1. Show your support for DALLAS in the battle of the soaps

The Character's Exit

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are experiencing some issues and there may be some downtime to correct this. Apologies for any inconvenience

Dismiss Notice

Set changes you liked...

Discussion in 'Dallas - The Original Series' started by Snarky's Ghost, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Via The Void
    Breezy

Via The Void Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +420
    Southfork was a TARDIS, it was bigger on the inside than on the outside. The interior of the house existed in a different dimension, so the gym could've been anywhere.

This also explains how Miss Ellie changed faces. Being a Time Lord, she regenerated into a different form. However she maybe preferred her previous incarnation & regenerated again taking on her original form.

On no account tell the producers of Doctor Who this as Warner Brothers who acquired Lorimar back in the late 1980's may get sued for breach of contract! ;) :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. BD Calhoun

BD Calhoun Soap Chat Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +358
    Original Member Since:
    June 2001
    For me, they never topped the interiors used in the mini-series (season 1 per DVD count). Although the second Southfork set also had wood paneling, it wasn't nearly as beautiful as the first interior. It was also bigger, and even the dining room had wood paneling. I always hated the tacky decor of Southfork #2, as well as the vine wall paper in the dining room.

Although the wood paneling really suited the first Southfork, I thought the second Southfork looked best during season 7 and 8 (per DVD). I loved the upstairs hallway, the living room received a much needed expansion, and I always liked the gold and tan color scheme. I wasn't a fan of the darker wood trim that was used from season 9 on. The set also started to look cluttered. At one point, random portraits appeared above the stairs. It felt less cozy, and was a rather transparent attempt at showing opulence. Because, you know, Dynasty.

As for offices, I again thought the ones used in the mini series were the best. It had a larger lobby, and even showed more than just the two secretaries working there. The offices were also larger and wood paneled. The dentist offices that replaced them were small and drab, but I did like the upgrade they received in season 6. The Ewing offices used in the final three seasons were also nice, although JR's was the size of a broom closet. Of course, the show never missed a chance to point that out since JR was the butt of everyone's jokes at that point.