Series of Vignettes...based on JR and Sue Ellen..

Discussion in 'JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction' started by Sarah, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Sarah

Sarah Super Moderator Staff Member Original Member Since 1998

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,322
    Medals:
    I'm really hoping to get back into the swing of writing again, so I thought I'd start out with a few little short 'vignettes', based on my favourite couple naturally.... (JR and Sue Ellen for those who don't know me or have been living under a rock ;) )

A series of Vignettes...for JR and Sue Ellen....

Air brushed through the room as the Texas heat threatened to engulf them both. He watched her sleep as the breeze brushed through her tousled hair.

Brains...broads..and booty... She was certainly no broad - not like that anyway - but he knew she most definitely had the booty and was now appreciating she also had the brains.

C: As he lay in bed beside his child bride, JR wished he hadn't made such a mess of everything. He wished she was there. Why did he marry Cally?

D: It was something she rarely thought of and when she did, she pushed it out of her mind. In death, would they be together....or apart?

E: Ewing. That name. She'd been one longer than she'd ever been a Shepard. And she wasn't letting it go. Especially to some no good tramp hell bent on taking it from her.

F: As the jumbo jet landed at London Heathrow Airport she had her freedom in front of her. So why didn't she feel free?

G: He watched her from his car as she galloped off into the sunset, dust reverberating from the horses' hooves...

H: High above the streets of Dallas, JR surveyed his empire, knowing that in just a few short hours he would be dancing in the arms of the woman who'd asked him to be her date for a very special evening...

I: Inside her own office, Sue Ellen bit her bottom lip in nervous anticipation at what the evening ahead held...

J: Here lies JR Ewing...This is the only deal he ever lost. Her heart broke all over again as she read the inscription on his headstone.

K: She may not get another chance. Questioning herself for only a moment, she kissed him for the first time in what seemed like forever, as he left to meet BD Calhoun.

L: It all came down to a choice. What was lust with one, was true love with the other. And JR chose the other.

M: Sue Ellen slammed the door as she forcefully and finally told Mandy Winger that 'if you ever come near my husband again - I will end you'.

N: As night fell over Southfork Ranch, they huddled close to each other, until sleep overwhelmed them.

O: 'It's like this Ozwald', Sue Ellen calmly told him, crossing her arms at her desk. 'If you want her that badly, you can go and join her in her cheap movies. But if you ever bring her into my office again, I will personally see to it that the only place you kind find work, is starring along side her'.

P: Sue Ellen gasped in delight as she opened the small black box, containing the pear-shaped diamond ring inside.

Q: Queen? Of course she was the Queen. And looking at him standing across the room in his tuxedo, he was surely her King.

R: Any time someone tried to woo her, they always made the mistake of sending her red roses. So when her favourite yellow ones arrived, she knew they were from him.

S: She knew he was staring at her, even with the crowd of others at the reception that evening. She could feel his eyes on her, but just to check she looked back, catching him off guard as her eyes met his. With them, it was so much more than just the sex.

T: He enjoyed the feel of her fingers as she helped thread his tie. As she gently pulled the final knot, she surprised and delighted him with a sensual kiss.

U: He couldn't resist opening the drawer and admiring her expensive underwear. Seeing his bureau filled with her things again, made him smile.

V: She signed on the dotted line, happy to be free of her self made empire - ready to move on to the next chapter in her life. Alongside the man she loved.

W: As the wind gathered, Sue Ellen was more than happy to be staying in with JR, rather than having to drive downtown to a boring meeting.

X: The x-ray showed that there was no permanent damage to her spine after the blast. But it also showed the presence of another human being.

Y: He held her hand and told her it didn't matter if the woman she had been confronted by was younger. His lips lightly brushed hers as he whispered 'I'm Yours..'

Z: Sue Ellen had a zest for life now which JR found completely and utterly captivating....

Hope you enjoy :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Justine

Justine Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +667
    These are all cute bits. F and R are my favourites!

3. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,322
    Medals:
    Thank you so much for the feedback @Justine! I've just started writing again after a long period of abstinence lol so that means an awful lot.

