Sense8: One Last Mission

Discussion in 'Cult TV' started by Ome, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404

Floor.jpg

2. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,038
    I've watched the first half of the finale, and the strength of the episode format (40 or 50 minutes) becomes more and more apparent.
    With tv series episodes they can change the mood and pace of the story, and I like different moods when I'm watching tv shows.
    But this is more like a reunion movie, and everything is a constant "peak", but eventually that non-stop adrenalin is getting stale and I just don't feel it anymore.

I will finish it, of course, but only because I want to know what's going to happen to Lila, what her plans are.

3. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,038
    I've done the last 75 minutes in 40 minutes and it was very nice, like a James Bond movie with 10 James Bonds. No surprises, or something I needed to know but there's nothing wrong with a happy ending. But 150 minutes was a bit too much - it's definitely not the same as binging 3 or 4 episodes because these are "chapters", with a beginning and a cliffhanger.

4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +14,404
    I totally enjoyed the whole ride, it was one hell of an adrenalin rush. After everything that we've been through with these characters, it's how I wanted it to finish. If I had one complaint, its that it felt rushed and it would have made a great season, but that was never going to happen, so having this last rollercoaster of emotions to end with was just perfect.

• Like Like x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 6)