Sense8

Discussion in 'Cult TV' started by Ome, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    sense8-maybenotrenewed1.jpg

I know nothing about this show apart from its name and Naveen Andrews

The first 5 minutes were strange, but not making much sense. I started to figure that all these random people were somehow going to be connected.

Then the cop wakes up with echoes of gunshots and while he’s getting a wash, the neighbour’s music is blasting – well at least I could follow this part of the story.

Then that’s when it happened. That’s when I got closer to the screen and thought “Hell yeah, this is happening” I felt like I was back in the 80s watching Sapphire & Steel as the cop opened the neighbour's door to find the room empty and all noise was gone.

But what is really happening? That’s what I have to figure out.

There’s a guy trying to pay his fare with a chicken and the next scene is Sun Bak is sat at her desk when a chicken startles her and me too. This is really exciting.

Over in Britain, Riley is now seeing two bearded men dancing in bird costumes, or at least I think their bird costumes.

And I’ve just clocked Martha Jones from DOCTOR WHO

The rest of the episode played out with just as much mystery and lots of characters spread all over, I need to figure who is who and where they are, with so many places I end up forgetting.

ssd.jpg

This is where she died

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,011
    I'm so excited you started this and I can't wait to read your thoughts. I really fell in love with the show and I'm gutted it's been cancelled. At least we are getting a movie in 2018 to wrap things up.

The cast is fantastic and sort of like Lost, you slowly learn more and more about each character's life and find that your favorites shift and evolve. It's a fun, fast ride.

I love her in this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    I Am Also a We

The bizarre and unexplained continues with so much excitement inside me I’m trying to capture each scene, but they happen so fast.

Nomi’s mother is horrible.

There are moments where I’m completely thrown by the scenes. Wolfgang is chatting away with a woman, saying he’s not looking for a relationship and then he sees Kala walk past. For a split second I’m thinking ‘what’s she doing here’ and then it clicks, it’s another illusion. It must have been quite a challenge to make and edit this story.

I’ve not seen many scenes where a girl stumbles on a man’s lover and this happens

sense81.jpg
    “The problem is honey that you don’t have a cock”
    sense8 2.jpg

Jonas is wanted by the FBI which makes him more than a figment of someone’s imagination. Now he’s appeared in Nomi’s hospital room, this is mind-blowing!

Why are people against Will saving that kid’s life? Twice he has been told that the kid might end up shooting and killing someone, but what about the other side – ya know where the kid grows up and doesn’t shoot anyone?

So far, what I’ve worked out is

• Will has some issue with someone called Sara
    • Nomi has something medically wrong, I just can’t remember what it was called

Yeah, it’s not much, is it ?

Neets has photo evidence that Jonas is real – now I’m wondering if Neets is actually real or someone Nomi has created in her own mind.

Will isn’t sleeping, he needs something to help him sleep and while pondering what to buy, in walks Jonas, I’m so freakin’ excited by all this.

The ending with Will chasing Jonas was fantastic and even more when Joans appeared in Will’s car and Will appeared in Jonas’ car.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    It's so like LOST but from an opposite angle. In LOST they were thrown together and had to live with each other, here they are thrown together, but live in different parts of the world. I never believed anything could come close to LOST in terms of the strange and bizarre connections, and here we are.

Only two episodes in and I'm totally engaged with the story and some of the characters. There's a few that I haven't noticed much from, Rikley, Capheus & Sun, but I realise there's so much to still happen, that it would difficult to try and fit them all in, in such a short time as two episodes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    I liked all the dancing and the orgies and the character interaction in general but I found the actual story to be rather dull.

Yeah, and you certainly do clock a lot of Martha in this...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    Can you remember when you started to feel this way?

I'm just two episodes in and the story isn't easy to read, all I have in my head is where is it going and why these particular characters, but at the same time I'm totally captivated by the whole thing.

7. Canon

Canon Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +514
    Yes, it might have taken a few episodes for the story to even kick in. I certainly had no real interest in the plot by the end of S1 - it's the character interaction, the relationships that makes the show. The plot kind of comes second to all of that, and maybe that's the whole point?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Toni

Toni Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,979
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    If there´s one original TV show for every decade, "Sense8" is the one for the 10´s. At least, IMHO. It´s engaging, fascinating, provocative, thrilling, sexy, enigmatic, energetic, and so many more things ending with a c...so to say.

I´m sure you´ll love it when you get to the end of Season 1, if not before. They manage to make all the sensates (+their couples) the most sympathetic, charismatic characters in current TV, despite the (complex) morality of some of them, and the (also complex) lives of the others.

@Ome, did you know that the actor who plays closeted actor Lito (Miguel Ángel Silvestre) is actually Spanish and has quite a sex-symbol reputation among both sexes? Here is a proof of his very strong sex appeal in bed (X-rated pic, of course):​
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

I won´t say that his status is the same as Lito´s because Spain is far more liberated (esp. the artists), but there is an alluring ambiguity around him because he is not married but dates women, but he has never said he is not gay either. Wise guy, I hope he´ll go to Hollywood and get better roles than Antonio Banderas´...

Oh and the whole cast is just great: I´ve watched them in other works (Doona Bae in "The Host" and "Cloud Atlas", Max Riemelt - my BIG favorite - in "Freier Fall", B.J. Smith in "SGU", Alfonso Herrera in "The Exorcist" series, Tina Desai in both "Exotic Marigold Hotel"´s, or Tuppence Middleton in "The Imitation Game" or the "War and Peace" miniseries...), and the casting people have gathered an impressive bunch of young talented actors. Kudos to the Wachowski sisters...