4. Alexia

Alexia Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +565
    Wonderful stories Sarah!!!! L & Y are just… no words...:love5::kiss:

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  5. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,322
    Medals:
    Och really, thanks so much @Alexia - it really means a lot to have such great feedback as I find the nerve to start writing again!

6. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +8,968
    Medals:
    I look forward to read more when you continue writing. :)

D and J were really sad. I believe people are reunited when they die though.

I like how H and I fit together.

7. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,322
    Medals:
    I have another one coming. I just need to get these out!!

8. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,322
    Medals:
    This one is set around the time Sue Ellen is kidnapped by BD Calhoun and the aftermath. *Certain details of original scene may change*.

Stay....

Sue Ellen dabbed tears from her eyes as she tried to compose herself for another family meal at Southfork. The trauma of what had happened to her last night was starting to register and she felt alone and scared. JR had burst into her bedroom that morning demanding an explanation as to why a set of photographs had arrived at his office. Pictures of her naked. Naked with BD Calhoun sat by her bedside grinning like a menacing killer. Unbeknownst to Sue Ellen, JR's first thoughts hadn't been of jealousy, but of fear. Fear that what was danger had actually been misconstrued by Sue Ellen as being charm. Fear that she had started an affair with this man. Confusion as to why she would have, after she had shown such a powerful interest in him by running his mistress out of town.

Sue Ellen knew in her heart that she wasn't doing either of the things that the family sadly suspected her of. She wasn't having an affair and she certainly wasn't drinking. Following her conversation with JR that morning, they had deduced that she had been drugged and that Calhoun had somehow kidnapped her while under the influence of that drug - giving him the time and safety to take the pictures in private.

What Sue Ellen feared most was that she had been raped. She didn't feel any different, or that that was the case, but it didn't prevent the images being in her mind and it didn't stop the embarrassment or shame of wondering had she been assaulted. She felt lower than she had in a long time, angry that her new life was being blighted by this when she was trying so hard to stay positive and create a new life for herself.

JR had swore that morning that he didn't know him. So Sue Ellen didn't understand why she had been targeted specifically. Was this man just a dangerous predator who knew who she was and had wanted to take her for himself? For what purpose would he have kidnapped her, other than for his own sadistic purposes, only to return her the next day?

A knock at the door jolted her from her thoughts.

"Sue Ellen, it's me..."

Sue Ellen took a deep breath. She wasn't in the mood to have JR grill her over where she'd been but for the first time in a long time she felt pleased to hear his voice. She wanted to be near him. She had for a while now, but JR also offered something that few men did - safety. His very presence was enough to make her feel safe.

"Come in..."

"You feeling any better?" JR asked, purposefully meaning to sound as gentle as he could while closing the door tight.

"A little..", Sue Ellen said softly.

"I've eh...I've gotta ask you a question", JR said.

Sue Ellen sighed. "JR I told you I am not having an affair".

"No.. I didn't come here to accuse you. I've got to know that man's name", JR said as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"JR I told you before I can't remember anything that happened last night..."

"Not last night, the other times you met him. Now think hard. Did he give you his name?"

A few moments of silence passed. Then, just like a light switch going off, Sue Ellen said "Duncan! Peter Duncan!"

JR was relieved. This gave him something to work with. BD Calhoun wasn't so clever. This was all going to catch up with him.

From her place in front of her mirror, Sue Ellen tearfully said, "Can you imagine how I feel....not knowing whether he raped me or not?"

JR was shocked. It was the most honest she had been with him in a long time. Opening up to him like this. It was as if he was the only person she could talk to.

He felt himself becoming defensive of his wife, horrified at the thought of it and said "He didn't rape you. Rape is not his style."

Sue Ellen immediately realised that JR had lied and JR immediately realised he'd given himself away.

"Then you do know him..."

"Yes I do"

"Then who is he?!", Sue Ellen begged in frustration. "JR, do you know that I am so afraid I can't even leave the house. I'm afraid he might come after me again. And w..what if he comes after the children? Do you think he'd do that?"

JR wanted to go to her but briefly hesitated before throwing all caution to the wind. He stood up and moved to her side.

"He's not gonna bother you again" JR said, immediately taking control of a situation that was fast becoming too hard to handle. "Or the boys. I'm gonna take care of him".

