1. The World Cup of Soap Operas

Click here for more details
    Dismiss Notice

Sheridan Exits As Alexis In New Dynasty

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by garry, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Emelee

Emelee Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,742
    Medals:
    She's a mental case these days. Hasn't she been arrested like 5 (or 50) times in recent years? Intoxicated, attacking people, rehab and repeat.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Matthew Blaisdel

Matthew Blaisdel Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
    Ratings:
    +3,150
    Medals:
    I just hope they don't contract yet another southamerican daily-soap-actress now... :re:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,150
    Medals:
    They should just give the part to Joan Collins now and pay her whatever she wants for gods sake! Of course without any further explanation about the age difference onscreen, maybe a little remark from Fallon that she has suddenly "darker hair" now. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,260
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alexis

Alexis Soap Chat Champion

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,147
    Medals:
    What a phucking train wreck. It's like trying to out do the original in the recast department. This is why they never should have recast Cristal. They should have just kept her and made it work somehow. I was initially so excited for Nicollette to be cast in the role. She was practically perfect but they reimagined the character too much and she was just a one note joke. Nicollette was totally wasted in the role anyways. I cant imagine what absolute desperados are still tuning in for this crap. They can not recast Alexis. That's so stupid. If they have any sense they should kill her off and have her sister step in, in her place. Enter Caress, or better still since they have retconned everything else they should make it that Sable is her sister and have some firey red head step in as her sister. Maybe that redhead from Melrose Place. Sidney? The one who wasn't Marcia Cross.

Although what even half decent actress is gonna go near this show now with it's flat lined ratings and troubled production problems.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Matthew Blaisdel

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,150
    Medals:
    Yeah.... that show is just doomed... now more than ever before.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Karin Schill

Karin Schill Super Moderator Staff Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,629
    Medals:
    I'm sorry to hear that her mother is ill. :( I think she is doing the right thing. Nothing is more important than family.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  8. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,147
    Medals:
    It actually would have worked if they kept the original Cristal and then had Nicollette as Alexis for 2 seasons, then kill her off with Cristal somehow suspected of being responsible for Alexis' death. Then Alexis' sister steps in and she now has a reason to hate Cristal. Even though Cristal is cleared of any wrong doing, Alexis' sister truly believes that Cristal murdered her sister, and so an ongoing feud ensues.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Grant Jennings

Grant Jennings Soap Chat Fan

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +754
    Here and on other sites people are bashing the show as a "hot mess" yet the producers did the right thing by letting Sheridan out of her contract to care for her mother.

I wasn't a fan of Sheridan's Alexis but I don't lay the blame at her feet; the writers turned a character who was originally "mercurial" into a ditz and the costumers mistook "over the top" to mean tacky.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,147
    Medals:
    I mean the show was a hell of a hot mess even before Sheridan needed to leave. The Cristal recast and then ditching Steven were warning signs but the show's writing was a steaming hot mess.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +18,861
    Medals:
    Because it is, although there's nothing "hot" about this show.
    But no-one's ever said that they aren't nice people. And the actors are the loveliest bunch really but that's not why we watch these shows.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. AZLiam

AZLiam Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +133
    UGh...

Part of me wishes they would keep an open-door policy for Nicollette to return. That way, they can send Alexis off to jail for the murder of Mark. They could do a reverse Alexis/Caress storyline and have Alexis framed by Caress for Mark's murder because she was responsible for Caress serving time in jail. Serving time in prison would give Alexis ample reason to evolve and return with quite a chip on her shoulder in high bitch form with plenty of revenge to serve once she learns she was framed.

Either that or bring on Sable/Dominique in the meanwhile.

On a side note, I was reading somewhere that a viewer thought Kate Vernon would be a good recast since she has features similar to Nicollette and I thought that was an interesting choice, and she knows how to play a bitch.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Christine

Christine Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +183
    I don't really understand why she has to leave the show for good? Her terminally ill mother is sadly going to pass away sooner or later.Why can't they leave the door open for NS?
    This might sound cruel but I am having a bad day and this news is not making my day any better...
    I can't really fully understand Nicollette's decision. After getting fired from DH and after going to court against Marc Cherry we all thought she was dead in Hollywood for all eternity. So I thought she was extremely lucky to get this job on Dynasty. It doesn't make sense to me that she's blowing this second chance. She might not get a third one.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Christine

Christine Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +183
    I do understand that she needs some time off to take care of her mother. But why close the door for good.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,014
    Medals:
    Dominique's supposed to be coming. The character can finally be the bitch Diahann Carroll wanted her to be... until or unless the show screws her up too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,147
    Medals:
    Aint nobody gonna be around to see her.

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,014
    Medals:
    You'll be around. We all will. Otherwise there'll be nothing to bitch about. :lol:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Alexis

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +8,147
    Medals:
    Oh I haven't been around for a long while now. Sheridan wasn't the only Alexis to exit the show.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Gabriel Maxwell

Gabriel Maxwell Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
    Ratings:
    +1,875
    What I want to know (in addition to whom they'll hire to take over the role) is who gets recast next? Blake? Fallon? One of those Colbys?

Of course that doesn't necessarily exclude the possibility that she no longer perceives the role on this show a great opportunity.

Well, look at it this way. The original show recast all 4 children, this show gets to recast both leading ladies (if we, for a moment, disregard the fact Fallon is the actual leading lady on this show).

I liked her in season 1. She brought fresh energy and the promise of more addictive storylines ahead, which is exactly what she was supposed to do. Sadly, after the fire & time jump, her character has become a mix of Edie Britt & cartoonish Alexis from the weaker seasons of DYNASTY. Thus, her character has mirrored the show overall -- it had palpable momentum in late season 1, which appears to have been squandered since.

I assume it will have something to do with the Mark Jennigs incident. If so, at least they will have used an iconic Alexis scene to set the stage for her exit.

Don't forget hoarding clothes, speaking in voices and using Clorox wipes on her face. Allegedly...

Yeeeees! Thank you. The actress was just fine. It was the writers who didn't seem to be able to decide who she actually was. I didn't mind her being different from the original, but there was a little too much flip-flop in her characterization.

Oh, I like that idea very much.

I fear the show's obvious budget constraints will not allow for another veteran actress with solid "prime-time soap credentials". It was a very different climate when Sheridan was cast in late 2017, just weeks after the show's premiere, when The CW was putting more effort into turning it into a buzz-generating hit.

Or they could either kill Alexis off or throw her in jail for life and replace her with Alexis' mother - played by Joan Collins. She comes to Atlanta to seek revenge for her daughter. The one character the original series never got to (or dared to) cast, finally comes to life in the reboot.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. James from London

James from London Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,529
    Medals:
    It may not be all her decision. It may very well be that we aren't being told the full story. TV series are really complicated. There are so many factors involved in the decision-making process. The ones the public get to hear about are only the tip of the iceberg. The people who appear to be in charge aren't necessarily the ones who have the final say. But ultimately yeah, it's disappointing news.

• Agree Agree x 3