Shelley Morrison dies.....

Discussion in 'Celebrity Scuttlebutt' started by TJames03, Dec 2, 2019.

1. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +837
    Medals:
  2. Edie70

Edie70 Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +619
    Damn it, this was unexpected. She was perfect on Will and Grace.

3. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat TV Fanatic

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +837
    Medals:
    W&G is, without a doubt, one of the most destructive shows towards the LGBTQ ever aired. Utterly cliched in every single way. How it lasted past one episode is beyond me. I can’t believe the show had a revival.

4. Treeviewer

Treeviewer Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,912
    Medals:
    That's sad. I never got into Will & Grace but I remember her fondly as Sister Sixto on The Flying Nun.

5. The Holiday Whore

The Holiday Whore Soap Chat Warrior

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,918
    Medals:
    I think that is a bogus claim. It did what it could at the time for what it was. It was a sitcom. Not a drama. It had to be funny, and somewhat stereotypical. All sitcoms are formulaic. I think it did a lot for the gay community in America and world wide. I have known a lot of Jack's and Karen's and Will and Grace's in my life. Those types do exist. Boy do they exist. The show was for the most part very funny. Of course it was a neutered alternate reality version of what life for gay people was like. But what was the Mary Tyler Moore show? Or Friends for that matter? Was that a mirror held up to reality? No...

Will and Grace made the prospect of gay people in straight people's lives more real. They weren't going to molest your kids. They weren't just immoral deviants. It wouldn't be the end of the world if your son was gay. He could be successful and happy and a good person. It showed parents who loved and accepted their gay children. It slowly, slowly pushed the envelope. Now we have gay characters in primetime shows, that are actually gay. Gay characters that don't have to be tragic or Machiavellian. They can just be normal people, but gay. Now we have a serious primetime show about Trans women in 1980s America. These things all happen slowly, bit by bit and Will and Grace was definitely a step on that road. It did do it's bit for recognition and acceptance. It did what it could at the time.