Sue Ellen started to panic again and tears started to flow. JR sat beside her on the bedroom stool as she asked "But why is this happening? Tell me something, anything!"

As her eyes met his, his heart ached for her. But he couldn't tell her. He couldn't risk her going to the police. It would cost him everything he'd worked for. But more importantly, he couldn't risk her knowing the details of something that might jeopardise her safety further. If she knew and understood his involvement with Calhoun, she may be tempted to do something which could unknowingly put her and John Ross at risk. He just wouldn't take the chance.

"I can't...I just can't...." JR said, trying to communicate with his eyes and tone of voice that he wished he could confide in her. As her hands came to hold his, he used his free hand to touch her, softly stroking the top of her arm. "But I don't want you to be scared, I want you to be careful. We've been through some major battles Sue Ellen.." he said and she managed a soft smile as if wanting so badly to leave all their troubles in the past.

JR went on, "But no matter what happened between us...the last thing I wanna see, is for you to be hurt...."

His hands didn't leave hers and their eyes met. She needed him. Wanted him. His strength, his protection which she had rarely seen in present times. She sensed he wanted to give it to her, but something was holding him back.

JR too wanted nothing more than to be close to her in that moment. He too could feel how much she needed him to take control of this situation. But he also knew Sue Ellen and could read her expressions more than anyone knew how to. There was no one on the planet who could say more with their eyes without saying a single word. The changing expressions in them that seemed to be their own unique pools of wonder. How one moment he could look at her and see fire and anger, the next he would see passion and desire. How they would seemingly change in colour from hazel to a deep brown depending on how the light caught them, or dependant on her mood. Sue Ellen didn't know, but all through their years together, JR had used them as his moral compass for what she needed. All he saw in them now was vulnerability.

He saw her deep need for him. Not for anything sexual at that moment, but for something else, something more than sex. She was non verbally asking him to stay, to protect her. He hadn't felt this closeness to her in a long time but looking in her eyes very quickly reminded him of why he was and always had been, so endlessly captivated by her. Sue Ellen was a chameleon - firecracker one moment and China doll the next.

He had seen a change in her since she had revealed her secret that she was the one behind Valentine Lingerie. She thought he hadn't really noticed, save for the night of her confession when he gave her his compliments as to how impressed he was with her new found business acumen. He was secretly championing her. Championing her to stay sober, to be the Sue Ellen he had first met. He didn't always show it, but he was on her side.

As much as he wanted to, he knew that in order to protect her to the best of his ability, it wasn't going to happen if he let his defences down now. She was the vulnerable one now, so in the essence of their push-pull relationship, he had to be the strong one. Falling under her spell again at that moment wasn't going to benefit either of them. She may end up falling foul to something JR couldn't stop if he allowed her to get too close to him and if he lowered his guard given the high risk situation they were in and threw caution to the wind at that moment, BD may well have JR - and his family - right where he wanted them.

No, JR reasoned to himself. The best thing to do was to deal with BD first - sort him out and get him out of the way, then forge a safe path back to Sue Ellen afterwards. Despite his reasoning, it didn't make it any easier to let go of her hands, stand up and walk away from her when she clearly needed him so much. She looked heartbroken when he chose to walk away.

JR immediately went to his bedroom and phoned the Huntley House Hotel, the cheap motel that Calhoun had taken Sue Ellen too the night before. "Hello, do you have a Peter Duncan registered there?"

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Having found 'Mr Duncan's' hotel room but not the man himself, JR had returned with Bobby to Southfork, feeling slightly frustrated as he had hoped the evening would have closed with everyone being able to move on, while BD Calhoun was in the care of the Dallas Police. It turned out not to be. Calhoun wasn't there but had left JR a rather sinister video message. JR walked along the long Southfork hall to his bedroom, pulling his tie open and heading for the mini bar inside. Downing a quick shot of Bourbon and slamming the glass on the counter, his temper was softened when his thoughts again turned to Sue Ellen. He looked at his watch. 10:30pm.