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,011
    It was also quite expensive to make, which I've read is one of the main reasons it was cancelled.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,011
    This has been on my list to watch for quite a while and I didn't even realize that Riemelt was in it. That makes me want to see it even more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,979
    I watched it not long ago, and it´s quite good, despite the cliche territory. The characters come across as very believable and true, and might have been just another movie of "gays falling in love at the wrong time", if you know what I mean...Oh and the sex scenes are...well, look at this:

Register or to view Spoiler content!

Do you think that with those two hunks the movie can be anything but awesome? Both are great actors, too. Oh and I just found out that a sequel is on its way...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,011
    I've decided to watch it today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    Smart Money's on the Skinny Bitch

Riley has thrown away her money and her drugs. Now it’s great she’s doing this with her drugs, but money……???

The scenes where Will is looking at a police report of a missing girl and Sun is looking at some papers while thinking back to when she was a child enhanced by the music is brilliant, it sounds just like the music used on LOST when they were in the ‘hatch’ with Desmond.

The meal Lito was having with Joaquin was pretty tense, only to get more awkward for Lito when he’s accused of sleeping with Daniela. This is great!

Okay, that seemed to play out well for Lito in the end, I guess the real question is, was that the end of Joaquin?

It was great to see more with Capheus, but so tragic when he was robbed, though rewarding to watch him chase the guys and start beating on him. No sooner am I enthralled with Capheus and then Will appears just to screw with my head again.

Oh man, this is a severe brain mash with Sun fighting Capheus’ fight.

These episodes go pretty fast.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    I think you're spot on. I've just been going through the shows I've watched recently and while there has been some brilliant engaging drama, STRANGER THINGS, BATES MOTEL, THIS IS US, WHEN WE RISE, GOTHAM & and other hero stuff. Sense8 has much more diversity and with the nature of this, they can just about go anywhere.

No, and I love reading little tidbits like this.

Goddamit, I am sick of networks pulling the plug on good shows.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    Whats Going On

Well, isn’t this title just the best??

The show has its moments where you feel really good. Seeing the rich life Sun has and then moving over to Nairobi to see how Capheus lives without and I find myself thinking how I would hate to live like Capheus. Arriving at his ‘Van Damme’ van and seeing it busting with passengers brought great joy to him and me. Here’s hoping that today does turn out to be a good one for Capheus and his mother.

Just when I thought it was bad news with Capheus getting carted off by the police, it turns out to be quite a dramatic dilemma, work as a criminal and save your mother, or do nothing and live with the guilt that you could have helped your mother. Of course, this is the wrong thing to do, but when you’re in that car seat with that question – well…

Knock me out, Sun just did that with a bouncer at a club and then Lykke Li’s song “Get Some” starts playing.

With so much going on in the lives of the characters, I’m finding that I’m forgetting about the connection with Jonas that is until he turns up in Will’s head.

These horrible parents are coming out of the woodwork, first its Nomi’s mum and now Sun’s father is happy for her to take the blame and whatever comes by confessing to the crimes her brother committed.

The meeting with Jonas & Will is starting to take effect, with Will trying to connect with Nomi.

O-M-G! I’ve just had a LOST encounter where all the characters were brought together through the power of song. That’s 4 Non Blondes if you’re keeping up…

Ha! And there goes the title of this episode.

You do realise this song is going to be on my next playlist and played to death…..

Gosh, now I’m singing along and I don’t know all the lyrics!

Now I’m climbing the walls screaming the chorus as Wolfie & Daniela are on the rooftop singing away.

It's way past Ome's bedtime, but I couldn't go without finishing this episode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,011
    That is one of my favorite moments in the series.

It was immediately added to my playlist as well. There are three songs, counting this one, currently in my Favorites playlist thanks to this show.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jason73

Jason73 Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,011
    I really liked it. It was definitely well worn territory for a gay movie, but it was well written and the acting was excellent. Riemelt was terrific in it--so hot. And yes . . . the sex scenes were . . . fun. :D I hope they can manage to get the sequel off the ground.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Toni

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,979
    Imdb says this about the sequel:

"The crowdfunding campaign goal was 100,000 euro, but raised 133,919 euro in the end. They are now able to start the script development." :spinning::dance:

Gotta love this video... :BL:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    Art is Like a Religion

I’m glad Capheus managed to get the bag where it needed to be, but what a let-down to see it was all just a test. I don’t like where this could be heading for him. He seems a great lad and, but soon I fear he will end up on the wrong side, if he isn’t there already.

I don’t know if the sequences (Will & Lito in the shoot-off) are getting better each episode, or just that they’ve always been this good and I’m still enjoying each one like it’s the first one.

The meeting with Sun & Capheus was interesting, he sees the spirit, while she isn’t open to that idea, and she’s treating it as another Hallucination

Another great montage to end the episode.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ome

Ome Admin

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    Demons

Will’s idea of swapping phone numbers was great, this way they can test it out if they can contact each other the humanly physical way. Then I start to question, if they’re just more hallucinations, like is this really happening, or is it all in their heads.

Sun confessing to save her father & brother is criminal and so much more because they just stand there and let her take it. I hope there’s some kind of revenge for this.

Kala’s story is fascinating, not only doesn’t she love Rajan, she has a love for a man she does not know and he looks like he wants her not as a trophy, but as a woman he’s falling for.

Poor Sun! Look at her staring at her father & brother. I hope they go down for this.

Dear Lord! This montage to Macy Gray’s “Demons” is even more daring than UK Queer as Folk

• Like Like x 2