Serial Killers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sarah, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,558
    Medals:
    It's getting close to Halloween and although they don't just come out at Halloween, they are forever present in our society.

I'm talking of course about serial killers.

I have a lifelong fascination with them, and today just read about the one they are calling America's most prolific - Samuel Little.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49976037

As if anyone in the US could beat Bundy. (But they did and have, he's just the most well known).

What I'm wondering is, have any of you, US based or otherwise, ever been around at the time a serial killer was prolific in your state/country/area?

Richard Ramirez, John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Gary Ridgeway, all in the US, The Yorkshire Ripper, Fred and Rose West in the UK, Andrei Chikatilo in the then Soviet Union....the list of serial killers goes on and is growing by the day.

So have any of you been caught up in the fear of one on your doorstep or operating in your vicinity? Perhaps you lived in California in the 80's when Richard Ramirez was prowling the streets or wanted a cheap place to lay your head in Gloucester, only to find that Cromwell Street wasn't as near to your university as you thought?

Do tell...

[​IMG]

2. Snarky's Ghost

Snarky's Ghost Soap Chat Oracle

Message Count:
    INFJ
    Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +7,977
    Medals:
    Their psychologies are really not very interesting, frankly. Sometimes, when one is on the loose, it might make for compelling melodrama (I recall how creepy the Atlanta Child Murders case was at the time), but the killer himself is always just another narcissistic sociopath, and their mindsets are usually similar: mean-spirited (obviously), weirdly conservative yet prone to shock tactics, boringly rationalizing, usually intelligent but for naught.

Yuck and yawn.

• Informative Informative x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 5)