1. Musical Secret Santa

It's a Secret!

Click here for more details

Dismiss Notice

Discovery Season Two is coming

Discussion in 'Star Trek' started by Ome, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Zable

Zable Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +515
    Ethan Peck, at NYCC, on….

…Spock: “"We have to start Spock in a place where we see how he becomes the Spock we know standing beside Kirk on the bridge of the Enterprise."

…his audition: “The audition was absolutely outrageous. In the beginning, I didn't know what I was reading for, but toward the end I found out who it was and had a panic attack. A few days later, I got a text message from the casting director that said, 'Welcome aboard, Mr. Spock.'”

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +515
    More Disco casting news out of NYCC:

Sonequa Martin-Green: "My husband, my amazing husband, Kenric (Green), the love of my life, is going to be on the show. I can't say in what capacity yet. But that's very, very exciting. And I'm incredibly grateful."

3. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +515
    Spanish born actor Javier Botet is joining Star Trek: Discovery in a mystery role. The actor, who was born with Marfan syndrome – a genetic disorder of the connective tissue which results in compromised eyesight/organ function and an out-of-whack skeletal system burdened by extra height and overly flexible joints – has been making a career out of playing creatures on screen.

The one that Botet is said to be playing on Discovery is simply described as “old”. He’s said he had been filming in Toronto with Doug Jones, so might he be playing a fellow Kalpien? Possible, as he’s said to stand almost 6’ 7” in his socks and has very slender limbs. I’m wondering how permanent that role is and if he would be appearing in the short trek featuring Saru or would he feature in the series proper.

The link below speculates what that “old” creature might be and how it might tie in with S2. If correct, it could be a spoiler for some, so beware: https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2459476/creature-actor-javier-botet-reveals-new-star-trek-discovery-role

4. Zable

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +515
    A matter of tone: Why Discovery hasn’t felt like Star Trek.

Spoiler alert: Video includes scenes from Disco S1 episodes.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 1)