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. phil colby

phil colby Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings: