Sheridan Exits As Alexis In New Dynasty

Discussion in 'Dynasty 2017' started by garry, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    Who said anything about saving this show? I'm just enjoying watching this slow-motion train-wreck. It'll be all over in a year or two (depending on whether it gets a 4th season or not - and don't any of you say "It won't", because a lot of you were surprised when it got a 3rd season; you can never tell these days). Then we can all look back on this and laugh... and start new discussions like, "How would you re-write the remake?" :lol:

2. Toni

Toni Soap Chat Star

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +4,646
    Medals:
    September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
    If The WC needs to fill their hours, then just change the name to "Atlanta Gossip Girls" and it would probably get bigger audience numbers...and an endless TV life in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    :lmao:

4. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,267
    It will get a 4th year.
    But while I would have been eagerly anticipating a prequel set in the 60s, I never wanted a reboot (in fact hardly anyone here had mentioned it before the CW) nor a continuation given the absences of actors.
    When it was announced, and THE VENUE that announced it, made me cringe. Then the trailer...need I say more?

The peach Dynasty has been, for this Dynasty fan, the embarrassing relative that you hoped never existed coming in and taking over your party. You know he/she can't stay forever, but you are exasperated while they are around, feel like you have betrayed your guests, and wonder whether anyone will still feel like talking and socializing after the nuisance is gone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +143
    It's a miracle that Dynasty has been granted a 3rd season given how chaotic and dysfunctional things have been on screen and off. And now with Nicollette Sheridan being the 3rd major cast member to leave the show in less than a year, it makes you wonder why in the hell the CW is even allowing this show to still remain on air in the first place.

I mean, this is beyond embarrassing and humiliating for a sophomore show to have so many problems behind the scenes as well as having poorly constructed and practically non-existent story lines and characters. I mean, it's like trying to bake something without having a recipe on hand and just throwing in whatever shit you want because you're too lazy to figure out the exact measures and ingredients and then it all comes out a discombobulated mess.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Willie Oleson

Willie Oleson drilling for soap

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,224
    Medals:
    Why not? "Not having" means there's no choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    Then don't watch it. Its not a living relative you have to put up with, you can simply change to another channel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Michael Torrance

Michael Torrance Soap Chat Dream Maker

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,267
    I have not watched most of it, in case you missed my posts. It is still embarrassing to be considered Dynasty. Not by the 18 people watching, but those reading stories about it.

You want a stroke? No? “Not having” means there’s no choice.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,224
    Medals:
    Well you can only have a stroke when you're alive. So...

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +258
    My personal choice for recast would be Eileen Davidson, but I honestly don’t care anymore. I’m just watching out of loyalty at this point. It’s so hard to get invested with all this mess.

Also now that I’ve had a few days to sit on it, I want the real story. They’ve had too many shady exits for me to take their word at face value. I feel like they gave Nicollette the option to frame her exit however she wanted, but I feel they fired her. If someone’s mom is dying why would you write her off with the option to recast? Wouldn’t it make more sense to give her time off until she’s ready to return? Or perhaps Nicollette asked to be released from her contract due to lack of story? There’s no telling, but the official response doesn’t add up.

• Like Like x 2
  11. RottenSkipper17

RottenSkipper17 Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I thought Eileen Davidson was supposed to be effectively retired though?

12. ChrisSumner

ChrisSumner Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +258
    Mal Young, a producer of UK soaps had taken over and he was rumored to be quite harsh to people behind the scenes. Several veteran cast members left, a long term writer left (and immediately returned when he was fired) and Eileen is already back for a two episode guest stint now that he’s been fired. She wouldn’t admit to any of the back stage rumors, but she did say she wasn’t retiring.

13. Ked

Ked Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Medals:
    I'm just gonna come out and say what I think, at the moment, will be the most ideal outcome for all this: Alexis doesn't die, but is arrested and led off, only to be replaced by Dominique and Caress who cause plenty of trouble for the Carringtons. Sable, Ben, the real Adam and Amanda (in this version she's Blake's daughter he had via a one-night-stand years ago with some random woman; that way Alexis doesn't have to be involved) all enter the picture as well.

Alexis returns in the Season 5 finale...

...where the whole family is mowed down in a recreation of the Moldavian Massacre (its once again Amanda's wedding, only this time to Michael Culhane), only this time, *EVERYBODY* dies! Mwahahahahahahahahaaaaa!

14. Willie Oleson

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +19,224
    Medals:
    Good point!:lol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rove

Rove Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    It's like history is repeating itself. In original Dynasty I didn't mind to much the recasting of Steven only because I went along with the plastic surgery story. Fair enough, thinking those surgeons are magicians. But I didn't like the recasting of Fallon as I had a fondness for Pamela Sue Martin. I will admit I didn't hang around with original Dynasty as I did with Dallas but only because it became too camp.

This version has been a train-wreck from the beginning. Did The CW really believe this was going to set the ratings on fire? Why did they listen to those stupid focus groups and allow them to more or less get Nathalie Kelley fired. This was not her doing. If The CW was serious about presenting a solid drama they should have hauled the show-runners in and given them a good dressing down. Having Cristal draped over Blake's desk with her ankles pointing to GOD was not a good look from the outset. Defend this image if you must but was it really necessary?

Then James Mackay was more or less let go, again not of his making. It would appear the role of Steven hasn't yet been recast as James has been popping in occasionally with odd phone calls to Sam. Now the mother of all horrid decisions with Nicolette leaving. Read into whatever you believe but at this stage I'm going to accept her reasons for her departure from Dynasty. Will the show-runners be so bold and recast Alexis?

I think the entire scenario is both hilarious and sad and reflects poorly on the writers, directors, show-runners and those Shapiro people if they have any influence over this reboot. It's those people who should be open to criticism for this reboot...not the actors desperately trying their best to present...what is?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. TJames03

TJames03 Soap Chat Addict

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +687
    Medals:
    Come on, people. Are any of you really shocked about NS's firing? She was never Alexis and could never be Alexis. This woman was never more than a D lister even when she was on KL and DH. She comes in a totally ruins shows with her rotten 'acting.' Be gone forever!

• Cyber Hug Cyber Hug x 1
  17. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,970
    Medals:
    I think, as you said, that they had big storylines planned for her for the second half of the season - I mean, just look at the cliffhanger for the episode before the hiatus. Considering it seems like it's been a few weeks since Sheridan's been on set, I think they were waiting to see if, well to be blunt, her mother would pass away. Now they're closing in on having to film the final episodes of the season (filming usually ends early/mid April), which is why they are now mulling over a recast. I'm pretty sure last few episodes were going to have Alexis' new husband dying (probably Jeff) and Dominique arriving.

18. B.J. Ewing

B.J. Ewing Soap Chat Active Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Medals:
    Probaby because the Shapiros still cannot let go of the Dallas/Dynasty feud they were part of in the 80s. So with the reboots: Dallas lasted 3 seasons? Then Dynasty too (at least). And hopefully 1 more. Then they'll finally have their revenge. ("Original Dynasty lasted 9 seasons to Dallas' 14, but with the reboots WE WON!!!!!")

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. E-JULIAN

E-JULIAN Soap Chat Member

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +135
    "The embarrasing relative"... just like the original Sammy Jo Dean, "taking your party"... and dancing like a go-go girl in the middle of the manse surrounded but a bunch of mouthwatering tycoons, "exasperated while they are around" like Alexis and Fallon.

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. tommie

tommie Soap Chat Enthusiast

Message Count:
    Ratings:
    +2,970
    Medals:
    We've already won in total episodes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1