1. Just Look at the Flowers Lizzie

The Walking Dead Season 8 is here

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead' started by Ome, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,699
    Have they got a new editor? Like someone who loves to mess with time? I was all over the place with this week's episode. One minute Ezekiel is giving a 'Rick' talk to his people, then he's stuck under some dead bodies, later I see him walking with Carol and I'm wondering why he's not limping, then I realise we're in another flash-forward, or flashback.

Shoving that annoying editing to one side, I thought this episode was the best of the season so far, very tense in many places and very emotional with Shiva became another Walker victim.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,318
    The last 2 episodes, I thought were pretty great. Melissa McBride was amazing, she has her fight back.

Sad the Kingdom everyone that went out but 3 died. We lost Shiva which was sad but I knew that was coming.

I wonder if we will see Ezekiel lost most of the season? I hope not but really he lost so much.

I can’t believe how many people have died so far this season.

The last episode with Gabriel and Negan was great. We didn’t get much of a back story of Negan. He had a wife he cheated, she died and he couldn’t kill her. It reminded me of Morgan’s story but I don’t think he cheated.

Rick and Daryl fighting, I was not happy about it but it is bound to happen. Daryl has gone rogue, I don’t blame him but he is going to get himself killed.

I hope Eugene doesn’t tell Negan about Dwight. I like Dwight but he is dead if Negan finds out.

I wonder if Gabriel was bitten or is he just dealing with heat exhaustion being locked in a cell? I hope he doesnt die.

Did you notice Simon didn’t seem very happy when Negan returned. Maybe we will see some revolt with Negan’s people.

What’s up with Rick letting the garbage bin people get away with backstabbing them.

I can’t wait until tomorrow the previews look good.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,318
    Trailer episode 6

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,318
    Last nights episode was pretty good. I will say my favourite scenes were with Melissa McBride (Carol) with Henry and the King.
    The young actor playing Henry is Macsen Lintz the Brother of the young actress who played Sophia (Carol’s daughter). The scenes with King Ezekiel and Carol were great.

Tara, Daryl , Michonne and Rosita are off on their own to end the fight. I get that they have their reasons but I’m sure their plan won’t end well.

Rick goes to Jadis to get them to help, and gets himself captured.

Jesus is trying to save the Saviours he captured but I’m sure something is going to go wrong with that plan too.

The Rosita kill was pretty amazing.

Carl is off on his own too. He finds the newcomer who I think will end up being a good guy.

There is only 2 episodes left until the season break .

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,699
    I missed a lot of this week's episode.

Well, I say I missed it, but I did actually watch all of it, it was only the parts with Eugene that I missed, simply because he muttered all the way through.

I hope he dies

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +2,287
    The penultimate episode was very strong. This season started very slowly and quite boring for me, but as the episodes went by, it got more interesting.
    Last week was really intense.
    What will Eugene do after he got drunk? Will he tell Negan about Dwight? Are the Scavengers and Jadis really trustworthy and will follow Rick?
    And WHO WILL DIE?! Because someone's going to! We haven't had big deaths so far this season, so someone important is going to bite the dust today, i'm 98.6% sure!
    WHO WILL IT BE????
    3 more hours till we find out ... i'll be watching live on AMC ... :up:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,699
    Yes, absolutely - IF YOU HAD SUBTITLES. I didn't understand anything to do with Eugene.

I enjoyed most of the season so far, well any scene that didn't have Eugene in it.

No one will ever know because no one can understand the twat.

I doubt they would understand anything he has to say

They want us to think they're not trustworthy, but they will be and then hopefully die.

upload_2017-12-10_23-9-32.jpeg

upload_2017-12-10_23-9-45.jpeg

upload_2017-12-10_23-10-29.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,287
    Could it be that you don't like Eugene very much? :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,287
    What a letdown.
    Register or to view Spoiler content!
    :re:
    That's it. 90 minutes staying awake for this shit! That's much worse than watching an episode of the CW's new Dynasty! :rolleyes:
    Good night! :mad:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,318
    I thought the mid season finale was good but sad. I didn’t realize Carl was bit in a previous episode. I was shocked they are ending Carl’s storyline. I thought the last 2 seasons Chandler did a great job playing Carl.

I’m worried Carol will get killed trying to save Ezekiel. It could be Morgan that gets killed.

I agree I never understand what Eugene is saying . I wonder if Rick’s group would ever trust him again?

I felt bad for Jerry being pushed around by the Saviours. I am tired of Simon too. I like how Maggie says she is going to do what the Saviours want but she doesn’t follow through once she gets to the Hilltop. She should have killed Jared he is trouble.

The Rick and Negan fight was good but not long enough. Rick gets Lucille but hits Negan in the stomach why not the head?

The ending scene was sad when Rick finds out Carl was bit. The next episode is going to be a sad one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,699

This scene made no sense at all, it was just ridiculous to have it if Rick would overpower Negan and then run away.

Rick has vowed to kill Negan and he's told Negan a few times that he will, then we get this fight, Rick gets Lucille and hits Negan in the stomach with the handle.

Obviously, they don't want to kill Negan off too soon, but don't have scenes like this where it just comes across embarrassing to the scriptwriters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,287
    Just think about the first episode of this season, Rick had several seconds to shoot Negan in the head from the save distance and just didn't do it.
    So obviously deep inside Rick is madly in love with Negan, i don't see any other explanation here.
    Look at the pictures, that deep attraction, the love, that passion, it's all there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,318
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,287
    So is this show dead already? Noone here is posting about it and the midseason premiere was already 2 days ago.
    90% of the comments i've read about it elsewhere were like "meh" and very very bored and dragged out and many are suggesting to finally end the show for good after next season.
    I think Negan was a blessing and a curse at the same time for the show, because once he was there by the end of S6, all else became way too muddled up, and that shows well in the massive ratings decline. :confuse:

[​IMG]

Compare that to the direction of the latest "Game of thrones"-ratings:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jessie

Jessie Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,318
    I thought Sunday’s episode was really sad. I’m still shocked they killed off Carl. The scenes with Carl, Rick and Michonne were really sad. I don’t know if Rick will go along with Carl’s plan to try to work things out, and stop the fighting. I think it is too far gone for that.

Carol scenes were great Morgan has really found his dark side. I’m glad Ezekiel is safe but he lost so much.

It will be interesting to see how the series goes from here.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,699
    I wish they would take it back to the simplicity that it used to be, I'm getting confused by all this twisting through time. At least on LOST and STAR TREK I can follow the timeshifts.

That said, I thought it was a great ending for Coral, so many emotions and I loved the reveal over bearded Rick being part of Coral's dream-wish.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,699
    I guess that's down to the viewer and if they are still enjoying it.

We don't get it until 24 hours later and I thought you knew this was a multi-nation forum. Plus not everyone watches shows at the same time.

Oh... Maybe you have your answer then.

I still think he is. Much better than the governor and all the other nasties from across the seasons.

Maybe some viewers are watching it on different nights, I know we do in my home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,699
    There is a perfectly healthy reason why I do not watch this show during meal time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,287
    Chilli con carne :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,699
    I really don't know why the viewer figures are dropping like they are with so much action going on right now.

Let's see....

• Gabriel is starting to lose his sight
    • Dwight is running in the woods
    • Gabriel's sight is getting worse
    • Dwight is still running
    • The doctor doesn't think Gabriel will live
    • Daryl is in the woods with a group of survivors
    • Gabriel really can't see
    • Maggie appeared
    • Tara is going to kill Dwight
    • Carol is seen at the hilltop
    • Gabriel found some antibiotics