Everything he had thought earlier seemed to still make sense, but he was pulled by an urge to see her. To check on her and make sure she was ok. How did he know that when he had left the Ranch earlier that evening that Calhoun hadn't made another move to get to her? JR knew it unlikely as Sue Ellen wasn't the target, but JR couldn't explain despite his seemingly logical explanation to himself when he'd been with Sue Ellen before dinner, why he was now walking back towards her room.

He listened at her door. Quiet. This time not knocking, he gently opened her door and immediately saw her lying in her normal sleeping position on her tummy, with her head turned to the right. It was another warm night in Texas and although she wore a sheer black teddy, the covers weren't covering her body. It was almost enough to take his breath away. Despite this, he needed to make sure she was alright. That she was safe. That she was breathing.

Sue Ellen's room was smaller than JR's and he had to manoeuvre his way around her beside table. He tried to be as quiet as he could as he leaned in the semi darkness towards her, bending close to her. He couldn't help himself. He sat on the bed beside where she slept, his hand moving to stroke her hair away from her face. He let his hand drift to her back and felt the warmth of her tanned skin under his fingers.

She shifted slightly, as if aware he was there. Still he didn't move. JR was a man who had been accused in the past of being as cold as ice but he too needed warmth and comfort, especially at times like this. And it was usually Sue Ellen he wanted when he felt this much despair. She gave him something that no one else, no other woman even, could. Even he couldn't explain it himself.

He didn't notice her eyes opening. And although she didn't sit up in shock, she was obviously momentarily dazed as she gasped and turned over on her back.

He understood given the trauma she'd suffered.

"It's me", he said softly.

"JR..." she whispered. After a few seconds quiet she said "You came back..."

He could just make out a soft smile of satisfaction in the dim light of the room.

He continued to stroke her hair, before his hand moved down her face, his fingers tracing her cheek, his hand falling to her shoulder and delicately tracing along her arm, before his fingers came to rest in the palm of her hand.

He couldn't help himself. He dropped a light kiss on her forehead and whispered, "I'm sorry...." It held so many meanings. Sorry for the kidnap and humiliation, sorry for leaving her earlier, sorry for not being there to protect her, sorry for not being a better husband.

"Stay with me...." she said, gently finding the words she couldn't find earlier.

JR needed no further invitation. Moving from a seated position beside her to leaning back with his head against the headrest, she moulded herself to him, not needing permission to put her arm around his waist, lying her head on his stomach as he protectively brought his closest arm around her.

JR wouldn't sleep tonight. But Sue Ellen would. That's what he wanted. BD Calhoun wasn't going to come to find Sue Ellen in the dark at Southfork. She knew that by JR being there. And if for some reason he did....

He'd have to get through JR Ewing first.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +8,968
    Medals:
    I love it. There is something about the first scene that has always bugged me. I mean how she needed him and was crying ans he was unable to comfort her. But you totally fixed that in your second scene. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,322
    Medals:
    Thank you Karin. Why do you think he couldn’t comfort her? Did my explanation make sense on it? That was the original wording from the scene.

11. zephiey

zephiey Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I enjoyed all of them, although R is my favorite.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,322
    Medals:
    Thanks so much @zephiey - really appreciate that!

13. Goldie

Goldie Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Welcome back, Sarah! You've been missed.
    :dance:
    X really touched me because of how the dream season ended. They should've had another child.

Keep on writing!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Sarah

Message Count:
    Actress
    Ratings:
    +5,322
    Medals:
    Thanks @Goldie - really pleased to see you. Tell me did you get a chance to read One Last Time @zephiey too?

I want to continue it shortly. Hint hint @Goldie plenty of chance for you to write as well......Paris is a callin'!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Karin Schill

Message Count:
    Journalist
    Ratings:
    +8,968
    Medals:
    Glad to see you @Goldie :)
    I agree that JR/SE should have had another child on the show. I bet if they had known back then that Dallas would have come back in 2012 they would have given them another child. Personally I would have preferred for it to be a daughter.

I know I recognized the dialogue from the scene. ;)
    Yes I think you did a great job of describing what went on in JR's mind there. I'm looking forward to read more of your writing. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Honkytonkangel

Honkytonkangel Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +297
    X is my favourite. It should totally be a whole story.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1